NCRich

All the Moonswatch reps - new versions even

NCRich

Thats a lot of work for a plastic watch.

• Like 2

Pesman

My work is done....last 3 arrived today...

b20c15dcdbd7a05dd7135a1cdc508d5d.jpg

e45762f5f166474d869529595287fbe9.jpg

Total cost for 12 watches...about £240

Box and sticker £25

Current cost of 1 gen £228 - £300 (ignoring idiot prices) so not a bad trade...

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Thats a lot of work for a plastic watch.

You mean bioceramic!! 

• Like 7

Callum12

Looks great seeing them all together in a collection. 
I have the Mercury. From a distance I t looks great but feels cheap, which is expected at £30 or so. 

Anyone compared to a gen? 

Pesman
Looks great seeing them all together in a collection. 
I have the Mercury. From a distance I t looks great but feels cheap, which is expected at £30 or so. 

I gaurentee they will feel just as 'cheap'...

Popperini
2 hours ago, Callum12 said:

There are plenty of reviews online of the gens, which generally all seem to agree that the watches are flimsy poorly finished nonsense.

I'm feeling happy that, having seen these collections completed and comprising of the closest reps available right now, I don't feel the slightest compulsion to jump on the bandwagon myself. I've picked up a couple of them out of curiosity, and they really don't do it for me at all.

Callum12
6 hours ago, Popperini said:

There are plenty of reviews online of the gens, which generally all seem to agree that the watches are flimsy poorly finished nonsense.

I'm feeling happy that, having seen these collections completed and comprising of the closest reps available right now, I don't feel the slightest compulsion to jump on the bandwagon myself. I've picked up a couple of them out of curiosity, and they really don't do it for me at all.

Agreed, I’ve seen the reviews however I was wondering if anyone had first hand experience having both together. 

Seeing the full collection together looks great, but I don’t think I’ll be getting another! 

rocky9to5

Pickedup a Mission to Moonshine version.  Sure it's plastic, sure it's a rep of a rep (if you will), but with an orange band it looks fine and is fun.  If I ever break it, it's only $30 down the drain. 

The chronometer works, all the little dials spin but the only one that really matters is the second at 6.

I can't say how it compares to Gen. But they are both plastic...  I doubt from an arm's length anyone could tell the difference.

]3ux0do.jpg

Horace Derwent

I will never unsdertand all the HATE the poor MoonSwatch gets.

I tihnk it's fun, and it's a brilliant idea to let youngesters and non-wathch people approach  to watches.....otherwise all Smartwatches.

Yrs, it's plastic, it's Quartz, but it's made by a Watch company.

You (you watch enthusiast) would be surprised by HOW MANY people knows only Rolex (and maybe SEIKO) as mechanical Watches.

A lot of normal people does NOT know what Omega or Tudor is; try to believe.

NCRich

No hate here.

3vDk0v.jpg

• Like 3

Pesman

I tihnk it's fun, and it's a brilliant idea to let youngesters and non-wathch people approach  to watches.....otherwise all Smartwatches.

You (you watch enthusiast) would be surprised by HOW MANY people knows only Rolex (and maybe SEIKO) as mechanical Watches.

Or here...

a6fa07d67e7d9e219d14b3ea537171c9.jpg

I would suggest that most 'hate' is reserved less for the funky plastic watch and more for the method by which Swatch sold the gen...limited stores... as well as the idiots who then bought up the stock and flipped it for silly profits...

Maybe they were taken by suprise at just how stupid punters could be but either way simply allowing on-line purchases (even after a short period of store exclusivity) would have calmed the idiocy and shown some consideration for us average punters.

Either way the reps are a perfect and cost effective substitute and mean I can own them all!!

• Like 2

Popperini
1 hour ago, Horace Derwent said:

Everything you've said there ignores two key points... the price, and availability to the public.

Sure, these are fun reps at a few dollars a pop. But £260+ for a plastic quartz watch?

And trying to buy gen means either going down the quasi-Rolex "let's make it stupidly difficult for most people and cause an artificial, completely unnecessary sense of FOMO and exclusivity" or - because of the cynical marketing tricks - go to eBay and pay £300+ (and in the process potentially end up with what's actually a $30 rep).

• Like 2

NCRich
3 minutes ago, Popperini said:

Everything you've said there ignores two key points... the price, and availability to the public.

Sure, these are fun reps at a few dollars a pop. But £260+ for a plastic quartz watch?

And trying to buy gen means either going down the quasi-Rolex "let's make it stupidly difficult for most people and cause an artificial, completely unnecessary sense of FOMO and exclusivity" or - because of the cynical marketing tricks - go to eBay and pay £300+ (and in the process potentially end up with what's actually a $30 rep).

Yeah gens are a bit daft.  I've got $250 in the whole thing including the box and sticker.  I paid that for dinner the other night.

• Like 1

Pesman
Yeah gens are a bit daft.  I've got $250 in the whole thing including the box and sticker.  I paid that for dinner the other night.
...and I was worth every penny...x

• Like 2

Abe Fromen

So I got my MoonSwatch what, 6 or 8 weeks ago? I ordered a Nato for it a few days after I ordered the watch from Ali.... 

The Nato arrived yesterday... took so long the battery on the MoonSwatch is dead. LOL

• Like 2

Horace Derwent
4 hours ago, Popperini said:

This is up to the people 's own stupidity.

I would NEVER undestand these 'Playstation 5' rushes....c'mon, it's a fashiom piece...in don't NEED to own that watch right here right now ! :D

And , Kudos to Omega to have created this nice 'buzz' to the Moonswatch release....is the most succesful watch (yes, plastic and quartz watch) i rememver in Years...

I would suggest that most 'hate' is reserved less for the funky plastic watch and more for the method by which Swatch sold the gen...limited stores... as well as the idiots who then bought up the stock and flipped it for silly profits

Dear @Pesman you're right, byut nothing new under the sun....i mean; it's the usual 'rush response' that made me think the entire 'MoonSwatch Release ' was and still is a success.

This 'filipping' method is nothing new (unfortunately)...Playstation 5, iPhone,every product that has 'success' or 'cult status'seems to have that kind of public response.

But again, it's up to the idiots....and to the flippers.

Edited by Horace Derwent

MargaritaVillain
On 30/05/2023 at 22:13, rocky9to5 said:

Pickedup a Mission to Moonshine version.  Sure it's plastic, sure it's a rep of a rep (if you will), but with an orange band it looks fine and is fun.  If I ever break it, it's only $30 down the drain. 

The chronometer works, all the little dials spin but the only one that really matters is the second at 6.

I can't say how it compares to Gen. But they are both plastic...  I doubt from an arm's length anyone could tell the difference.

]3ux0do.jpg

I like your choice of strap. It gives it a bit of class.

NCRich

I had asked the Dhgate seller to inform me if these were updated.  He sent me a message telling me three of them had been significantly improved.   If you compare them to the ones I posted earlier they appear to be far better.   So my nieces are getting a couple of gifts as I have ordered these 3.  Here are the pics:

3N1XPQ.jpg

3N1d0L.jpg

3N1TmS.jpg

• Like 2

Degsy1880

Well had to give it a go, cost me 19.80 after discounts ha .

Well it resembles a watch but that's about it ha 

3f9kx4.jpg

NCRich
4 minutes ago, Degsy1880 said:

Well had to give it a go, cost me 19.80 after discounts ha .

Well it resembles a watch but that's about it ha 

3f9kx4.jpg

The plastic is still on the plexy.

Degsy1880
11 minutes ago, NCRich said:

The plastic is still on the plexy.

Ha ha I know rich seen after I posted pic ha ha ha 

Hasn't made it look any better !

3f9c6Y.jpg

NCRich

They just got much better.  Same price from the seller.  Construction of the strap is closer to gen.  Pluto now has the right dial, right color case and strap.

3fnmVj.jpg

Mercury dial is correct, grey is there and the green lume is gone.  Case and strap are closer to the right color.
3fnik1.jpg

Dial on Venus is way better and the printing on the case is improved.
3fnaOv.jpg

3eHOnD.jpg

• Like 2

Degsy1880
On 10/06/2023 at 11:19, NCRich said:

I had asked the Dhgate seller to inform me if these were updated.  He sent me a message telling me three of them had been significantly improved.   If you compare them to the ones I posted earlier they appear to be far better.   So my nieces are getting a couple of gifts as I have ordered these 3.  Here are the pics:

3N1XPQ.jpg

3N1d0L.jpg

3N1TmS.jpg

What seller you use Rich?

Degsy1880

Are the straps any longer on newer ones, ive not got a big wrist like but !

NCRich
10 minutes ago, Degsy1880 said:

What seller you use Rich?

2 minutes ago, Degsy1880 said:

Are the straps any longer on newer ones, ive not got a big wrist like but !

Strap length is the same unfortunately.  But I believe it is the same as gen. The seller is listed in my initial post on this thread.

Degsy1880

Apologies I read it as another seller, mine from same place, I'll put it on black grey nato see how it looks, any lume on these ha