Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Getat Watch Co. comes through!

JohnG

Quick review and pics of a couple of watches I bought from a site I saw discussed a while back on RG. The company is called "Getat Watch Co., China based dealer of sterile Pam watches, "Marina Militare", cases, movements, dials, hands, etc... They also have some "Parnis" (a Chinese maker of homages) Pilot and U-Boat homages. I bought a "Citz" Oris homage and a sterile Pam Radiomir homage. Site url is siswatch727.com/index.do

The transation was fast and easy and the watches are beautiful. I highly recommend this seller.

Received email Friday that package was shipping (I think I ordered Weds or Thurs). Arrived today. Well packaged, lots of bubble wrap, each watch in a simple black box with a black cushion.

1. Oris Homage - 44mm. Beautifully finished, VERY heavy, quartz chrono. Lume on hands decent, but on markers almost non-existent. Appears to have some AR - blue tint to crystal under direct light.

Price was $85.

Imagen085.jpg

Imagen045.jpg

Imagen048.jpg

Imagen052.jpg

Imagen064.jpg

Imagen074.jpg

Imagen060.jpg

2. PVD Radiomir homage. Beautiful! Nice satin PVD finish (crown is slightly glossy though, not same finish as case). Black sandwich dial, black numerals, lume on hands ONLY. Lume in nice when recently charged, but fades rapidly. I will do the hands at some point, worthwhile given the effect of the lumed hands on a blacked out sandwhich dial.

Strap is nubuck leather, nice, but somewhat small. I have a 7 3/4" wrist, must put strap in last hole (so no "tail"). Color (charcoal) compliments watch very nicely. Solid caseback, Asian 6497 movement, no markings anywhere on watch - totally sterile. Very nice piece - never thought I would buy a Radiomir, just didn't like the look of them that much, but this one is gorgeous and truly unique.

Price also $85. Shipping for both items via EMS to Spain was $33 I believe. It is less to U.S. and Canada.

Imagen079.jpg

Imagen077.jpg

Imagen081.jpg

Imagen083.jpg

Imagen084.jpg

houndoggie

Cool! Both are great pieces at those prices.

Question... After payment, did you get a tracking number??? I haven't received any tracking info since they accepted my payment a few days ago... but I understand that because one of my watches is a custom build it may take longer.

JohnG
Cool! Both are great pieces at those prices.

Question... After payment, did you get a tracking number??? I haven't received any tracking info since they accepted my payment a few days ago... but I understand that because one of my watches is a custom build it may take longer.

I got an email with tracking number - they emailed me to say watch had shipped on Friday (I think I made payment a day or two before). But last night EMS still didn't have tracking info! :lol: I thought I was in for a wait..... who knew!

repfish

Love the Oris, great price too. might have to have me a look

JohnG
Love the Oris, great price too. might have to have me a look

Thing damn near weighs what my Super Avenger does - REALLY heavy! I like heavy! Of course, the SA was over three hundred bucks....

repfish

The strap on the Oris looks like its a polished up bike chain from an old Harley D. love it. chunky is the only way to go.....

JohnG
The strap on the Oris looks like its a polished up bike chain from an old Harley D. love it. chunky is the only way to go.....

The bracelet is HEAVY too - solid links, very chunky.jpg

repfish

you got me there.... I have had a few glasses of chateau de plonk...........bracelet then, my bag.

alphakazi

good looking watches there John

they have this "Panris" Uboat Homage for $100

b_1240785117140003063.jpg

b_1240785117156003065.jpg

Movement: Asian Unitas 6497 hand-wound mechanical with swan's neck regulator, 17 jewels, Power reserve 48 hours.

Functions: hours, minutes, small seconds.

Case: diameter 50 mm, AISI 316L steel with special hard black coating, Big screw-down crown guard.

Thickness: 16mm

Diall: black sandwich layered dial with white Arabic numerals and hour markers. Small seconds at 3 o'clock.

Hands: white hands

Back: see-through.

Front: special scratch proof mineral glass with AR coating.

Water resistance:50 metres.

Strap: 23/23mm black leather strap with normal buckle.

Watch Box: Standard

I wonder how the build quality compares with regular reps - same shit?

So few know about Uboat - even less will know that this is not one

Luthier

Jst loooove this strap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KinCaidk

That Radiomir looks stunning!! I am getting me one of those very soon!!

Would be fun to relume the dial also, with a "black" lume of some sort.

greg_r

They both look fantastic for the dough, John - hard to believe how cheap they are. Congrats! I really am gonna hafta spend a little money there before long

trailboss99

Very nice! The Oris ain't realy my style, a bit thick but still a nice piece. The Pam is lubly, love the dial and the strap looks like it's nearly worth the price on it's own.

Great little review as well. Thanks for doing it.

Col.

JohnG
They both look fantastic for the dough, John - hard to believe how cheap they are. Congrats! I really am gonna hafta spend a little money there before long

I know, I am still amazed...

@Kazi, the build quality seems like the high end reps. I can definitely say the quality on the Zitc homage is at LEAST what the quality was on my SSD. They don't feel cheap AT ALL.

I really think because the business is legit they can sell cheaper - they won't have customs seizures or other types of risk associated with an illegal business.

JohnG

So I sent links to all my review/pic threads to Getatwatch - maybe I will get a kickback! :lol: no shit - I hope to get some sort of suction with them, I am sending them customers!

JohnG

So in response to this thread I got this pm at RepGeek (from a member who has been there since 2007!!!):

Hi mate were did you order that Oris from is it a real copy of a rep why does it not say Oris on it Web address please if you don`t mind.

:D

Not even going to reply. Fucking dumbshit.

greg_r
So in response to this thread I got this pm at RepGeek (from a member who has been there since 2007!!!):

Hi mate were did you order that Oris from is it a real copy of a rep why does it not say Oris on it Web address please if you don`t mind.

"Is it a real copy of a rep?"

:P:rofl::D:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

KinCaidk

Pay attention soldier!

JohnG

I also got a reply from Getatwatch. I had sent them links to my reveiw threads, thought I could get some suction with them for having pimped their site.... dunno, does it look like I am going to get special treatment?:

Hello,

Thanks so much.

We have new strap that all 100% handmade & hand stitching.

These can be come with all watches. If the watches details page without these new strap option, just leave a request. We will change to you.

That is a very great strap and no extra fee for watch. We know that if buy a handmade strap alone. It is quite expensive in other shop.

Regards,

Getat Watch CO.

:P

greg_r

hehe - they say something about doing that on their web site. Good service whatever the reason. I'll definitely be buying from them at some point before too long.

chriszammett

That Parnis watch is awesome. Might persuade me away from another panerai next!

AustinTech

Nice reviews and finds.

Man, I can't believe how cheap those watches are. The CHinese must make a ton of money off of those $300-$500 "super" reps.

houndoggie
Nice reviews and finds.

Man, I can't believe how cheap those watches are. The CHinese must make a ton of money off of those $300-$500 "super" reps.

yes... big money for the factories...

Anyway, I just got my tracking number for my 2 GW watches. They leave HK soon. EMS shipping hopefully will get them here by next week.

JohnG

Yeah, I can't believe still how much money they are charging just for putting "Panerai" on the dial....

I really think I am going to go almost all homage now, with a couple of reps (my SA and maybe an Ingy). Fuck reps, I buy them for the look, not the name, from now on its HOMAGES FOR ME BABY!!!!

KinCaidk

I must say that homage watches are starting to be very tempting.

the radiomir is still fucking awesome!