FudgyDocker

And so I found a Unicorn....

FudgyDocker

Perusing the internet looking for a particular watch, I stumbled across this and couldn't believe what I was reading. I think these stopped production in 2014. It was listed as an ex-display model on a US website. Still had its original caseback sticker, and looked to all intents and purposes like a brand-new watch. Added to that, it was listed with a pre-owned price tag. So I asked one of our American stalwarts if they would be willing to purchase it for me and ship it over, which they did agree to do. Being a thrifty American they also found a code and got me an additional 5% off the listed price, making it even more of a bargain.

The shipment. Well, what can I say? I've never had a more stressful shipment in my life, including watches from China. USPS & Royal Mail made this a nightmare. It took 4 days to go across a couple of states, finally departing from Miami International. Hit Heathrow on 8th May. Then nothing. The tracking stopped. For 10 days. Heard nothing. No updates on USPS or RM. Others will know that not having tracking updates over a period like that, all kinds of things go through your head. "Has it gone missing?" "Has someone had it away?" etc, etc. Then, on 18th May, there was an update (bearing in mind that by now I'm checking the tracking 4-5 times a day) on Royal Mail tracking. "Item is being returned to sender". Imagine my shock and horror!! "You've not even contacted anyone, or made any attempt to deliver it, you useless cunts!!", I thought. Then, yesterday, the tracking said it was at Gatwick Mail Centre. "Right", I thought. That's 3 miles away. Jumped in the car and  drove at well over the speed limit to the mail centre at Gatwick and asked if they had it. They also checked the tracking, and between me reading the tracking and driving to the mail centre it had bizarrely turned up at my local delivery office, marked as "Customs Fee to Pay". So, I phone the DO, and they told me they had it. Fast forward to this morning and I went to the DO when it opened at 8:00am, paid the piddly customs fee for the grossly under-declared value, and this is the result. 

Well chuffed with this. It's absolutely frigging mint. Never seen one in this good condition. Here are the pics...

34Q1gn.md.jpg

34QY12.jpg

34Qy4E.jpg

34Qmep.jpg

34Qot5.jpg

34B07J.jpg

34BSro.jpg

• Like 5

als86

That’s a stunner! Looks great :thumbsup:

Wires

Great pickup 

Horace Derwent

Wonderful !!

EBEL makes these fantastic Steel Wave bracelets, love the design !

Edited by Horace Derwent

FudgyDocker

I even had to peel bits of plastic off the bracelet still. Was basically a NOS watch!

tribefan

That is sweet. Rumor has it that thing almost never left the States. :Whistle:

• Like 1