Sign in to follow this  
populous

[Solved] A3135 oscilating weight repair

populous

Took a bite off the hype and got myself a watch with 3135 clone movement. Now that I have it I'm 100% sure I should have gone with the 2836 instead (which is essentially the same thing). There is no 3135 as you may well know. It's just a 2836 that looks funny.

The thing is: it's been extremely reliable (-1 sec a day or even less sometimes) but it was noisy and yesterday it stopped recharging from kinetic energy. I opened it up and to my surprice the oscilating weight thing just fell out. Took a closer peek and the thing that was supposed to hold it is just glued there. With the regular 2836 bolt under. It's nasty.

Before I do anything stupid: Does anyone know how to set it back? There is no screw or anything holding it in place. I could try "popping" it back but I think it'll require pretty much force (if even possible).

Thanks

Fred

P.S. Paid a little too much for it. But it was before I knew what to look for. It'll work nicely until I get the real thing - I guess I just got lucky with this one. Except the above part it is a great watch :) D.S.

/edit added picture

Photo3.jpg

1. This top little "pin" is just a flat thing glued over a normal screw sitting on ball bearings. It has the exact size as the hole on the oscilating weight so it does nothing other than to conceal what's under.

Other: Yes the red colour is just circular stickers as well. It wont fool anyone who takes a closer look.

/edit 2 changed title to [solved]

For now anyway. I pushed it back on with force and it seems to stick out of friction as you say. It made som noise initially but once the case was back on it's silent as usual. I made sure the rotor wasn't touching anything. Oh it might be my imagination but it runs a little fast now it seems. +0.5 sec in about 6 hours, then it went back again and settled and been running "like a clock" for the past three hours. Odd but it is an asian clone after all.

/edit 3

Here are more pictures if someone wants a reference:

Photo2.jpgPhoto1.jpg

Thanks for the help everyone!

Fred

Edited by populous

KeNnY

A3135 looks well nice, how they engrave things but this is the problem :) An picture would help greatly,.. well the only thing that you have to do is to disassemble it and put it again ;)

populous

Hmm. I did an experiment and popped the thing in there as hard as I could and it seemed to sit there. Put the case on and no sound. I hope I didn't break anything. I'm the kind of guy who wouldn't leave the ferrari in the garage though so I would probably have done it to a real rolex too :q5:

But still? Does anyone know the "real" way to do it? How much force, what parts could get damaged from pushing on the things etc?

Member X

It looks like the rotor should be a friction-fit on the teeth, so I think you've probably fixed it by pressing it back on ;)

You'll just have to keep an eye on it in the future!

KeNnY

ahh the rotor ! I though that the balance wheel was the problem ! ;) do the same like Member x said.

populous

Hmm. Dropped the watch on the floor and the rotor popped out again. Not surprised really but not very happy either. Could I just glue it back on so it sticks for a couple of years or so until next service?

Seems it's running +8-10 sec a day now as well so I guess pushing it back in has done something to the mechanism.

Thanks

Fred

/edit

Ok why I get all the juicy info AFTER I got something is a mystery to me but anyway: The rotor falling off of this pieces seems to be a common problem. I guess I'll go to a pro and get it fixed. Other that this it's works really well.

Edited by populous

Member X

lol

The movements guide on here (link in my signature) does say the A3135 isn't that great ;):wub: bu you've got it now and it should be good once you've fixed it! :bcake:

MikeMcNair

i press these on with the top of my CHAPSTICK tube (the rounded/flat cap end) and it works wonders since you can apply a good ammt of force, and its plastic so it wont harm the movement or rotor. just a little trick of mine hat works very well.

in fact, on feb 5th or so i did this to my 2836 in my DSSD and its been on there since, and i swim with it, operate contracting equiptment, hammer, etc with it, and not a single issue :lol:

Luthier

Another noob fails for 3135, as a result of not reading tons of posts here to avoid this mov't like a plaque.

Sorry, bro, you had to read for a month, then place the order.