chr0nos

Decent blue submariner rep

chr0nos

Looking for one where there's no way to tell it's a rep without disassembly. Which supplier is most reputable and what's a reasonable price range to get it?

I'm also looking for a durable full grain leather strap to go along with it as I hate metal bands. Any suggestions on this too?

Edited by chr0nos

Mary Watch

search the VS 116619lb on forum.  

CocoLemon

VSF or CLEAN BLUESY,

Besides that Search Button and Google can help you mate

FudgyDocker
15 hours ago, chr0nos said:

I'm also looking for a durable full grain leather strap to go along with it as I hate metal bands. Any suggestions on this too?

Hit up @TanGo for this. Strap TD here on the forum...

• Like 1

Rokerite
15 hours ago, Mary Watch said:

search the VS 116619lb on forum.  

3iDkxj.jpg

This is what Mary is talking about. She is a Trusted Dealer (TD) and can get you one. PM her, or look her up in the TD section of the forum to contact her.

• Like 1

WagonWillie

Thanks for the suggestion to use Mary; looks like a great place to start.

chr0nos
On 03/03/2023 at 00:11, CocoLemon said:

VSF or CLEAN BLUESY,

Besides that Search Button and Google can help you mate

forgive my noob question please as I have never bought a rep so far. 

I searched around and understand these are the factories - However, there is no direct link and I only have links to the TDs. Does it mean I can go to any TD and request for a rep from these factories? Otherwise where can I find those direct links to purchase?

Devil
33 minutes ago, chr0nos said:

I searched around and understand these are the factories - However, there is no direct link and I only have links to the TDs. Does it mean I can go to any TD and request for a rep from these factories? Otherwise where can I find those direct links to purchase?

Yes, TD's are like middlemen for the factories, they get the watch and ship it to you, like someone else mentioned Mary would be a good TD to start - although she doesn't have a website if you e-mail her with what you want she'll be able to get it for you (unless there's a problems with factorys or it's a rare piece but if you just want a sub should be fine)

Mystery Shopper

Have a look at the new members section (link in my signature) & that will tell you about our trusted dealers, way to pay, what to expect etc.

Mary will look after you if you want to email her and ask about options for a blue sub.

CocoLemon
47 minutes ago, chr0nos said:

No worries mate, everybody starts being like that.

There's 2 ways for you to do it. 

1. You can contact the TD's directly of the specific watch you like.

2. You can check their websites and order from their directly.

I suggest do #1. The links on their website are on their dedicated spaces here in the forums. Once you've found what you like (there's a lot of pics and their sites) then contact them directly and start doing business with them.

Hoping that I was able to answer you mate 

chr0nos

just another question - do these AAA reps have these too? 

https://www.oysterinfo.de/en/authenticity/#:~:text=From 2002 onward%2C Rolex introduced,seen with the naked eye.

Also, If I spend say $500-$800 on a rep, does it have similar lifespan as the real deal - i.e. definitely no servicing required for first 5 years, and lube required only from 8ᵗʰ year onwards? 

For servicing, do you guys send back to your TD or your local watch shop? I'm afraid there aren't any local skilled technicians that know how to repair reps.

Edited by chr0nos

Devil
25 minutes ago, chr0nos said:

just another question - do these AAA reps have these too? 

https://www.oysterinfo.de/en/authenticity/#:~:text=From 2002 onward%2C Rolex introduced,seen with the naked eye.

Also, If I spend say $500-$800 on a rep, does it have similar lifespan as the real deal - i.e. definitely no servicing required for first 5 years, and lube required only from 8ᵗʰ year onwards? 

For servicing, do you guys send back to your TD or your local watch shop? I'm afraid there aren't any local skilled technicians that know how to repair reps.

Not sure about "AAA" quality because it's just a marketing gymic, you get those on dhgate and they can be shitters... but VSF/CLEAN/ARF/NOOB etc have that on the subs

Depends on the watch honestly, I've had some reps for close to 5 years when I first got into the hobby without being serviced that haven't had any problems. Yet they just get better each year with new movements/upgrades - some people get their watch serviced as soon as they get it if it's a rep... but I would avoid sending it back to China at all costs. There's rep friendly watchsmiths on the forum too, not sure where you're from but you will find one.

Edited by Devil

chr0nos
22 minutes ago, Devil said:

Not sure about "AAA" quality because it's just a marketing gymic, you get those on dhgate and they can be shitters... but VSF/CLEAN/ARF/NOOB etc have that on the subs

Depends on the watch honestly, I've had some reps for close to 5 years when I first got into the hobby without being serviced that haven't had any problems. Yet they just get better each year with new movements/upgrades - some people get their watch serviced as soon as they get it if it's a rep... but I would avoid sending it back to China at all costs. There's rep friendly watchsmiths on the forum too, not sure where you're from but you will find one.

Thanks! I just found another model that I like more than the blue submariner.. should I still go to Mary for this model? - Yacht Master 12665 Rose Gold 

and what's the difference between a mid-tier rep with 2835 movement vs the top tier $500++?

Edited by chr0nos

trailboss99
1 hour ago, chr0nos said:

what's the difference between a mid-tier rep with 2835 movement vs the top tier $500++?

Mate you need to do some reading in the Rolex section, there are plenty of reviews in there that explain the differences.

When you said "blue sub" my first question would have been "which one?" because there are at least four very distinctly different blue subs from both the five and six-digit families. 

You also need to remember the gen of the one above is a 40,000 dollar white gold watch and the YM is worth around the same so if you need something believable you need to be in a position where you could conceivably blow that much on a watch. That means if you are going to wear it at work (for example) you need to be in a 150k-a-year job whereas a "normal" sub (especially a 5-digit) is something that almost anyone with a full-time job who really wants one could conceivably have saved up for and bought. 

• Like 1

chr0nos
3 hours ago, trailboss99 said:

Mate you need to do some reading in the Rolex section, there are plenty of reviews in there that explain the differences.

When you said "blue sub" my first question would have been "which one?" because there are at least four very distinctly different blue subs from both the five and six-digit families. 

You also need to remember the gen of the one above is a 40,000 dollar white gold watch and the YM is worth around the same so if you need something believable you need to be in a position where you could conceivably blow that much on a watch. That means if you are going to wear it at work (for example) you need to be in a 150k-a-year job whereas a "normal" sub (especially a 5-digit) is something that almost anyone with a full-time job who really wants one could conceivably have saved up for and bought. 

Hihi, 

When you say "Rolex section", do you mean on this forum? I could not find subforums for Rolex in RWG :/ 

I just bought a $100 rep 226659 with Mingzhu 4813 movement from GDF as a way to dip my toes into the world of reps, and would like to see more detailed comparisons against clean, EW, VSF to know what are the "extras" i am paying for. Cheers.

Mystery Shopper

Link to Rolex section here

FudgyDocker
On 02/03/2023 at 01:00, chr0nos said:

Looking for one where there's no way to tell it's a rep without disassembly. Which supplier is most reputable and what's a reasonable price range to get it?

Just to put this in perspective, you have to realise that 98% of people don't give a monkey's about what watch you're wearing, which leaves 2%.

Of the 2% left that actually care, 95% of those wouldn't know a fake from a real one in any guise, DHGate shitter or top-tier replica.

That leaves 5% of 2% (0.001%) of people that you're trying to convince that it's genuine and probably only 1% (0.00001%) of those would know how to tell a top-tier rep from a shitter.

You see where this is going, right?

NCRich
1 hour ago, CupidStunt said:

Just to put this in perspective, you have to realise that 98% of people don't give a monkey's about what watch you're wearing, which leaves 2%.

Of the 2% left that actually care, 95% of those wouldn't know a fake from a real one in any guise, DHGate shitter or top-tier replica.

That leaves 5% of 2% (0.001%) of people that you're trying to convince that it's genuine and probably only 1% (0.00001%) of those would know how to tell a top-tier rep from a shitter.

Not really.  Where?

FudgyDocker
1 hour ago, NCRich said:

Not really.  Where?

The vast majority of people don't care. Buy what you want, cos it really doesn't matter to anyone but you,

• Like 2

Mr_B
40 minutes ago, CupidStunt said:

The vast majority of people don't care. Buy what you want, cos it really doesn't matter to anyone but you,

What about my rep of a one of a kind daydate that was worn by Idi Amin? I am just a small company owner….  Will I get called out for it being a rep? :bugeyes:

• Like 1

trailboss99
On 05/03/2023 at 21:15, CupidStunt said:

^^^^THIS^^^^

Even a basic Noobmariner will be indistinguishable from the gen by 99.9% of people even side by side. Without a reference piece, make that 99.95% or more. 
Realise that once it is in their hands the one you have chosen will fool no one who actually has handled the gen because it will be way too light, the gen is white gold. 
Anyway, it's a Submariner so everyone will assume it's a fake even if its a gen so it hardly matters. 

• Like 2