Sign in to follow this  
Theonewatches

Chopard Happy Diamond (36MM mechanical) GEN and YF Comprehensive Comparison

Theonewatches

Hello everyone, this is Steve and I'm back.

This time we bring you a comprehensive comparison of women's models. Although male friends are the majority of this forum members, there must be a certain number of female friends.

We can't only focus on the comparison of male models, take care of you female friends and bring more comparisons of female models would be necessary.

This is not only convenient for beauties to choose, but also allows guys to have more references and selections when choosing watches for their wife or female friends.

Well, the customary opening remarks should be over, let's get into the topic and started.

Front Dial View
5c051487.jpg

8a95d4cf.jpg

Natural Light View
48c49c85.jpg

c55e3feb.jpg

View Under Light
0e2856f8.jpg
For the overall appearance, YF is doing very well. The gold-plated color of the case is well controlled, and the color difference is already very small, but there is a slight difference in the center of the dial.

The spiral pattern of GEN is a silvery texture which is more clear and three-dimensional, while YF feels a little obvious, their spiral pattern lacks three-dimensionality and the color is white.

Bezel Side View
e477ce6c.jpg

7f6652a7.jpg
The front width and side width of the bezel are basically same as GEN. If you have to pick out a thorn, it is that the gap between the bezel and the case of YF is slightly larger, no need to care about this too much as it might related with watch batches.

Crystal Side View
630a1740.jpg

de5930b9.jpg
Same as GEN, the crystal edge of YF is chamfered obvious, the slight disadvantage is that the crystal transparency of YF is little worse through the side-by-side comparison of the real watches.

Markers View
0d6177f3.jpg

b028c330.jpg

c3f5a03d.jpg

2b5c72be.jpg

c141b8ad.jpg
There is no problem with the shape and size of Roman stick, the edges and sharp corners are chamferred sufficiently. However, except for ''I'', the letter spacing inside of YF stick are not well controlled, they are slightly oversized.

Spiral Pattern View in Central Zone
b3f0f81b.jpg

2db7c8dd.jpg

As mentioned in the beginning, the spiral pattern of YF lacks three-dimensional, from this detailed comparison picture, we can easily find the main cause is that the surface of spiral pattern is too smooth which makes it not obvious enough visually.

Mimeograph Font View
198b6b6f.jpg

9d5758ac.jpg

09ce2ef1.jpg

34181aa9.jpg

9682cd3b.jpg

f94ac310.jpg
The difference in mimeograph is obvious. GEN is more regular and three-dimensional overall. In such a high-definition view, YF is a bit sloppy, but this is not a big problem.

The main reason is that the swiss made font at 6 o’clock is obviously smaller than GEN.

Hands and Middle Axis View
253e3328.jpg

310d9e42.jpg

72cb7a5a.jpg
Compared with GEN, the leaking part of YF middle axis is handled rougher. The welding marks are obvious, this is also a routine operation.

After all, except for several popular models of top factories with delicate handling, most factories have same operations like YF in this part.

Diamond Close-up View
ce7ffd03.jpg

fb6cc434.jpg
Whether you look at it from a distance or close-up, the difference in the brightness of the diamond is still very obvious. After all, YF is made of zircon, and GEN use real diamond, no need to care too much of this part.

YF mainly has two problems, one is that the cylinder carrying the diamond is too short, and the other is that the height of the internal diamond inlaid bit low.

Calendar Window View
c8b0c549.jpg

72fb0d2d.jpg
No need to worry too much about the slight difference in window section width, at least YF had done the hierarchical processing of sections as GEN.

YF is a bit stingy for the calendar font, The date 18th of GEN is just like a strong 18-year-old boy, the font is very thick, YF seems to be stunted and too thin.

Crown Side View
b7bdbe64.jpg

041042f3.jpg

1902383b.jpg
The shape of the crown is exactly the same as GEN, including the diamond-shaped polishing on the outer edge. However, the color of the sapphire is slightly darker.

Case Side View
2f5e6ca4.jpg

71dc3654.jpg

059b596c.jpg

1976556a.jpg
We can see from the first two pictures that the crystal of YF has fish-eye bubble lines, which is also the reason that the crystal is not so transparent like GEN.

For the overall shape of case side, there is no big problem. If you look closely, you can still find that the curvature of the lugs is a bit different.

We can notice the lugs of YF is a bit fatter by combining the close-up pictures of the lugs.

Mainly because the upper edge is a bit higher, and the section of the lower edge is narrower, then the lugs looks a little different from GEN.

Caseback View
c8505d2d.jpg

d1d57d82.jpg

7413efd8.jpg
The lettering on the edge of caseback is quite clear, but the precious metal scales and the dog head logo are a bit sloppy. No more comments about the specific differences, you friends could find it by checking the pictures.

Strap Details View
d6334681.jpg

13b4260d.jpg

ee09e623.jpg

810b7208.jpg

ee9d2af0.jpg
The embossed lettering of the strap is processed very deeply, the inner color is slightly darker, and the side width is relatively thick.

Movement View
b90d6489.jpg

044fb872.jpg
The similarity of the movement on the back is very high. After all, GEN uses the ETA2892 movement, and YF adopts the corresponding Asian 2892 movement.

In addition, the lettering on the automatic rotor is also very clear and regular, but there are some letters missing on the edge splint. On the whole, it's still a very good replica.

Data Comparison View
8a34a6b4.jpg

664c4740.jpg

7c49f079.jpg

49a50634.jpg

a1b981fb.jpg
Note: All measurements are in a clamped state, and there may be tolerance due to slight deviations in the position of the caliper.

Above are all the details of this comparison. In the last, I would like to say a few words. Although the YF Happy Diamond is not good enough in some details, the overall similarity with GEN is relatively high. For female models,

We can’t ask too much for the details, not to mention that this model has only been made by YF all the time, so it is already very good that this model can have such a level. It is not excellent, but I think it is at least meet the standard. What do you think?

Well, this is today’s post, thank you guys for watching, if there are any mistakes, please correct me. If there is anything else I overlooked, you can put it up, and I will try my best to do it complementary and comprehensive, welcome to comment and exchange.

I will continue to bring you more detailed comparisons between replicas and GEN, which is for you guys to better choose your favorite replicas.

(Note: Some photos deviate from the real object due to the angle of the light. The details are mainly written in text. The size of the comparison picture is relatively large. You can download it and enlarge it for comparison.)

Thanks

Steve.

WhatsApp: + 86 17081934955

Email: [email protected]

Edited by Theonewatches
  • Like 1

Horace Derwent

Thank you @Theonewatchesfor discussing and dealing exhaustively with a Watch ( and a Brand ) that is gloruous but it is rarely talked about !!!    :)

We can’t ask too much for the details, not to mention that this model has only been made by YF all the time, so it is already very good that this model can have such a level. It is not excellent, but I think it is at least meet the standard. What do you think?

I think it definitely DO meet the strandards, i'ts a 7.5 or even 8 out of 10 Rep for me .

Moreover, this Rep is only made by YF Factory so....i'ts no NWBIG but really, really good Rep nonetheless !

:thumbsup:

Edited by Horace Derwent