Chainen

Pagani Seamaster my 1st review

Chainen

Hello Forum, I am still deciding on my next rep, however after paging through 100s of watches, I came across this Pagani Design. Ok, I know, even only having been around a short time that Pagani isn't a sexy brand or topic, but after some research I decided that this will satisfy my need to buy and only cost me around $100.  As I am looking at Rep Omega Seamaster's I landed on this one.  I have to say, that I am pleasantly surprised by this watch.  I am posting some pics for your viewing pleasure.  I have not mastered the art of this yet so please take them for what they are, some newb taking pictures of his new addition.

Here is what I like so far:

1. The NH 35 movement is pretty nice for the price

2. The watch, IMO, looks pretty good.

3. The Lum, to me, looks great

4. Although I dont love the band, I really like the butterfly clasp that comes with.

Dont likes:

1. No quick date set....arrg

2. The rubber bracelet that comes with is very stiff, to the point of discomfort.  I will be replacing this band.

On to the pics

Front view

https://clickpix.org/image/front.3LaTfj

Back view

https://clickpix.org/image/back.3Ladh4

Lum

https://clickpix.org/image/Lum.3LaknI

Wrist

https://clickpix.org/image/wrist.3Lawsc

3LaTfj.jpg

3Ladh4.jpg

3LaknI.jpg

3Lawsc.jpg

• Like 2

tribefan

Thanks for the review. If you copy the BBCode links in click pix, the images will display without having to click on the jpg links. I've edited them into your post for you.

Cheers

• Like 1

NCRich

The NH35 has a quick set date.  You may be turning it in the wrong direction.

• Like 4

tonyh7

Looks nice. I think these homages are about as much watch per $ as you are likely to get.  I recently got the Pagani homage to the Tissot prx. Often the weakest part of the package is the band/bracelet. Which on an integrated bracelet watch would be a problem. But it’s actually surprisingly good. The seiko movement is well regulated too - unlike a few Seikos I have. 

• Like 1

Chainen

Thanks NC.  You were correct, winding the quick date set in the wrong direction.  Liking this even more now thanks!

• Like 3

...nice looking piece but looks like a complete rip off of an Omega...is there a connection between the two companies?

Rokerite
21 minutes ago, 996 said:

...nice looking piece but looks like a complete rip off of an Omega...is there a connection between the two companies?

No. It is classed as an "homage" to an Omega.

• Like 1

Ahh!...reveals my knowledge; and tbh I rather wish reps would be built with a  movement such as one from Seiko rather than the often chocolate copies: best of both worlds then...a VSF Sub with a decent reliable movement would be perfect! No more winding or time setting like you are diffusing a bomb !!!

Chainen

Actually the VSF sub comes with a very good clone movement VS3235.  My first Rep purchase was the 126610LN from VSF with this movement and it has been extremely reliable.  There is no comparing the high beat movement to that of the Seiko movement.  That second hand sweeping at 28800 is a thing of beauty.

BadApple
22 hours ago, 996 said:

:facepalm:

• Like 1

...oh dear I've revealed my ignorance publicly :fuck:

Watch_Fox

The Pagani doesn't have a helium escape valve, which is an improvement to me.

I have a similar Pagani with a blue dial and metal bracelet.  The dial is stunning and the NH35 movement works great, but the bracelet sucks.  Some of the links bind and the edges are a bit sharp.

Junior88
25 minutes ago, Watch_Fox said:

The Pagani doesn't have a helium escape valve, which is an improvement to me.

I have a similar Pagani with a blue dial and metal bracelet.  The dial is stunning and the NH35 movement works great, but the bracelet sucks.  Some of the links bind and the edges are a bit sharp.

I've found on the pair of Pagani watches I have, that the edges are sharp.   The binding links however is easy to sort.   Just take the bracelet off and let it soak in baby oil for awhile. 

Chainen

The rubber that is in the picture was very stiff and uncomfortable. I have replaced it with a blue leather that works much better.  I guess when you only pay $100 for the watch expectations should be adjusted a bit.

31jVRb.jpg31jVRb.jpgTo be honest the strap on my VSF 41MMS SUB is quite sharp in places and the crown and bezel is equally sharp/rough ? My GMF Air king on the other hand has no sharp edges??

Chainen

Nice collection 996!  Im sure you could fit a $100-$120 Pagani in there :D

Coax

Is the Omega Seamaster a rep quartz?