5teve

RWI Password

5teve

I'm being asked to change my password to use RWI forum, has anyone else had this request?

Cheers

Devil

Not had this, but be careful.. if it's an email you were sent - don't click on the link as it could be a phishing link. I would try log onto the website and reset your password from the website not an email you might have been sent.

5teve

No its not an email, its when I actually go onto RWI forum.

Rokerite
6 minutes ago, 5teve said:

I'm being asked to change my password to use RWI forum, has anyone else had this request?

Cheers

Same here

5teve

Ok,any RWI admin visit here?If so can you let us know if this is a genuine request please.

Leet1983

Same for me 

TanGo

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/read-new-password-requirements.10930791/

"In researching a recent influx of Spam it has been determined that spam bots who password spray easy passwords are able to gain access to some accounts who do not have secure passwords. Thankfully, our staff are required to have much harder passwords as well as 2-factor authentication (which I recommend to all of you).

On 16/01 I forced all users who have not logged in since 30/06/2022 and older to be locked out pending updating their password. I will be doing the same to all of you later this week.

**Please understand, if you change your password after reading this, It's going to force you to do it again when I initiate the force new password because I cannot tell who recently changed theirs. I recommend that you wait until I force this**. You will know that I pushed out the change when you attempt to log in and it asks you to update your password."

Edited by TanGo

5teve

Thank for the explanation.

FudgyDocker

Really fucking annoying for those of us who already use secure passwords.

deju
On 19/01/2023 at 17:23, 5teve said:

Cheers

Hi Steve I had this don’t worry 

4 hours ago, FudgyDocker said:

Really fucking annoying for those of us who already use secure passwords.

Played havoc with my password manager… @Glaude is satanic