mabi

GMT Bezel fell off - ideas ?

mabi

Hi guys, I just bought a cheapy GMT sprite from Narika and the bezel with the inner ring fell right off when I opened the package. It can´t seem to hold on and always falls off. 

See pics, should I just glue this thing on ?

Any ideas ?

3a3KP1.jpg
3a3Hmv.jpg

Philiusmaximus

Personally I'd try and figure out why it's not staying on

NCRich

Contact Narikaa first.  See what Reg says.

mabi

He sent me this link but what ever I try it just pops right back off - would it be a stupid idea to super glue it together if I don’t need to turn the bezel ?

NCRich

You would probably need epoxy. Something is wrong with it and it's either send it back or glue it at that price point.

Philiusmaximus

Bet you fuck it up when you try gluing it on. Either end up with a bezel stuck to your eyelids or residue on the crystal. Either way you will have to post pics for our entertainment

• Like 4

mabi
29 minutes ago, Philiusmaximus said:

Bet you fuck it up when you try gluing it on. Either end up with a bezel stuck to your eyelids or residue on the crystal. Either way you will have to post pics for our entertainment

:fearlessleader: tell me about it...

Redfire1066

Sorry to hear this.  You expected your watch to be fully functioning out of the box. 

• Like 1

GenTLe

The difficult part is to keep in place the ring with the 3 small protuberance visible on the 2nd picture on the watch head, around the crystal. It must be around (and not over) the part with "teeth" at the bottom of the crystal, over the case. If it's over the teeth it will never fit...

mabi
46 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

The difficult part is to keep in place the ring with the 3 small protuberance visible on the 2nd picture on the watch head, around the crystal. It must be around (and not over) the part with "teeth" at the bottom of the crystal, over the case. If it's over the teeth it will never fit...

The ring with tree teeth goes into the bezel right and then onto the watch ?

no matter how I try this always pops back off the watch ://

GenTLe
On 28/02/2023 at 22:01, mabi said:

The ring with tree teeth goes into the bezel right and then onto the watch ?

Nope: it goes onto the watch head and on top you fit the bezel.

This is the whole thing unassembled:

:anmNv.jpg

This is the situation you should have:

anqK1.jpg

The "3 pin clock ring" should lay over the  "bezel tension ring" (if it's there), and fit around the teeth of the "crystal retaining ring". And THEN you put the bezel on top, not the other way around

These teeth:

aOwdR.jpg

So NOT this way (= not the "3 pin clock ring" on the bezel and then trying to fit the whole thing on the watch head):

IMG-9753.jpg

Also check that the nylon ring that keeps the bezel in place is there on the bezel and not deformed, this white one you see here:

aNGRb.jpg

• Like 3

mabi
1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

Nope: it goes onto the watch head and on top you fit the bezel.

This is the whole thing unassembled:

:anmNv.jpg

This is the situation you should have:

anqK1.jpg

The "3 pin clock ring" should lay over the  "bezel tension ring" (if it's there), and fit around the teeth of the "crystal retaining ring". And THEN you put the bezel on top, not the other way around

These teeth:

aOwdR.jpg

So NOT this way (= not the "3 pin clock ring" on the bezel and then trying to fit the whole thing on the watch head):

IMG-9753.jpg

Also check that the nylon ring that keeps the bezel in place is there on the bezel and not deformed, this white one you see here:

aNGRb.jpg

That nylon ring is all fu%$#% up inside my bezel, that might be it ?

Can this be fixed ?

Redfire1066

If it is the Bezel Gasket/Hytrel Ring I seen some for sale on https://www.esslinger.com/generic-rolex-watch-bezel-gasket/

If you are looking at attempting to replace it …… Worth checking that the Rep is the same specifications as the Gen.  I  remember reading somewhere a few years ago that they are different specs between them for fit…….. although,  again this might have changed in last few years.  Personally, I would be asking to return that watch as I don’t think that is unreasonable. 

mabi

Actually just check the bezel again - there is no ring in the bezel - should it be nylon ring inside the bezel ?

3aG212.jpg
3aGA4E.jpg
3aGLgn.jpg

GenTLe

Looking at your last pics: in your case it's not the hytrel gasket, but the angled spring, the one that keeps the bezel in place (it's either one or the other), this one:

s-l400.jpg

Anyway, it would be good to ask to the seller for help...

Personally I'd carefully remove the ceramic insert from the bezel (with a thin blade inserted between it and the bezel, in the place where there is the mentioned spring, carefully and in multiple place until the insert starts detaching), then clean the bezel and the insert from glue residue, then put the bezel back without the insert on top, so that you see better what you're doing, and finally when all is in place, put back the insert, centered, with one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/203804692449

NCRich

You could use some double sided tape to put the insert back on if you don’t want to order that. Honestly that’s a pretty simple fix now that we can see it. 

mabi
On 02/03/2023 at 12:59, GenTLe said:

Looking at your last pics: in your case it's not the hytrel gasket, but the angled spring, the one that keeps the bezel in place (it's either one or the other), this one:

s-l400.jpg

Anyway, it would be good to ask to the seller for help...

Personally I'd carefully remove the ceramic insert from the bezel (with a thin blade inserted between it and the bezel, in the place where there is the mentioned spring, carefully and in multiple place until the insert starts detaching), then clean the bezel and the insert from glue residue, then put the bezel back without the insert on top, so that you see better what you're doing, and finally when all is in place, put back the insert, centered, with one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/203804692449

So because of that angled steely thing there should be none other nylon or other material gasket or ring inside of the bezel ?

mabi

Anyone know where this: should go - on top or bottom on the bezel ?

3inkQ1.jpg

tribefan

This is why it's a good idea to take pics along the way........ The answer is above.

3it5On.jpg
3itUk3.jpg

Mystery Shopper

Reg will talk you through it & take it back for repair if needed. But if it is a simple fix locally, it is best to go that way rather than posting watches around the globe.

GenTLe
On 03/03/2023 at 22:02, mabi said:

Anyone know where this: should go - on top or bottom on the bezel ?

Looking a similar one, it should be into a bezel recess, not just between the bezel and insert (otherwise long term it will pop the insert off):

b16.jpg

Sidfanta

did you get this bezel to stay on

mabi
50 minutes ago, Sidfanta said:

did you get this bezel to stay on

No returned the watch to reg and waiting for new one

Sidfanta

Well if you get a new watch and all running spot on you can’t ask for more than that post some pics when it comes 

• Like 1