Sign in to follow this  
bklynboy

Aquanaut GMT

bklynboy

Launched at Basel this year, Aquanaut 5164A, haven't seen anyone do this yet but want one...

5164A.png

waited over a month after joining and a few days after my first reprimand from a mod here to post my first ISO

edit - just noticed this is my post 69, hope it bears fruit!

Edited by bklynboy

greg_r

That's nice. Haven't seen a rep of it either, but would like to....

honeybear
Launched at Basel this year, Aquanaut 5164A, haven't seen anyone do this yet but want one...

5164A.png

waited over a month after joining and a few days after my first reprimand from a mod here to post my first ISO

edit - just noticed this is my post 69, hope it bears fruit!

There's never going to be a functionally equivalent replica of this watch. The push buttons on the left adjust the GMT hand by one hour backward or forward, and there is no cheaply available movement which implements this function.

PGL

I am sure there will be a rep sometime... but those push buttons will just be there for "derocation" and won't work... but they will be there. There are some IWC (I think) that have the same thing and reps and homages have those buttons and they don't work.

honeybear
I am sure there will be a rep sometime... but those push buttons will just be there for "derocation" and won't work... but they will be there. There are some IWC (I think) that have the same thing and reps and homages have those buttons and they don't work.

To me, nonfunctional complications are a deal breaker, more so than replicas which are not a 1:1 visually. This is why I tend to limit myself to simple 2 or 3 hand watches, or ones based on readily available movements like the Seagull ST19, ETA 2824/36, Unitas 6497, or Valjoux 7750.

YoungGPS

It would be nice to see a rep soon.

tesmith2112

Nice watch. I like the GMT hand, not obnoxious like most. GMT function is hardly ever used, so why make it such a noticeable hand?