trailboss99

These are not $900 dollars any more and never should have been.

trailboss99

An incredibly talented and very humble man indeed. 

• Like 3

WatchGeek5711

Just another reason to buy reps imo. You get so much more fun and quality for 500 bucks.

I just dont get the same joy out of microbrands etc. i often times look at watches from microbrands & really like them then i order them and they are just not what i wanted in the end.

all these luminox, seikos and other brands never scratched the itch.

Just my opinion.

then again im a sucker for watches in general & not even my datejust seems to fill that hole for me lately.. guess iam just weird.

3ma6PI.jpg

Edited by WatchGeek5711
  • Like 6

GenTLe
6 hours ago, trailboss99 said:

An incredibly talented and very humble man indeed. 

Now they are out for 14/16k. Quite a jump...

• Like 1

Aramis2288

I just dont get the same joy out of microbrands etc. i often times look at watches from microbrands & really like them
3ma6PI.jpg

Very fair point. I feel the same way about most of the microbrands and even about custom Seiko builds I have done as a side project. I like them but they certainly don't scratch the itch nearly as much as reps.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Redfire1066
1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

. . .. .  ....  he could have continued to sell his watches at a fair & reasonable $900  here on RWG had he been a member   .. . .. .   . . alas, it seems it did not take long before it just came to making money.  . ..  . ..         .. .     in the end  . . .   it's all about the money, money, money

WatchGeek5711

Felipe makes good looking watches, the Sternhimmel is a cool looking piece. The finish however imo is not worth the 10k+ bucks.

Ofc one is in the need to make a living Out of it and i think hes doing aight.

900$ to 10k+ is indeed a big jump. If he went the route of Tudor'esk prices perhaps it woulda been better.

1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

from the videos ive seen on his watches the "hand finished" part looks a bit rough and "unfinished?".

not trying to hate on his watches they look cool but i dont see the price justification to go above 2-3k. 

• Like 1

jcagara08

Amazing effort yes Trailboss!

but where can we buy his stuff? is it still about to launch?

Is there a possibility that he just ordered or contracted a company in china to do a custom Unitas Movement design and case assembly ala your usual Microbrand  practice nowadays? sorry for being a skeptic!

Edited by jcagara08

Piccolo

I’ve got number 4 and number 13 of all watches he’s ever produced.  It’s a fun claim to fame to have commissioned his first skeleton movement plate..! He’s a really nice, humble friendly guy, and very talented. Everything he does movement wise is hand finished, cutting, engraving, polishing etc. and Everything can be customised on request.  They were definitely too cheap to begin with, but he seems to be getting recognition from big watch players recently. Both WF and The Dink have had features on him that I’ve seen.  Interesting to see where he goes from here.  Think the new moonphase starts around £25k…

• Like 2

Piccolo

3oPK8i.jpg

3oPzFc.jpg

3oPHAX.jpg

• Like 1

Piccolo
On 06/03/2023 at 10:10, WatchGeek5711 said:

Felipe makes good looking watches, the Sternhimmel is a cool looking piece. The finish however imo is not worth the 10k+ bucks.

Ofc one is in the need to make a living Out of it and i think hes doing aight.

900$ to 10k+ is indeed a big jump. If he went the route of Tudor'esk prices perhaps it woulda been better.

from the videos ive seen on his watches the "hand finished" part looks a bit rough and "unfinished?".

not trying to hate on his watches they look cool but i dont see the price justification to go above 2-3k. 

It’s a weird one with hand finishing, look at the price of early FP Journe stuff now. Pretty basic finishing and minimum 6 figures at auction. Crazy watch world.