Whoops wrong thread hehe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Redfire1066

3mXTPP.jpg

• Like 6

Del
On 06/03/2023 at 09:34, Redfire1066 said:

3mqvWP.jpg

Have you been camping out at the Swatch shop in Buchanan Galleries?! How many is that you have now? :lol: 

I’ve just recently managed to bag a Jupiter, but it was a mission to get get this!

3mdHBn.jpg

• Like 7

Eikos

3mdKR3.jpg

• Like 10

Redfire1066
3 minutes ago, Del said:

Have you been camping out at the Swatch shop in Buchanan Galleries?! How many is that you have now? :lol: 

I’ve just recently managed to bag a Jupiter, but it was a mission to get get this!

@Del  . ..  I have seven so far  . ...   I have been in all five UK stores that would stock them. . ..  Glasgow has been the only success story for purchase.  I have had a few lucky duplicate purchases for the specific requests from the neices & nephews   . .. .. I could have had more   . ..   but given the rarity I leave them for customers who desire them.  So, instore customer service tells me the routine for the stock to stores is (and that other than a selling outlet) they; SWATCH, have nothing to do with these watches except sell them in the stores :Thinking: ..  .  they are imported from Switzerland to London, then they await customs clearence, then they sit at Headquarters Omega (Not Swatch) awaiting decisions of which store gets which selection and the numbers then dispatch to the five UK Swatch Stores.  Now given that these watches were released on 26th March 2022 .... Yep just under a year ago  ... and they are still absurdly difficult to buy from stores. . ... in addition they have increased prices twice and are now up to £228 a watch from the intial £206.  A statement below from Omega . ..  well they are not delivering .. .

PLANETS" WITH THE BIOCERAMIC MOONSWATCH COLLECTION

Due to overwhelming demand from Swatch fans all over the globe, there is currently not enough stock of the Bioceramic MoonSwatch Collection. We’re working around the clock behind the scenes to make the 11 unique watches and are replenishing our selected Swatch stores regularly with this special collaborative collection between Swatch and OMEGA. While these are definitely special, they aren’t part of a limited edition, so you should indeed be able to get your hands on one.

See you in store soon

#MoonSwatch

#OmegaXSwatch

• Like 1

Del

@Redfire1066 It is incredible how difficult it is to get one of these relatively cheap, plastic watches! I was in Dubai recently and tried the Swatch store in Dubai Mall, unsuccessfully. They told me they get a delivery of around 50 watches every other day and that people queue up from 6:30am for the shop opening at 8:30am and they all get sold within a hour or two. Needless to say, I didn’t queue there!

Back in Glasgow, I decided to pop into Swatch one day (midweek) while in town and they had a Sun, Venus, Uranus or Mars but I didn’t fancy any of those models (although I did buy a Mars for a certain RWG Moderator….. @Chiquita Fanjita :D ). By this point I had a bit of an urge to get one, just because I like a challenge! I was looking for a Mercury or Moon (the two most popular models I’ve since been told by Swatch) but later also added Jupiter as a target model. One of my sons is at Uni so was able to walk past the shop every day or so, sometimes more than once, and there was always a queue outside of up to 30 people! :facepalm:  On top of that, I was calling the shop regularly to try to find out when they got stock delivered. They get one guaranteed delivery each week (never on a Sunday) and sometimes one extra delivery but they don’t know which day or when it will arrive until it’s “literally in the shopping centre”, apparently. This makes queuing a probable waste of time and you basically need to get lucky by turning up at the right time.

On Friday last week I was in town for other reasons and decided to try Swatch one more time (I knew they’d had a delivery on Wednesday but thought it was worth checking anyway). As I approached the shop I could see a queue of maybe 25 people but I walked straight into the shop and asked if they had any Moonswatches, to which the guy said “yes”! He then listed what he had which was everything (I think) except Mercury, Moon and Earth - I was rather taken aback as I expected him to say they had none (because of the queue). However, they had just received a delivery but he said it wasn’t his place to tell the people queuing that they had stock - in fact, he said “if they don’t come in to ask then that’s their problem “! :rofl:  So, I asked to see a Jupiter, bought it, and walked out the shop feeling rather pleased with myself! :D 

• Like 3

Redfire1066

@Del  . . . I had similair experience to yourself in Glasgow many times with the queing . . . . .    I was offered Jupiter last week but declined as I have it already  .. . (it is out on loan) ...  mercury & neptune are top of my list.  If I have another chance of popular models of Omega X Swatch Watch I will take that oppurtunity and buy  . . .. .  to sell at cost price M2M here for members who are not close to a Swatch X Store.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Chiquita Fanjita
54 minutes ago, Del said:

Back in Glasgow, I decided to pop into Swatch one day (midweek) while in town and they had a Sun, Venus, Uranus or Mars but I didn’t fancy any of those models (although I did buy a Mars for a certain RWG Moderator….. @Chiquita Fanjita :D ). By this point I had a bit of an urge to get one, just because I like a challenge!

Thanks again for that mate, and setting you up for the challenge to get one for yourself :lol: 

40 minutes ago, Redfire1066 said:

@Del  . . . I had similair experience to yourself in Glasgow many times with the queing . . . . .    I was offered Jupiter last week but declined as I have it already  .. . (it is out on loan) ...  mercury & neptune are top of my list.  If I have another chance of popular models of Omega X Swatch Watch I will take that oppurtunity and buy  . . .. .  to sell at cost price M2M here for members who are not close to a Swatch X Store.  :thumbsup:

I really want the Pluto, so if you already have one and get offered another, please think of your favourite RWG mod :lol: 

• Like 3

Redfire1066

many thanks to @splke for this one… 3muE6W.jpg

• Like 8

OLDBLOKE74

3mFpCX.jpg

• Like 9

RussP

52538368032_76e2571dff_b.jpg

• Like 8

mellons

B0-F5-CFA4-F602-48-E6-A593-27279-FC4-E9-