Sign in to follow this  
sugaray

Daytona

Dendo
I noticed on marys site she has a daytona with a ETA 3824-2 movement. Could someone fill me in on how reliable this is and also is it seconds at 6..9...or what?

http://www.watch-international.com/index.p...5d35936d7bec569

2824 great movement reliable workhorse

prestigewatchco

No such watch with working chrono 2824 does not support chrono. Only 7750 available with working chrono

sugaray

How do the subdials work with this type of movement?

dingle
How do the subdials work with this type of movement?

they don't. It must be a typo

prestigewatchco

2824 Swiss ETA must be Chinese for 7750 Asian

This is the old time bomb 7750 seconds at 6 movement in this if it's a working chrono

If you are going to buy a Daytona get the latest with the extra jeweled gears and have it serviced before you use it . Todate this is proving very reliable

sugaray

I love the new daytona model with white dial in SS. But im afraid I will put it in my watch bix and a onth later I wouldnt be able to start it up.

sugaray

Prestigewatchco,

Could you post some links of your ss white dial daytona, the newer model?

sugaray

Prestigewatchco,

Could you post some links of your ss white dial daytona, the newer model?

rober100
If you are going to buy a Daytona get the latest with the extra jeweled gears and have it serviced before you use it . Todate this is proving very reliable

Regarding the pre-service, is it possible to have the extra-gears removed? Then seconds could be back at 9 subdial and the 6 subdial could be left with no function.

NFleischer

That looks like a sec @ 9 version to me.

prestigewatchco

Regarding the pre-service, is it possible to have the extra-gears removed? Then seconds could be back at 9 subdial and the 6 subdial could be left with no function.

No because the drive for the 9 seconds is removed there are 11 gears involved in this . If the sub dial at 6 is frozen then there will be no running seconds. If it were that easy you could just used an unmodified 7750 but sub dial spacing is not right for seconds at 6 dial.

You can always get the seconds at 9 Daytona and be done with it but there is no viable compromise