Theonewatches

Appreciate the damage of GEN suffers when it is copied (Tudor Black Bay GMT M79470, A comprehensive comparison of gen and ZF)

Theonewatches

Hello, I'm Steve, I'm back, I've done a lot of GEN and replica Rolex models comparisons, it's time to check Rolex's little brother Tudor, LOL!

ZF recently just released a new Black Bay GMT M79470, so let's take a look and see what ZF has done with this new product,

by the way, you can also get a closer look at the authentic Tudor workmanship details, after all, it is Rolex's little brother, I think it should not be bad.

Enough crap now, and if I don't start again you'll think I'm an old lady, haha.

Front view of the dial

e4bab5d9.jpg

6c01fb99.jpg

In terms of color, there is no second pure black in the world, so there is no need to worry about color difference on the black dial. As we can see,

there is a small crack on 6 marker in the gen since it has been scratched when ZF replicas the model for the marker. But this is enough to see that the ZF factory is doing a true 1 to 1 replica,

even a small accessory need to be disassembled to replicate, so as to do the closest.

Bezel side view
cc63d68a.jpg

8dd9bfc3.jpg

Gen bezel is made of frosted steel, the surface frosting treatment of ZF bezel is still very good, very delicate, the edge of the transition to the side of the rounded smooth processing is also very good.

Crystal side view
7494a793.jpg

327e2d17.jpg
The chamfered level of the crystal side and the GEN are also very similar, and the height remains the same.

Bezel number view
787769c0.jpg

9a136667.jpg

dbe338ef.jpg

e7221392.jpg

ab9a4374.jpg

fc159a9f.jpg

ad499741.jpg

2aebbc23.jpg

a87c9293.jpg

c0b781b7.jpg

36571f73.jpg

618dcac7.jpg

The shape of the ZF inked numerals is well controlled and consistent with the GEN, but the slightest shortcoming is that some of the numerals are a little off the outer edge,

but the good thing is that it is hard to notice with the naked eye. In addition, because the GEN is worn and used,

the inked numbers on the bezel are stained with oil and dust, so it looks shinier and the surface of the numbers look untidy, while the ZF looks more comfortable.

Side view of the markers
6cf3ea3b.jpg

f5fa50cd.jpg

e746311d.jpg

The ZF maker is made of Super-Luminova luminescent coating to make a whole stick marker, and there is no difference between the shape and size of the GEN scale.

In addition, you can see that the triangular scale and the bar scale of GEN have a white edge at the bottom edge, which is not perfectly recovered by ZF factory after using GEN scale.

Lume filled view
2e856d97.jpg

f85619fe.jpg
The lume fill of the GEN hands is very granular, while the ZF lume fill is lacking and is slightly raised in places.

The GEN markings are where the grain filling on the surface has been scratched out. It is very easy to damage such delicate accessories by using authentic 1 :1 replicas.

You can zoom in on the second photo to see that the surface of the ZF circular marker has the same texture as the gen. It is very crystalline and

View of the oil-printed font on the dial
e8bd2547.jpg

ef906268.jpg

3f160cdf.jpg

328f4fe7.jpg
The font shape of ZF dial is also very good, and the color of the yellow font is almost colorless compared to GEN.

Hands Central axle view
67219eeb.jpg

c2ef7450.jpg

abfe5c0a.jpg

Due to the different construction of the movement, the center pin of the ZF hand is slightly higher than gen.and the hand stack is incorrect (ICHS)

But on the other hand the black sandblasting is very neatly finished. the sandblasted parts of the gen are already leaking fluid. I don't think it was originally intended to be this condition.

It should have been damaged in the process of previous replication. After all, it's a $4,500 Swiss watch, so there's no way such poor detailing could have occurred.

Date wheel veiw
4b5fc15b.jpg

1e0db5a4.jpg
The shape of the date wheel is very well made by ZF, with the same beveled slope as the gen. And the date wheel is also Full-bodied and three-dimensional.

However, the seconds marker at 3 o'clock is a little short.

In addition, you can obviously see that the ZF calendar digital position is a little down, this is just a little problem in the assembly of this calendar wheel we used for the shooting caused by,

I also check our recent QC photos, to confirm that this is just an example, you do not need to care, as long as the QC check clearly on the line.

Side view of the crown
f2cc3b9b.jpg

27f86ba5.jpg

8bde3f82.jpg
ZF has done a great job on the edges of the crown teeth, which are as rounded as the gen. And the engraving of classic Tudor plum logo is also stereoscopic clarity.

Side view of the case
409265dc.jpg

29a8a314.jpg

There is nothing wrong with the ZF case shape either. And the curvature of the case and the lugs are also the same as the gen.

Back case view
041c2192.jpg

54564594.jpg
The back case teeth are also very well finished by ZF. However, the length of the bevel on the side of the back case is slightly longer compared to the gen.

The good thing is that the distance to the naked eye is actually quite noticeable.

Engraved view of the case back and lugs
fc5e4b0d.jpg

a5b1c97d.jpg

84551bbe.jpg

8650a9bd.jpg
The engraving on the case back is very close to the gen in terms of depth and coordination.

The numbered engravings on the lugs are particularly good, as they are difficult to distinguish even when magnified to macro.

Strap detail view
cf1c9d43.jpg

1021bd18.jpg

c239c7ed.jpg

7a54f0e8.jpg

55fdc210.jpg

4e0b44ba.jpg
The overall fit of the ZF strap is excellent, with relatively small gaps.

The clasp polishing is also very well finished.

The adjustment length is up to 8 mm and the feel of the adjustment is smooth, just like the gen quick-adjustment mechanism.

Factory engraving on the inside claims to use the same stamping process as the gen. There are differences in the actual carving marks, but in terms of depth and shape, they are very well done.

Lume view
a3b7eb41.jpg
The lume color of ZF is the same as the gen and there is no difference.

Movement view
a6649e23.jpg

f3d64de9.jpg
The movement of gen is Tudor's own MT5652, and the ZF applies the Asia 2836 movement. ZF one does not have a brass plate or engraving to imitate a gen movement.

The balance wheel is also in the opposite position to that of the gen. But for models with a solid case back, this doesn't matter too much. After all, no one would be bored enough to open the back of your watch. What do you think about it?

Comparative view of data
597d79b3.jpg

2a823c40.jpg

9543eba7.jpg

180beaf8.jpg
Note: All watches are measured in a clamped state, and there may be errors due to the slight deviation of the position of the caliper. In addition, GEN intercepts the strap, and the factory has a steel strap protective film that has not been torn off.

The ZF is identical to the gen, except for the weight, which is slightly lighter than gen.

Well, that's it for today's post. On the whole, this new Tudor from ZF is a very well made and high quality replica watch. There are still a few things that are not perfect,

but we can't ask for too much more than that. After all, this model is only made in the ZF factory at the moment. We don't have to be too hard on ourselves. When there is no choice, it is actually the best choice.

On a side note, the market for this non-popular model is relatively small in itself. Regardless of how well it's actually being done,

it is already giving us a few more options that a large factory is doing it. At least we won't be confined to a few popular models when it comes to choose replica watches.

Finally, thanks to the guys for watching. Please correct me if there are any mistakes. If there is anything else that I have overlooked, please feel free to ask and I will add as much as I can to it.

Illustration: Some photos deviate from the real object due to the light source. For details, please refer to the content. The size of the comparison picture is relatively large, you can download it and enlarge it for comparison.

There is no perfect replica, only the one you prefer.

Thanks.

Steve.

Telegram: https://t.me/theonewatchesnews
WhatsApp: + 86 17081934955
Email: [email protected]
Wechat: The5711

• Like 8

justasgood

This is a well executed replica and I would wear it proudly.

BadPickle

Great post as usual :thumbsup2:

Redfire1066

Marvelous comparison ....  and I appreciated the detailed information  .. . :thumbsup2:

urbanfishcake

Great post. Convinced me to buy one of these. Photos to follow shortly.

Michel78

Great post, i think the gen bezel number ungraving isn't really nice,  i find a rep more clean on that point

granturismo

Nice comparison. Waiting for the mine... 

elconquistador

It would have been hilarious if ZF copied it exactly except for fixing the only thing wrong with the gen an made it thinner.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Michel78
On 02/05/2023 at 10:09, elconquistador said:

It would have been hilarious if ZF copied it exactly except for fixing the only thing wrong with the gen an made it thinner.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

lol agree with you, i don't get it why Tudor doesnt make effort to bring slimmer wacthes, 200m wateproof does not required such big case

TA8088

Digging this model Tudor. Reminds me of a the 1655 which I've always loved. 

keepittidy
On 27/04/2023 at 09:57, Michel78 said:

Great post, i think the gen bezel number ungraving isn't really nice,  i find a rep more clean on that point

I agree, as i was scrolling through the images i was convinced they were labelled the wrong way round. :)

crashuid

I had one for a couple of weeks. It's crazy quality. I sold it as it was a bit taller for my small wrist. Loved the micro adjustment on the strap.