NCRich

All the Moonswatch reps - new versions even

Pesman

Next!....

Cancelled all other orders and received refund..this is definitely my moonswatch supplier of choice now...
054380983510a90506371986dbdb5a36.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Abe Fromen

So a buddy of mine just got his Ali version of the MoonSwatch and he said it's pretty damned good, particularly for $50. 

digidoc

Just ordered from DHGate watches_77 Store, excited to see how it looks IRL!

tonyh7

I've got mission to Pluto - the colour is way off. Shame cause I really like the colour on the gen. The gen is a pale cream colour, whereas mine is the colour of Heinz mushroom soup. Anyone know of a version of this that gets it right? 

NCRich
On 13/04/2023 at 02:57, tonyh7 said:

I've got mission to Pluto - the colour is way off. Shame cause I really like the colour on the gen. The gen is a pale cream colour, whereas mine is the colour of Heinz mushroom soup. Anyone know of a version of this that gets it right? 

We have no idea what you ordered. 

Intresting
1 hour ago, NCRich said:

We have no idea what you ordered. 

he said he ordered mushroom soup.  :rofl: 

brang1
On 13/04/2023 at 16:57, tonyh7 said:

I had a gen mission to Pluto and that was shite too- the bar is not set very high with these watches 

• Like 1

Abe Fromen

So I caved and have one incoming. What is the strap size cuz there's no way I could stomach that horrible velcro abomination. Is it 20 or 22mm? thx

Pesman
So I caved and have one incoming. What is the strap size cuz there's no way I could stomach that horrible velcro abomination. Is it 20 or 22mm? thx
20mm

• Like 1

Abe Fromen

Thanks Perry! 

Pesman

Fresh in from DHGate Watches_77 as per the thread link...2 weeks from pushing buy button to my door at £19.35 each...including postage

eff36ea70d2af740ff8730ed6575ad85.jpg

These are just great..these time we have

ebb123f1ec79ed675f612032e97cc9c6.jpg

Mission to Moon, Moonshine Edition...Still around £550 on eBay

ea7a33c86a417bec50d5a5c6b2109f44.jpg

Mission to Sun...

44dda2c3bedb77f23af8269b0feb9921.jpg

Mission on Earth

7552d8f740a88c0a4f8b854431f395d7.jpg

Mission to Neptune...replacing my 'steel' AliExpress mash-up

No idea how close these are colour wise but yo my untrained eye they are just great fun for the money

....now just need to complete the set...a nice round 12 for a new watch box...

• Like 3

Pesman

Final 3....

e0bc0ef80814049d516f614b83a6af05.jpg

Dedicated Watch box...

8dd226419f3086bd6a90432f4f865778.jpg

And a Sticker for the glass!!

edc08fd76573696869105da51d67a1b3.jpg

Yes I need help but I do love this as a collection...

• Like 4

GingerApple

'Watchbox for women'. Says it all with these fucking monstrosities. Wrong 'uns, the lot of you.

Pesman
'Watchbox for women'. Says it all with these fucking monstrosities. Wrong 'uns, the lot of you.
"For men women"...perfect match!

• Like 2

Khronos

@Pesman Is the lume on the hour markers of the regular "Misson to Moon" always this green or is it just charged up in your photos? I'm torn between the Moon and the Mercury version :)

Pesman
[mention=44524]Pesman[/mention] Is the lume on the hour markers of the regular "Misson to Moon" always this green or is it just charged up in your photos? I'm torn between the Moon and the Mercury version

Photos were indoors straight out of the box so I assume that's the colour.

Personally, the grey Mercury is more interesting to me

• Like 1

Khronos
6 hours ago, Pesman said:

Photos were indoors straight out of the box so I assume that's the colour.

Personally, the grey Mercury is more interesting to me

Thank you :)

Pesman
Thank you

QA is hardly top on these so yours may vary anyway

• Like 1

Pesman

So...watchbox and sticker have arrived and watches are now ensconced in their new home, correctly ordered, and awaiting their last 3 cousins to arrive..

32ec4b97c22d792d1fcd381204ac2c47.jpg

9b010f161efa632ca0c92c5905cf07a8.jpg

I realise it has become a daft obsession but I am genuinely taken with them as a concept...anyone daft enough to pay full price for these lightweight plastic novelties probably needs help but given this entire box has cost little more than 1 gen and summer beckons...what's not to like!

Cheers to[mention=10171]NCRich[/mention] for sourcing a great supplier and unleashing the madness!

• Like 8

NCRich
3 hours ago, Pesman said:

Cheers to[mention=10171]NCRich[/mention] for sourcing a great supplier and unleashing the madness

LOL, I just ordered that sticker.  From Germany no less.  Great minds think alike.  I got the white box because it was closer to the Swatch display case.

3YQOlW.jpg
3YQIWP.jpg

• Like 2

Pesman
LOL, I just ordered that sticker.  From Germany no less.  Great minds think alike.  I got the white box because it was closer to the Swatch display case.3YQOlW.jpg3YQIWP.jpg  

Good call. I went reddish as closer to Omega but like yours more. The sticker is great if not very intuitive…. Peel of backing….put it on lid…press down on logo through top bit…and peel off top bit… 

Obviously yours offend as they are not in celestial order from the sun…

And you need the Gold moon watch for the round 12!

Actually we need blue fabric...

a560bee4b6e249c1e068a1a0ca526eb9.jpg

And at an Etsy near you...for just £650!!

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1432278267/swatch-omega-x-swatch-speedmaster

62d4f1568814c1ac81236f0368f486da.jpg

And if you don’t fancy paying for one….

https://timeandtidewatches.com/video-smash-and-grab-theft-of-moonswatch-suitcase-the-latest-symptom-of-watch-crime-epidemic/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Abe Fromen

mine arrived and it's kind of like a toy from a McHappy meal, which is to say like a genuine Swatch.

3CuzLD.jpg

• Like 5

Slugger
On 30/03/2023 at 12:29, NCRich said:

Probably no clone, but the gen is an inexpensive movement too.  Its just a different inexpensive movement.  It's around $30 retail for the gen movement.  I'm sure its less than half that if your bought quantity.

Finding the right version of the G10.212 proved to be more of a challenge than I anticipated. The ones available on ebay, esslinger.com, etc are the AD version and not the right ones.  The difference is the 10:00 subdial. For the Moonswatch, you want it to be 60 minutes. That is for the AJ and AP versions of the movement which also have the 1/10 second subdial at 2:00.

To get my movement, I ended up buying the cheapest working used Swatch Irony Chrono I could find on ebay. To get one cheap, find the watch nobody wants, the ugliest one you can find. 

The pushers inside the case needed to be shortened but not by much to get the movement to settle in but, once it did, it was a perfect fit. You’ll want to remove the pushers to place the movement with the dial and hands on. To do that, you’ll need to release a very tiny clip. I made a simple tool from a plastic fork to do this. Think oversized springbar tool.

Oh, and not only did the movement fit perfectly, the battery aligned perfectly with the battery access panel (unlike some reps, mine had an actual removable panel like the gen).

The position of eyes of the PE50 are exactly the same as the G10.212 so the dial lined up very nicely with the gen movement.

Thankfully, the rep subdial hands fit the new movement without modification. The center rep hands (hour, minute, and sweep second) needed to be broached to fit.

Since  the rep I put the ETA movement in was the Mission to the Moon version, I polished off the white paint and relumed it to match the limited edition Mission to the Moonshine Gold version.

Now my Omega X Swatch MoonSwatch frankenrep looks and plays just like the real one. Total cost, including the Swatch Irony donor watch, was about $60. 

• Like 2

Abe Fromen
35 minutes ago, Slugger said:

Finding the right version of the G10.212 proved to be more of a challenge than I anticipated. The ones available on ebay, esslinger.com, etc are the AD version and not the right ones.  The difference is the 10:00 subdial. For the Moonswatch, you want it to be 60 minutes. That is for the AJ and AP versions of the movement which also have the 1/10 second subdial at 2:00.

To get my movement, I ended up buying the cheapest working used Swatch Irony Chrono I could find on ebay. To get one cheap, find the watch nobody wants, the ugliest one you can find. 

The pushers inside the case needed to be shortened but not by much to get the movement to settle in but, once it did, it was a perfect fit. You’ll want to remove the pushers to place the movement with the dial and hands on. To do that, you’ll need to release a very tiny clip. I made a simple tool from a plastic fork to do this. Think oversized springbar tool.

Oh, and not only did the movement fit perfectly, the battery aligned perfectly with the battery access panel (unlike some reps, mine had an actual removable panel like the gen).

The position of eyes of the PE50 are exactly the same as the G10.212 so the dial lined up very nicely with the gen movement.

Thankfully, the rep subdial hands fit the new movement without modification. The center rep hands (hour, minute, and sweep second) needed to be broached to fit.

Since  the rep I put the ETA movement in was the Mission to the Moon version, I polished off the white paint and relumed it to match the limited edition Mission to the Moonshine Gold version.

Now my Omega X Swatch MoonSwatch frankenrep looks and plays just like the real one. Total cost, including the Swatch Irony donor watch, was about $60. 

This post is useless without pix. 

Pesman
This post is useless without pix. 
Agree would love to see it...