NCRich

All the Moonswatch reps - new versions even

brang1

That fucking battery cracks me up- the lengths they go to is astonishing 

Redfire1066

@deju  ...  good find :Jumpy:. . ..  .  that would do nicely (at the right price . .. :Thinking: )  . . ..  keeping an eye on it for more info  :thumbsup2:

SCShrek

Well, 

I grabbed one from the Gate, Fashionwatch198 Store for $27 and it was definitely worth $10 of the $27 so just a PSA, use the store @NCRich used.

This one looks the part from a mile away but OMG, I've bought better watches from the bargain bin of a $1 thrift store. The pushers have no click and they wobble. I knew it was plastic and light so that didnt surprise me but I didnt expect to be able to pull the crown and adjust the hands just by swinging the watch around because the movement is so loose. Geez. Actually makes it hard to truly set the time.

The least the couldve done was set the 3 oclock chrono in the 12 position, instead of having it permanently around 4-5. This watch from this seller is a piece of junk along with the cardboard case. The original is cardboard but this is Chinese cardboard. On drop of water and the whole thing will dissolve. They took the watch that was in a plastic bag and shoved it down into the cardboard box crushing the entire innards.  I would post a pic of it but it might break my camera.

For $250, I think I'll try to find the real thing for the wife when we are NYC  in a couple of weeks.

Slugger
On 15/02/2023 at 23:18, Redfire1066 said:

@NCRich  .. ..  these look fabulous . .. . ..  a marvelous article,   . .  . also, thanks for the link   .. .. .   looking forward to reading more on comparisons in your topic  .. .  are these fully functioning chronos? :D

The one I grabbed has a Sunon PE50 movement. The subdial at 2 is not 1/10 sec like the gen which, I believe is an ETA (dah) G10.212 AP or G10.212 AJ. Either there is a phantom datewheel or (more likely) this complication has been removed. 

• Like 1

Devil
On 16/02/2023 at 01:16, Devil said:

Funnily enough, I just ordered one of these at the weekend from the same seller... if it's anything like the moon watch you've received, I'll be a happy man :) 

Still patiently waiting on my moon version arriving, 14 days since shipped :Whistle: 

CaptainFantastic

Ordered Saturn from the same seller, not close to the correct colour, definitely not the same as the one you received.

Good Old Gate!

3ih0wX.jpg

CaptainFantastic

I’ll add, I’ve ordered Moon & Earth also, so I’m keenly awaiting seeing whatever turns up there… 

tonyh7

I gave Mercury to my dau and Uranus to a friend who feeds our cat when we are away. Both absolutely delighted. Neither gives a toss that the dials are wrong and the battery door is false. As much joy as you can spread for a mere $20 a pop. Give me these over a $1000 Daytona rep any day.

saleev

Just arrived. Got to say I'm pretty happy with them. All a good laugh when playing with the gate. Let me know what you think.

3iUk31.jpg3iUk31.jpg

• Like 3

NCRich

@saleev those look like mine.  Great for the $

I hate to say it but I actually love these watches. Its weird.  I hope they make better reps of the 2 or 3 that the dials are bad on.

saleev

@NCRich Yeah I used the link you provided. There is something strangely addictive about them! Ordered on the 18th of Feb so happy with the speed of delivery also.

• Like 1

Devil
25 minutes ago, NCRich said:

@saleev those look like mine.  Great for the $

I hate to say it but I actually love these watches. Its weird.  I hope they make better reps of the 2 or 3 that the dials are bad on.

I ordered from the same seller before you posted this thread, mine just arrived today, do yours sweep when you activate the chrono as well?

10 minutes ago, saleev said:

@NCRich Yeah I used the link you provided. There is something strangely addictive about them! Ordered on the 18th of Feb so happy with the speed of delivery also.

Mine just arrived today too! Although I only ordered one... Wish I ordered more!

3iWqMj.jpg

• Like 1

NCRich
1 hour ago, Devil said:

I ordered from the same seller before you posted this thread, mine just arrived today, do yours sweep when you activate the chrono as well?

Mine just arrived today too! Although I only ordered one... Wish I ordered more!

3iWqMj.jpg

Looks good, maybe better than mine.  Yes it sweeps.

saleev

@Devil Indeed, I think I may find it hard to resist completing the set

CaptainFantastic

Wore mine yesterday and swiftly got over the dial being the wrong colour. I’m now awaiting 5 more……  

Great find @NCRich 

• Like 1

brang1

3YW8Db.png3YW8Db.png

found the S 

Alex Ram

3YsoJc.jpg

mine just arrived from the same seller, quality is great for the price! 

3 weeks to get through customs and arrive in the uk, so not bad at all!  

• Like 3

Pesman

So my Ali express Neptune having arrived, I have now ordered 3 more (pink, tiffany, grey)from[mention=10171]NCRich[/mention] 's link to watches_77 in the hope that they are better quality than the Ali (recessed sub-dials for a start)

With coupons etc. They worked out at just £22 each including shipping.

I already have another 2 (Saturn and Moon) on the way from shop watch1712 on DHGate as I missed this thread.

If the watches_77 ones are better then I'll re-order the blue.

I also notice that the gold second hand moonwatch is now emerging. So will wait on that and complete the set. That will fit a 12 slot watchbox very nicely...46272b1328452895a9deee6e826e6fca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Pesman

Walk away from the gate....!

So I have now added a gold edition moon..with a box (just out of interest)...little bit more expensive but i liked the fact that this shops item photos were taken on a counter and backs appear embossed...if that's any kind of a guide

I will report back in a few weeks...!

The positive news is that my wife loved the blue one so we are cleared for the set if these turn out to be better quality!

0b36e8e2c75af53bf7ee1518637e385b.jpg

• Like 2

Pesman

So my first DHGate order arrived today...

cdf87f4e0beec644436a2c07f75c039d.jpg

Not[mention=10171]NCRich[/mention] shop as I hadn't discovered this thread then...

Both in boxes (which was a suprise) although moon was missing its sleeve. Immediate step up in build quality from my Ali Neptune with recessed dials, a firmer movement and embossed backs and battery cover. Unfortunately, though, the Saturn planet print was rings only...

With these both feeling much lighter I also realised that my blue Ali one appears bigger and is coated steel - not plastic - hence printed back not embossed. Gives it a nicer weight though...swings and roundabouts!

359805fe82ffe80453180bc4057c4b29.jpg

6fe2eb73e158c5f7c20774e8a9fb2cc4.jpg

Next inbound are 3 from the recommended link...

Comparison with Ali rep

ab32d42fd32827554fbb7aa59b4ad05f.jpg

86bd2ab12cd5b1c795043f123301e3c8.jpg

Updates to follow...these are definitely fun. It will be interesting to see if an 'best' edition emerges at some point...I assume no clone exists of the quartz movement in the gen.

• Like 2

NCRich

Probably no clone, but the gen is an inexpensive movement too.  Its just a different inexpensive movement.  It's around $30 retail for the gen movement.  I'm sure its less than half that if your bought quantity.

Pesman
Probably no clone, but the gen is an inexpensive movement too.  Its just a different inexpensive movement.  It's around $30 retail for the gen movement.  I'm sure its less than half that if your bought quantity.

Ok…if gen position stays stupid I’m sure we will see some emerge with the gen movement. I’m really impressed with these for money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pesman

3 more arrivals from watches_77 order placed 27-3 and arrived today...

Really impressed with build...I feel a collection completion coming on...

c61563d6922d7e5bb4a55f3eb2b0e588.jpg

Total collection to date...2 to buy the good ladies forgiveness! The Blue one remains the steel oddity and will be replaced...

5fc2d28a06e84d6b222e622508729232.jpg

• Like 3