judas9r

Billionaire dive watches, free to collector

judas9r

Hypothetically speaking. If you were a billionaire going on a daydrip to see the Titanic, what watch would you purchase for the trip. Naturally you'd need something that's going to withstand the pressure at 12500 ft and you want something pretty exclusive too.

Furthermore, assuming that somewhere there is a dive watch that can withstand the pressure at nearly 4km deep? Would it cope with the sudden change of pressure if you forgot to properly seal your diving bell (Are they still ticking away on the ocean floor?) and most importantly is it available from a TD?

• Like 4

Mr_B

:rofl:

• Like 1

Abe Fromen

I would hasten a bet they were either wearing Rolex SD4Ks and or Rolex SD Deepsea. I can't think of anything else rated to that depth or beyond. 

I would think this would be the ultimate in real world pressure and shock proof testing. Their hosts would have been instantaneously vapourized into biomatter for the fish... but imo their wrist candy should have survived assuming they could withstand the high temperatures associated with a high pressure implosion. 

• Like 1

judas9r

Magnet fishing anyone?

• Like 1

Alan32

:blink:Omega Ultradeep

3JheAv.jpeg

Unfortunately even this would not survive the implosion followed by the 6000 degree explosion which followed

Mystery Shopper

Yeah, they reckon the 'body parts' recovered might have been a metal tooth filling or replacement hip joint.

There won't be an open casket.

tonyh7

The whole thing is grim.  The deep ocean is an incredibly hostile environment. Even as a recreational diver when you get down to 30 metres or so it is a dark cold scary place, with little margin for error. You need the highest standards of safety. The idea of going to 4000 metres makes me shudder. And they certainly didn’t have the highest standards of safety.