GenTLe

Watches and Wonders 2023, which are your favorites?

GenTLe

For me these 2:

IWC-Ingenieur-2023-Aqua-2.jpg?v=16800179Rolex-Perpetual-1908-White-Gold-52509.jp

I doubt the 2nd will come out (in rep form) anytime soon, but the IWC... I'll be on it as soon as a good rep will come out.

Yours?

• Like 2

Horace Derwent

@GenTLe : i agree on the IWC , a bit less on the Rollie...first Rolex with a open caseback, but honestly is a bit 'meh' in my opinion.

Good but not GREAT,.

As for my favourites, Cartier presented the Prive collection

CAR_CRWGTA0108_CCS_01_01_TC_2398655.webp

GenTLe
10 hours ago, Horace Derwent said:

@GenTLe : i agree on the IWC , a bit less on the Rollie...first Rolex with a open caseback, but honestly is a bit 'meh' in my opinion.

Good but not GREAT,.

As for my favourites, Cartier presented the Prive collection

CAR_CRWGTA0108_CCS_01_01_TC_2398655.webp

I particularly like the small seconds and balance of the dial, I'm into "vintage watches with modern size and features" ;)

Nice  Cartier too, probably too small for me, and that pointy crown makes me thing about the top of my hand ;)

Horace Derwent
16 hours ago, GenTLe said:

I particularly like the small seconds and balance of the dial, I'm into "vintage watches with modern size and features" ;)

Nice  Cartier too, probably too small for me, and that pointy crown makes me thing about the top of my hand ;)

I agree on the crown, it is iconic anyway !

Chanel presented the new J12 Hyper Cybernetic , look at this !

05-Chanel-J12-Eclipse-Box-Set.jpg

04-Chanel-J12-Eclipse-Box-Set.jpg

Edited by Horace Derwent

GenTLe

That J12 looks pretty ugly... 

If ever, one of these Moser (but it's not my taste too):

La Cote des Montres : La montre H. Moser & Cie Endeavour Centre Seconds  Genesis - H. Moser & Cie – pionnier de l'expérience client immersive ultime

tribefan
2 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

That J12 looks pretty ugly... 

If ever, one of these Moser (but it's not my taste too):

Yikes, that is a young mans watch. Ain't no one with bifocal eyes that can read that.

Philiusmaximus

Credit to Chanel for trying something different. Unlike Borex.

My pick is the Ingenieur. Lovely 

tribefan

I'd pay $40K for this before I bought an overpriced Rolex. Problem is I'd never wear it, not something you would flash around Sam's Club.

Cartier-Santos-Dumont-Skeleton-Micro-Rot

Oris has absolutely nailed lemon lime jello:

01+400+7778+7157-Set_ig_feed_1080x1080px

Really liked the 40MM RG YM at the AD. 62K for the Patek? It's pretty sweet looking.

SIX_B3B95502-E271-4336-97CF-2F729ED2CF28

This is lovely, just not 22K lovely. Chopard is trying to position themselves as a low end AP / Patek. Yeah, whatever. Reminds me of shopping at Neiman Marcus on the Magnificent Mile. It was a fucking miserable experience. I recall a few 20 something 'models', some displaced Manhattanite plastic prima donna's with their small coven of teenage offspring, a couple of gay guys dressed meticulously in all black, both hands full of bags, oh, and the automatic weaponed armed guard at the Coach booth right next to the exits. The Chopard booth was the only one I was interested in. The eastern european doll working the counter on her nails couldn't be bothered with us. I guess she wasn't digging that south Cleveland vibe.

We wondered past Marshalls a couple of hours later and went in. Placed was a packed zoo, half hour lines at all the registers, at least a dozen of them. Makes you wonder.298623-3001_Alpine+Eagle+41+XPS+(5).jpg+

I'll wear a chinese Louis Bolle or a Seiko or a Tudor yet somehow Bvgari and Hublot are beneath me. At $8K I'll take this over a $32K AP. If you are going to do Octo, this is how to do it.

12.png?ixlib=rails-1.1.0&fm=jpg&q=55&aut

Picless mentions:

I'd buy a titanium YM, if you know, you could actually buy a Rolex.

Worst of the bunch by 3 furlongs in a 5 furlong race is the Tiffany M&M Rolex. WTF? I guess making more of stuff that people actually want to buy instead of stuff you want people to buy because it says Rolex is a bad business model.

The GS Titanium Ushio is a winner, but expensive at half the cost.

Here's my winner. $42K is never gonna happen, but this is a unique timepiece:

hd.jpeg

• Like 1

tribefan

And a few more:

For the Shrek wristed crowd, nothing like a sweet Radiomir, if they shrunk this down exactly like it is to 42MM they'd sell piles of them:

6.png?ixlib=rails-1.1.0&fm=jpg&q=55&auto

Gotta have a JLC. Don't like the busy skeletonized stuff, no worries, flip it over.

JLC-Reverso-Tribute-Chronograph-1.jpg?ix

This one I'll need to actually try on to see if I like it. I will say tho, I prefer the 39MM BB of all the Tudor sizes. 40 and 41MM are just fine, 42MM GMT starts to push the limit. 37MM could work. Really wanted to see a blue 39MM pelagos from these guys.

L1030473.jpg?ixlib=rails-1.1.0&fm=jpg&q=

• Like 1

FudgyDocker
On 31/03/2023 at 11:38, Horace Derwent said:

Chanel presented the new J12 Hyper Cybernetic , look at this !

05-Chanel-J12-Eclipse-Box-Set.jpg

3 hours ago, GenTLe said:

La Cote des Montres : La montre H. Moser & Cie Endeavour Centre Seconds  Genesis - H. Moser & Cie – pionnier de l'expérience client immersive ultime

Minecraft watches :rofl:

• Like 1

deju

@GenTLe the QR code watch is cool!

• Like 1