NCRich

All the Moonswatch reps - new versions even

NCRich

So after seeing @cvp3's post on the Moonswatch reps I decided to look around a bit on the Gate and Alibaba.  I talked to my Alibaba guy he had them for about $30 with the mineral glass crystal.  The seller who had the most sales on DHGate answered me during CNY and told me he had a new version that had the plexi and better engravings.  They still have the microstepper quartz movement.  Coupons brought all that down to $217.19 for all 11 Moonswatch reps.  Seemed a no brainer.

I ordinarily would put these in the Ali/Gate section but you'd be nuts to order these from a TD. Way too cheap elsewhere.

They got here in 17 days and 5 of those were waiting for CNY to end to be able to ship.  I really like these and and I was sure I would not.  These are really nice looking.  I'll look at one of them in detail and then show you all the dials. 

So lets start with the group pic:

3eH6xW.jpg

and now the Uranus model.  Biggest issue is the dial.  Its iridescent , but the gen is flat. It actually looks better than the gen to me.  I believe the battery door is functional, but I'll wait to destroy one until the batteries die.  The ad said that it has an Omega in the center of the plexi but I'm still trying to convince myself its there.

3eHUX2.jpg

I'd note that this strap is supposed to be the same length as the gen, and in order to see all that Speedmaster logo stuff on the band your wrist can't exceed 7.5 inches.  You can still wear it but I think it would look funny.

3eHAs5.jpg
3eH29p.jpg
3eHhKb.jpg
3eHeDF.jpg

Now all the different dials.  There are shade variations between the reps and gens if you compare them online but I don't think anyone would ever know the difference unless you had them side by side.  The Saturn for instance looks a bit different than the gen, but not worse.  And its a difference in the color graduation in the planet, hardly noticeable. 

And I honestly think some of these reps look better than the gens.

3eHWbE.jpg
3eH5qt.jpg
3eHiUn.jpg
3eHIhY.jpg
3eHOnD.jpg
3eHmQ3.jpg
3eHoRs.jpg
3eHYsk.jpg
3eH1Zo.jpg
3eH9qJ.jpg

I think I like the Earth one the best.

3eHrUS.jpg
3eHtQQ.jpg

See this battery door looks functional, and the seller said it was.  So maybe so.

3eHnXP.jpg

Here is the link I used.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/bioceramic-planet-moon-mens-watches-full/776581467.html

• Like 7

Devil

Funnily enough, I just ordered one of these at the weekend from the same seller... if it's anything like the moon watch you've received, I'll be a happy man :) 

Edited by Devil
  • Like 1

brang1

engraving looks good 

BoobBandit

These look really good 

Tw3

I ordered one off the same guy mid jan, hoping it’s gonna drop through the letter box any day. Good to see a real pics of them. 

Redfire1066

@NCRich  .. ..  these look fabulous . .. . ..  a marvelous article,   . .  . also, thanks for the link   .. .. .   looking forward to reading more on comparisons in your topic  .. .  are these fully functioning chronos? :D

• Like 1

Justoffcentre

Very nice, great post thanks. I had a few really crap ones a while so tempted on these.

GingerApple
7 hours ago, NCRich said:

...down to $217.19 for all 11 Moonswatch reps.  Seemed a no brainer.

Agreed.  Absolutely no brain was involved in buying those monstrosities. No eyes either. :vomit:

• Like 5

tonyh7

I love these, it’s what the Gate does best. I’ve got Mercury with Neptune on the way. I suspect the battery door is fake, which would make a battery change interesting to say the least. 

NCRich
2 hours ago, Redfire1066 said:

@NCRich  .. ..  these look fabulous . .. . ..  a marvelous article,   . .  . also, thanks for the link   .. .. .   looking forward to reading more on comparisons in your topic  .. .  are these fully functioning chronos? :D

Well, it uses a microstepper instead of the one the gen does so one subdial doesn't have the same functionality as the gen.  Looks the same though.

• Like 1

Intresting

seems either don't buy or get these.  The gen is crazy expensive for what it is.   Then again, there are people who buy a 100% cotton Tee that cost $200 just because it has a designer logo when the exact same one at Kmart is $3.99...

• Like 2

SCShrek
5 hours ago, NCRich said:

Well, it uses a microstepper instead of the one the gen does so one subdial doesn't have the same functionality as the gen.  Looks the same though.

Hey Rich, 

Two questions: I bought the burg bezel Mercury from Fashionwatch198 on DHG. It has cleared LA customs, so it shouldnt take but another month for USPS  to get it to SC  ;) but what store did you use? I lot of yours look really good and I didnt have high hopes from this purchase. Second, is the Saturn watch bezel a dark burgundy or brown?

Thx sir!

deju

Fucking noob posting in the wrong sections :rofl:

These look great, now find us a 1.1 display case!!!

GingerApple

I feel like I'm in some sort of surreal nightmare. Are you guys seeing the same photos I'm seeing? You can't be. I'm seeing photos like this and you guys are saying they're lovely. If that watch didn't say Omega on the dial, you'd be laughing at the plastic monstrosity. 

3eHOnD.jpg

You're all total fucking messes. Hang your heads.

daytona4me

It's really hard to beat this.  I think it's a great find!  So glad you shared this! 

trailboss99

Worth the bucks and a bit cheaper than the set of Speedmasters I'd like one day:

3eWFki.jpg

• Like 1

NCRich
46 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

Hey Rich, 

Two questions: I bought the burg bezel Mercury from Fashionwatch198 on DHG. It has cleared LA customs, so it shouldnt take but another month for USPS  to get it to SC  ;) but what store did you use? I lot of yours look really good and I didnt have high hopes from this purchase. Second, is the Saturn watch bezel a dark burgundy or brown?

Thx sir!

Link is at the end of the post. The Saturn is sort of a reddish brown. Looks a lot like the gen.

NCRich
36 minutes ago, deju said:

Fucking noob posting in the wrong sections :rofl:

These look great, now find us a 1.1 display case!!!

Ah didn't even think. Should have put it in Omega. Well more people will probably see it here.

Redfire1066
deju

@Redfire1066 Fuck that looks like a gen! Will watch that bet it goes crazy 

• Like 1

NCRich

Lol I finally saw the omega in the Plexi. But they didn't seem to spend much time making sure it was oriented correctly. Small problems.

Redfire1066
2 hours ago, TheOtherSpareGinger said:

I feel like I'm in some sort of surreal nightmare. Are you guys seeing the same photos I'm seeing? You can't be. I'm seeing photos like this and you guys are saying they're lovely. If that watch didn't say Omega on the dial, you'd be laughing at the plastic monstrosity. 

3eHOnD.jpg

It is a fair point.  Could the same be said for many, many watch brands?

• Like 1

SCShrek
47 minutes ago, Redfire1066 said:

It is a fair point.  Could the same be said for many, many watch brands?

3 hours ago, TheOtherSpareGinger said:

3eHOnD.jpg

To be fair, youre assuming we all want the watch we like/order. When your wife likes certain colors and says I want it, you go get it unless you dont plan on getting other things for a while ;). Maybe you man up and try to teach her about how plastics and watches arent worth the effort but for $20-$30, it's not worth the conversation. "Yes dear" is the best approach.

• Like 1

GingerApple

To be fair, I'm slagging all you pricks off, but then I literally just went and ordered this (at double the price of all the Moonswatches)....

3emc81.jpg

• Like 2

SCShrek
34 minutes ago, TheOtherSpareGinger said:

To be fair, I'm slagging all you pricks off, but then I literally just went and ordered this (at double the price of all the Moonswatches)....

3emc81.jpg

Expect to pay double (or 15x that in this case)  for a Rollie :) Lovely Tiff blue too..