Theviking

Superocean on eBay? Rep or no?

Theviking

Link

Water damaged? Is it gen?

OLDBLOKE74

It’s gen.
I think that the repair”estimate” is very generic- I doubt that the watchmaker has seen the inside of of the watch yet. If it needs new parts then the quote says  replacement of worn parts not damaged ones so I really don’t know if the movement will be saveable. It could be all an easy fix but water damage is hard to asses. I have bought from that shop and I am sure that the watchmaker can do the job - although in Hatton Garden I prefer Tic Toc Man - they may even send it to him anyway. https://tictocman.com/
If you are a tinkerer and you like doing stuff yourself it may be ok because I think that the watch has an ETA 284-2 based movement but I am not an expert. It’s not cheap at that price but if it is your ‘must have’ watch then you can pick these up for about £2k but it will be 8 years old or so - service history is a factor. 
There  is a nice example on steel on Chrono24 just now - I am sure the seller would haggle. 
hope this helps 

tonyh7

Don’t eBay insist on an independent verification of authenticity for sales of watches over a couple of thousand pounds?

Philiusmaximus

The bezel is certainly gen. As is the dial. Despite some epic reps out there the gen bezel and dial still haven't been replicated 1:1 on this model.