Sign in to follow this  
brooksy1

Where to sell a gen Tag?

brooksy1

Just wondering if anyone had experience in selling a Gen watch, ideally prob wouldnt sell it on Ebay. Paid $2000 for my Tag Carrera few years ago, and they are still the same price now. Any ideas what id get for it roughly?

Thanks in advance for the help

IMG_0703.jpg

offshore

You are probably correct in that ebay will get you the best return. As long as there are a few punters for one of those.

What's it worth?

As much as the highest bidder finally pays!

Bid it yourself if its under $1k and anything north of $1500 is a bonus IMO.

If you really want to get a low down on its value, check a few old ebay sales, also ask some questions on the gen Tag forum/s.

You will probably get some wildly conflicting numbers, but one thing is assured $1k is a bottom line.....if its on offer for less than that, I'll have it, and turn it around in a month for a profit,

Offshore

chum_2000_uk

Avoid eBay like the plague imo, unless you like being bummed by them and PayPal. I'd personally sell it on forums.

flottiglia

Since your'e in the UK i would take it to the watch fair in Birmingham on the 24th July at the National Motorcycle museum.

Theres a hundred plus dealers there,you can hawk it round and see who will give you the best deal,plus you'll get cash.That way no PP fees,no worries about posting it or scammers either.

SeanusMaximus
Since your'e in the UK i would take it to the watch fair in Birmingham on the 24th July at the National Motorcycle museum.

Theres a hundred plus dealers there,you can hawk it round and see who will give you the best deal,plus you'll get cash.That way no PP fees,no worries about posting it or scammers either.

Im off to that :o day after my birthday haha! :D

pamelo

ebay plus paypal will take about 12%, but you have a huge audience. plus assurance of immediate payment through paypal.

bklynboy

I sold a gen TAG on WUS aerlier this year, no fees except paypal, although a far less expensive 2000 model

Agree Ebay completed sales best place to gauge current value

brooksy1

Thanks guys, will check some past Ebay sales and a few forums.

mrboombasteke

I believe these retail for 3 grand plus, but like all Tags, their value depreciates quite dramatically. You'd even be lucky to get what you paid for it 2 years ago! From what I recall, the day/date versions tend to sell for more. I think you can expect any where from approx 1200-1600USD for it.