Sign in to follow this  
sirvans6

Aquanaut Travel time

sirvans6

Hi Guys,

I bought a nautilus from one of the TD's some time ago and paid 300+ usd, it started to have issues but I didn't give it to much thought as I was fairly new to the game and didn't expect the watch to last for more than 2 years, so I gave it another crack and got the Aquanaut travel time 5164A, but it fell apart after paying almost 400 dollars for it from the same TD. there was several issues with it and I was told that I could find a watch smith and fix it which I did, then suddenly the rubber band broke and the small pin holding the rubberband also broke etc etc, and this is a watch I don't wear daily and not much help from the TD. now my question is, I want to get the 5164R, is it worth paying 400-500 USD and who would you recommend getting a solid PP from, I don't mind paying if it is a good rep and as close to the original as possible.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

fatarms

A $400 watch shouldn't just fall apart.   Sounds like you may have just had some bad luck?   Maybe see if another TD  can get you a new strap for that second watch? 

sirvans6

I was in New York and actually bought an original rubber strap in Wempe, but the pins connecting the strap to the watch it self also broke