Chainen

Ryder Cup Aqua Terra

Chainen

Still a newbie to this hobbie.  Just bought a VS Sub and on the search for my next target and came across this VS Omega Aqua Terra.  Not even sure it is still available but wanted to see if there was anyone on the board who had this beauty.

3Z19YD.jpg

Would appreciate any thoughts and feedback.  As an aside, I really appreciate the general friendliness and acceptance of this forum, other forums like this make  noobs feel unwelcome so thanks for that!

Eikos

I don't have this exact model but own several similar Aqua Terras from VSF and can highly recommend it.  My VSF AT 8500 with white dial and AT 8900 with blue dial are both fantastic and almost indistinguishable from gen IMO.

3Z10iF.jpg

3Z1bCt.jpg

Bottom line, you cannot go wrong with either of these reps from VSF.

• Like 1

Chainen

Beautiful watches Eikos.  I am looking for something more on the casual side so the 8900 really fits the bill.  Thanks for the photos and info

• Like 1

tribefan

I have the dimpled one and it's a dead ringer except for the font color of the coaxial verbiage on the dial. Which was really a pretty stupid mistake by VSF, just looking at the glossy's on Omega's site could have solved that problem. So someone who knows the watch really well can tell by looking at it.

I don't really care about that tho. What bothers me about it is it has no quick date set, instead the hours had moves. That's great if you travel a lot, but not so great if you haven't picked up the watch in 15 days. Considering it's a golf watch, I think they have it backwards.

Chainen

Thanks for the response Tribefan. I probably have a long way to go in my rep journey  before I would notice the font color of one word being different from gen.  Agree on the quick date set being a pain, as this will be a occasional watch. The dimpled dial looks great but it is not shown on either of the TD websites that I found.  Is this something that you can request on order, or is the picture shown how it will be built?   How long have you owned it?  I ask because, from what I have picked up, gold is sort of a no no when purchasing a rep is that correct?  Has the gold at the top of the band held up ok?    Sorry for the question barrage, but I really appreciate the interaction, and again, I really enjoy this forum thanks.

Tommy Sky

I wouldn't worry about the color difference, this watch is quite rare, so probability of you meeting someone who actually knows and would notice that is minimal. Gold in that particula place should hold ok, it's not really very exposed to scratch or something like that. There is aonther version of this watch, with an interesting dial and that one doesn't have any gold :-)

https://carbojewelers.com/screenshot-2019-07-20-at-1-27-16-pm/

Edited by Tommy Sky

tribefan

Here's the thread on these here, and there is a link to a review I did of it on RWI here as well. It's a beautiful watch IRL. I gave it to my son as he golfs a lot more than me. Cuz ya know, it's all about the gear (kit).

Gold is not a great idea because you never really know the quality of the plating and it will wear eventually. Most people will know a solid gold watch shouldn't be silver. But I have one, I wear it sparingly and it looks great. I wore it at xmas. But it's one good ding away from a box ornament so plan accordingly.

Chainen

Thanks Tommy, and thanks again Tribeman.  Nice pics of this watch, and thanks for filling me in on gold plating concern.  If this watch is available, I think it will be my next purchase.  And yeah its important for the son to rep the best gear, you're a great dad.

tonyh7

I’ve got the vsf rep of that. The gold is on the rubber strap, not on the watch head. Mine is on leather at the moment. It is a very nice rep - like almost all the vsf omega reps are. It has a clone movement which mimics the real aqua terra’s date set. Got mine from Mary (check the trusted dealer section). If you mail her she may be able to find you one.

Chainen

Thanks Tony.  I have heard good things about her in this forum and others.  My only purchase to date was with Andrew at Trusty and he was great to work with as well.  Funny this all started with a fraudulent add for real Rolexes 90% off.  I knew nothing about the rep world.  This forum has been a tremendous help my education of the market, now I can't look away.  I'm hooked.

Gatorkills94

Those are beautiful looking if to pull the trigger on a vs aqua terra soon