Charles8833

Watch movement

Charles8833

I have a 3235 clone movement. I have winding issues with it. I sent it to one of the trusted watchmakers on RWI. He said he can’t get parts.

Can anyone recommend someone to repair the movement. 
How hard would it be to change to a 2824 movement 

tribefan
1 hour ago, Charles8833 said:

I have a 3235 clone movement. I have winding issues with it. I sent it to one of the trusted watchmakers on RWI. He said he can’t get parts.

Can anyone recommend someone to repair the movement. 

I sent you a PM.

There are different versions of the 3235 movement. Chances are close to 100% you will have issues putting a 2824 in the watch. You can buy replacement 3235 movements on Ali. @GenTLe may have the best link for one of those.

GenTLe
20 hours ago, Charles8833 said:

The last famous sentence of those that have no idea...

No, get a new movement. If you want to spare money then get a 3135 instead which does the very same service and in anycase it's into a closed caseback.

Either the VR: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003717644057.html or, better, the VS: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004915188743.html

• Like 4

Charles8833

I bought a 3135 movement from Ali express. I sent to Katts who was repairing my watch. After he received the movement from Ali express

he said it wouldn’t fit. He is sending my watch back unprepared and no charge 

tribefan

OK, I'll bite, what was the model of watch and where was it from?

basics62

You can buy 3235 movement on ebay. There are 2 versions. Only difference is date wheel. I'm a watch maker I bought wrong version once and just swapped out top bridge and date wheel. One has a larger date wheel and other is smaller.

ih8mud

Is alibaba reliable for reps? 

APjumbo
37 minutes ago, ih8mud said:

Is alibaba reliable for reps? 

No

Well yes, if you know where to look. I recommend buying a good quality rep first that will surprise you instead of a low grade one which may cause disappointment.

• Like 2

Ronin
On 01/01/2023 at 02:44, basics62 said:

You can buy 3235 movement on ebay. There are 2 versions. Only difference is date wheel. I'm a watch maker I bought wrong version once and just swapped out top bridge and date wheel. One has a larger date wheel and other is smaller.

I was about to post a new topic asking if any of the clone 3xxx movements will accept Genuine Rolex date wheels.  Can you shed any more light on the variations and part compatibility interchange?

oldtools
1 hour ago, Ronin said:

I was about to post a new topic asking if any of the clone 3xxx movements will accept Genuine Rolex date wheels.  Can you shed any more light on the variations and part compatibility interchange?

I bought a VR 3135 movement and swapped out the date wheel with a gen and it works fine, I've  heard that the VS 3135 may not work with a gen date wheel, but I don't have any experience with it. Here's my VR 3135 with a gen date wheel.

3D9uk5.jpg

• Like 1

GenTLe
On 01/01/2023 at 10:44, basics62 said:

Any detail on how to distinguish them? Or can you put the links indicating which is which? Thanks

basics62

Sorry for late reply but one date wheel is bigger then other. There is a guy selling both movies on ebay. He asks which you prefer before buying. 

basics62

I never fit a Gen date wheel inside a vr3135. But you can buy one on ebay and if it don't fit maybe return it. I did not measure both datewheels for size. But working on real Rolex I do seem to remember the Gen datewheel being little bit thicker which means it may not have the room to turn and get hung up.