Rustysanchez

Day wheel changes at 9??

Rustysanchez

Hi everyone i have a YachtMaster 116622 40mm

904L SS/SS Grey ARF A2824

that i bought next door a while ago,only really wear it occasionally and just noticed when setting then time the day changed on 9? Iv no idea on the mechanics of watches so will not open this up myself so would appreciate advice on how/why this has happened and how I can fix this? It keeps time well apart from this??Ps...its always changed earlier than 12 even when I purchased this watch(like 11ish I think)but me and the seller thought for the sake of sending it back and opening it up might not be worth it but now it changes at 9 it's to obvious....many thanks

FudgyDocker

Probably poor assembly. The fix is to remove hands, adjust the time until the date exactly flicks over, then replace all hands showing 12:00. If you aren't competent to do it yourself, you need someone else to do it.

There's always the chance that something is slipping inside the movement if it's getting worse. Either way, it probably needs a watchsmith.

• Like 1

APjumbo

You would need to pull the movement off the case, pull the hands off, wind the crown until the date changes at midnight, then press the hands back on. Then reinstall the movement.

I wouldn’t attempt this job myself in such a nice watch, I would start with a cheap seiko homage first. Or easy repair for a watchsmith.

whoever built this watch didn’t align the hand to midnight before pressing them on. Nothing wrong with the movement. 
Or be lazy like me and just wear it as is.