AAH1483

Movement swap

AAH1483

Can the Breitling Navitimer 41 chrono  (KOR) asian 7750 movement be swapped for a gen ETA 7750 ?? Has anyone done this ? And what size is the ETA movement for this particular watch ?

APjumbo

I have the BP version a23322 and swapped the 7750 (non running chrono at 3) to a 7753.

This resolves the sunken date wheel and the seconds still works at 3.

Bad news is its a royal pain now to set the date, the 7753 doesn't have a quick set date.

It also has an incorrect date wheel because the datewheel from the 7750 isn't compatible with a 7753 and the gen 7753 datewheel for a navi is made of unobtanium.

The asian 7750 can be swapped to a gen 7750 but there probably isn't enough difference to bother with the upgrade unless the asian movement dies.

Rx4Time

Remember the chronograph seconds hand post is a different size.   I've had bad luck with these swaps ( A7750 to ETA 7750) and always ended up sourcing a genuine chronograph seconds hand. truthfully, you might consider having the existing movement serviced vs swapping them as this will be a more cost effective option.   I've done three of these swaps over the years.  Most recent one was an iwc 3719.   Ultimately the chronograph seconds hand cost me over $200 (it was super hard to find one) on top of the movement and labor to swap.   

• Like 1

GenTLe
8 hours ago, AAH1483 said:

Can the Breitling Navitimer 41 chrono  (KOR) asian 7750 movement be swapped for a gen ETA 7750 ?? Has anyone done this ? And what size is the ETA movement for this particular watch ?

Just get it serviced or, if it's broken and it's one of those modified 7750 with 3/6/9 layout, get a new one (A7750 unmodified) and let a tech make a good one (serviced) from the 2 you have, keeping the parts that makes up for the modifications into the new one.

Rx4Time

I forgot, the newer breitling B01 movement is not the same subdial layout as a 7750, so a direct swap , while not impossible, is a royal pain if you can find someone who is willing to marry the ETA movement to the module that changes subdial position.  

AAH1483

zFdTD5.jpgThanks for responding guys, my issue is my watch is running super slow and it’s loosing 3 to 5 minutes. The watch is brand new and haven’t had a chance to wear it yet . Any suggestions??

AAH1483

zFdXoF.jpgThis is the watch Navitimer KOR chronograph 41mm . At the time of this picture the time was 5:55 and the watch says 5:50.

Rokerite
27 minutes ago, AAH1483 said:

zFdTD5.jpgThanks for responding guys, my issue is my watch is running super slow and it’s loosing 3 to 5 minutes. The watch is brand new and haven’t had a chance to wear it yet . Any suggestions??

Has it been magnetised? 

AAH1483

That was my thought as well . I figured I'll buy a demagnetizer machine and try it to se if it works. I placed the watch on a compass and it moved.

• Like 1

GenTLe

Make a sharp picture of the balance wheel and the regulator... I have a suspect (hair spring that jumped outside the regulator).

AAH1483

The picture came from a friend who silenced the rotor for me and he placed it on the timegrapher and this was the result. He tried several times to regulate it but this what it was doing. So he recommended that I get a full service done because he doesn’t do it. Is there anyone who could do service on 7750’s here? I looked and no one wants to touch it.

FudgyDocker
1 hour ago, Rokerite said:

Has it been magnetised? 

That usually makes them run super fast, rather than slow.

GenTLe
38 minutes ago, AAH1483 said:

The picture came from a friend who silenced the rotor for me and he placed it on the timegrapher and this was the result. He tried several times to regulate it but this what it was doing. So he recommended that I get a full service done because he doesn’t do it. Is there anyone who could do service on 7750’s here? I looked and no one wants to touch it.

I've done several of them, but I don't do for others. Also consider that the cost of a service for one of these is in the ballpark of 130/150$ because it's quite a long work, and what if, in the end, it's tha balance that's fucked and to get a new balance wheel you need to purchase a brand new movement from AliExpress because there are no spares around? A new movement is between 100 and 140€ now...

Anyway I see the Chinese now have put a balance assembly on the market... But there are at least 2 types of balance wheels around, care is necessary before to buy it for nothing.

For example:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004937731318.html (Dandong movement)

and this (which I believe to be the right one):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004884473776.html (Shanghai movement)

AAH1483

Thanks for the info. The issue now is to find someone who can install it lol . Thanks guys.