Sign in to follow this  
lexidium

miyota 9015

lexidium

I have a cartier santos with a miyota 9015 movement.
It was dropped and I think it's damaged the escapement.

Any way, I thought I'd buy another 9015 from cousins and have a go at swapping it:  They advertise a 9015 3h, s  and a 9015 6h, s>

What's the difference and how to tell which one is in my Santos?

FudgyDocker

The difference seems to be something to do with the date rings?

3H = White date ring
6H = Black Date ring

(I think)

NCRich
42 minutes ago, CupidStunt said:

The difference seems to be something to do with the date rings?

3H = White date ring
6H = Black Date ring

(I think)

date at 3, date at 6.  Plus the color.

FudgyDocker
59 minutes ago, NCRich said:

date at 3, date at 6.  Plus the color.

Strange. Cousins list both as date at 3. But looking at the orientation of the digits on the datewheel, I would concur that date at 6.

3BHUL1.md.jpg

Rx4Time

Since he's swapping a movement out couldn't he just use the existing date wheel so he has the correct font? If so then it doesn't really matter which one he purchases.   I admit I'm not overly familiar with the miyota movements, but I assume the situation would be the same as for the ETA movements .

lexidium

There's no date on the santos so I assume the cheaper one (they are different prices)  will do.

lexidium

Finally got the movement from cousins and thought I'd have a go myself so I watch all the youtube vids and thought   'oh well, that looks easy enough.'  Oh dear!

I removed the calendar retaining plate and immediately ended up with tiny gears and a tiny spring and didn't have a clue where they went.
After hours of searching, I finally found a large pic of what it was supposed to look like and get it all back.  I was lucky not to lose anything.

Handling all the tiny screws and everything is a skill that watchmakers make  look easy and I take my hat off to them.

Any way, after a couple of days, I managed to get it all sorted and the Santos is running great.

The moral of the story is:  Make sure you know what you've got to do before you start out or it can be an expensive lesson.

• Like 2