Sign in to follow this  
gottahaverolex

Need some advice on a Pam 203 order with Mary

gottahaverolex

I made a request with Mary for a Pam 203 and she said sent me the price and said she can get it for me. I sent payment and a day later she sent QC pics. I'm a bit distressed because the crown guard lever is facing down instead of up. I told her about the issue and she said she can't get a correct crown lever version without it having a misspelling of the dial printing at 3 o'clock. She wants me to take it but it really bothers me. I also thought about just taking it and sourcing a correct CG for it but I have a feeling it may be tough to find one that will fit correctly. What do you all think? I know there are better versions of this watch out there but she already paid for the watch. Here is a gen vs. QC pic comparison

Gen:

2fa9e145.jpg

Rep from Mary :

1ba4dc5e.jpg

Akira

I bought a 127 from her as my first PAM rep.

She got me the destro as well and the wrong lever bothered me that much. I sold it after a few days.

I wouldn't take it if it bothers you, since it's not the same watch.

seclark007

Wouldn't the fix be as easy as popping the retaining pin on the guard and flipping the lever around? Having never tried this, I don't know how easy or possible my suggestion is....

Akira

The destro case has the screw-in hole at a different position as the normal case.

You wont find a CG that will fit if I remember correctly.

flottiglia
Wouldn't the fix be as easy as popping the retaining pin on the guard and flipping the lever around? Having never tried this, I don't know how easy or possible my suggestion is....

You couldn't just flip the lever but you can undo the 2 screws and flip the whole guard round.The Reg Tm bit is then underneath but otherwise its fine.

greg_r

Mary's perfectly correct on this - the only reps with a decent dial have the wrong CG.

I'm assuming this is the cheapie, correct? If so, it's decent for the money. Don't pay more for a 'better' one, though - too many flaws. There really isn't a good rep of this model.

d1isthe1

In that case if i really wanted this watch i wud hv bought both the cheapie as well as this one , switched the CG and sold the cheapie again.. that's how its gonna work... just my opinion :)

gottahaverolex
Mary's perfectly correct on this - the only reps with a decent dial have the wrong CG. Given that the movement is completely wrong too, however, I personally wouldn't worry that much about it (I assume this is the $100-ish cheapie, yes?).

Correct Greg, cheapie. This version is display back which I like though. Most of the other versions I have seen are closed case back. Does yours have the typo? I looked at the version TS and Josh have and they don't seem to have a typo.

d1isthe1
The destro case has the screw-in hole at a different position as the normal case.

You wont find a CG that will fit if I remember correctly.

Here i too agree with Akira, its not gonna help switching the cg from the cheapie ..

greg_r
Mary's perfectly correct on this - the only reps with a decent dial have the wrong CG. Given that the movement is completely wrong too, however, I personally wouldn't worry that much about it (I assume this is the $100-ish cheapie, yes?).

Correct Greg, cheapie. This version is display back which I like though. Most of the other versions I have seen are closed case back. Does yours have the typo? I looked at the version TS and Josh have and they don't seem to have a typo.

Nope - mine doesn't have the typo, but I've seen that version and it sucks donkey balls (it's not just the typo - it's a really crappy watch in general) :)

The display back is nice agreed - shame that the movement is all wrong (the gen runs an Angelus) but you can't have everything :) . For a cheapie I think it's a decent enough watch - personally I'm not that bothered about the CG.

gottahaverolex

Screw it. I just told Mary to ship the watch. I'll just live with it. Thanks for the feedback guys!