Sign in to follow this  
powderfreak

I think it was a rep....

powderfreak

Hey folks,

I just retourned from a meeting at the uni. Well, the meeting was quite boring, so I tried to check out the watches of all the project team members and I think I found a rep among them. One of our guys wore a JLC Master Moon, pretty much this watch:

3898092large2.jpg

I am pretty sure he didn't buy it himself, so there are only two possibilities: A gift or a rep... I personally believe it is a rep, since I definetely saw a seconds hand that was attached to the canon pinion. The real deal seems to have the seconds at 6 (the thin hand with the moon is a date (not gmt, as I first believed :)) hand, remember :sarcasticclap:). What do you guys say? Is there a real JLC Master Moon out there with "regular" seconds hand and a moonphase at 6??? I didn't find one...

The colour, printing and the date windows were damn good, I couldn't see any obvious flaws other than the seconds hand. And seeing the sweep of the seconds hand, I bet it has 28.000bph (yeah, hard to tell, but I am quite convinced), which means it is either swiss or asian, but no cheap 21j.

Does a rep of that watch exist and does that rep maybe have the seconds hand in the middle? And am I a genius for being able to discover reps on other people's wrists? Please enlighten me :kinkythegayviking:

Edit: there are two versions, the one with moonphase, and another one without, both have seconds at 6.

moonphase for sale:

moonphase at craiglist

regular one for sale:

regular one at chrono24

Crusader

I don't know anything about JLC watches, but if you spotted that kind of details, then you really are good :kinkythegayviking:

powderfreak
I don't know anything about JLC watches, but if you spotted that kind of details, then you really are good :kinkythegayviking:

...or obsessed and envious :sarcasticclap:

I am currently struggeling through our suppliers websites but I didn't find the rep yet....

houndoggie

it was gen... that was me.

powderfreak
it was gen... that was me.

Prove it! Link(s)? :kinkythegayviking:

houndoggie

I don't see any rep that resembles that without having a tourbillon or "tourbillon"

powderfreak
I don't see any rep that resembles that without having a tourbillon or "tourbillon"

I found this one, but it has no seconds at all...

look here

powderfreak

Well, I found it:

suppose it is a scam-site, but that should be the watch he was wearing:

c7889d84d9934a8f6e4253e45591f396.image.225x300.jpg

this is the site:

scammer?

Edit, Mary just said:

I can assure you there is no exact rep in market, even no similar one in market.

I just saw the one with hour hand and minute hand at center. The second hand is at 6. And the marker is also different. It also have no day and date window.

Hmmmmmm....

SeanusMaximus

Got a bea in your bonnet Powder? :)

Crusader

Maybe the site is not scammer, since your work-friend got it from them? :)

powderfreak
Got a bea in your bonnet Powder? :D

Kind of :)

Maybe the site is not scammer, since your work-friend got it from them? :D

I will check his watch once again (with the gen's specs and dial in mind) and when I am confident enough, I will call him out :P

AustinTech

That watch is ugly.

powderfreak
That watch is ugly not my taste.

:)

mbjoer
Well, I found it:

suppose it is a scam-site, but that should be the watch he was wearing:

c7889d84d9934a8f6e4253e45591f396.image.225x300.jpg

this is the site:

scammer?

Edit, Mary just said:

I can assure you there is no exact rep in market, even no similar one in market.

I just saw the one with hour hand and minute hand at center. The second hand is at 6. And the marker is also different. It also have no day and date window.

Hmmmmmm....

This watch must have been made as a rep at some point even if it does not exist anymore. The picture shows a day/night function which JLC would never have made. And frankly it looks very cheap.

Perhaps Mary just did not look in the extremely cheap bucket?

jameo210369

Maybe it was a gen and you just can't admit it to yourself.

You have this rep thing bad powder, have you thought about help?

chum_2000_uk

My manager has been wearing a fake TT sub to work the past 2 days. Seconds hand is nowhere near a smooth sweep and the hour markers on the dial look weird/ messed up. Funny thing is I'm sure he could afford a Rolex if he wasn't such a tight bastard. I've been trying to think of a way of letting him know that I know he is wearing a fake Rolex :)

powderfreak
Maybe it was a gen and you just can't admit it to yourself.

You have this rep thing bad powder, have you thought about help?

Yeah, jameo, I know, I know... :(

But yes, help is already on it's way: A Hublot Big Bang King from Robert should arrive soon, plus my PO is still at Ska's place. You see, I try to treat myself :wave:

MikeMcNair

pardon me for saying, but fuck the watch, were you fired? was the company going under? what was this meeting about?

oh, and yes, it was a rep. i know cause my GF took me to a gay bar there and i saw the same dude with the same watch. def rep. :)

no homo.

peace.

WatchMe007

Perfect vision until age 45. Now I need reading glasses to enjoy the fine detail of my own watches, let alone those of others.

This thread cracks me up.

The number of people with wallets big enough to own fine gen watches AND eyes good enough to spot flaws...is very small.

I am imagining a bunch of 20-somethings making $50k a year accusing each other of wearing fake $20k watches.

greg_r
Perfect vision until age 45. Now I need reading glasses to enjoy the fine detail of my own watches, let alone those of others.

This thread cracks me up.

The number of people with wallets big enough to own fine gen watches AND eyes good enough to spot flaws...is very small.

I am imagining a bunch of 20-somethings making $50k a year accusing each other of wearing fake $20k watches.

LMAO!!!!!

Absolutely! :)

schmooze
My manager has been wearing a fake TT sub to work the past 2 days. Seconds hand is nowhere near a smooth sweep and the hour markers on the dial look weird/ messed up. Funny thing is I'm sure he could afford a Rolex if he wasn't such a tight bastard. I've been trying to think of a way of letting him know that I know he is wearing a fake Rolex :)

May I suggest you wait until 21st of the month or one of those other dates where the date number is off centre and state "is the date font on your Rolex off centre or is my magnifying glass out of whack"?

1228498-a-businessman-in-a-suit-looks-through-a-magnifying-glass.jpg