Alan32

Bulova / Citizen service fiasco

Alan32

We all have our beefs with Seiko , with price, misalignments etc,  but I have had a few watches serviced by them (they were sentimental so worth the cost) and with one watch on two occasions I was offered a new watch for the price of the service, as they were "obsolete ".

I then sent a Tissot Retrograde chronograph watch to be serviced and it came back with all the chrono hands at the twelve o'clock position (See photo 1 for correct positioning) I sent a pretty sharp email to the service department and received an apology and some freebies. ( I could easily rectify the problem)

But the Bulova /Citizen service department have excelled themselves in stupidity and lack of quality control for the princely sum of £142 + postage they have returned my precisionist Diver Chrono with

A The main  Chrono second hand misaligned 

b The 1/100 of a second hand centred on .09

c The 1/1000 of a second hand centred at twelve o'clock and not even on the scale!

Am I just unlucky or is this the general standard of servicing in the UK?

The video at the end shows how the Tissot works..........But to what purpose ?         Answers on a postcard to.......

32b3ID.jpg

32bZss.jpg
32bDn3.jpg
320ghn.jpg

Alan32

Got the watch back with a half-hearted apology from Citizen/Bulova and the 1/1000 th of a second hand is still slightly off but at least it's useable now.  Shall be using independents from now on.

3eoKii.jpg