olympusdaytona8

Jaeger LeCoultre Master Control Geographic - Pocket Watch Conversion

olympusdaytona8

3Jq3wp.jpeg
3Jq2Ct.jpeg
3JqhiF.jpeg
3JqHc5.jpeg

I have had this JLC since 2015 but since the watch looked massive on my tiny wrists, it sat in a box and very seldom saw the light of day. After recently getting into pocket watches, I realized that the dial perfectly fit behind the crystal of a "dollar pocket watch!"

I decided to cut the lugs off of the mid-case, set the time, cram everything into the pocket watch case, and glue the crown in place for decoration.

The movement must be removed to set the time or to be manually wound, but considering that I actually quite like this dial but couldn't wear it on my wrist, it is an absolute thrill to be able to wear it as a fantasy pocket watch around my neck!

I wish there were pocket watch reps on the market but I suppose there's no one around that actually wants that sort of thing so it is what it is...

APjumbo

That is pretty creative. I had to re read it twice to realize you actually jammed the whole mid case in there.

Probably worth buying a cheap watch winder for it.

Nice looking dial!

Michel78

Good job, it's a beautiful pocket watch, look way better this way

olympusdaytona8

3Jxmo1.jpeg
3Jxagv.jpeg
3JxWMK.jpeg
3JxU18.jpeg
3JxoTj.jpeg
3Jxq04.jpeg
3JxO5I.jpeg

I figured out the vertical space needed to fit the movement into a slimmer case so I removed the winder's counter weight and shaved the wrist watch mid-case down to fit at the height needed.

I then cut and hand filed slots for the crowns at 10:00 and 3:00 giving access to all functions besides the date feature. It can still be accessed from under the case-back so it isn't the end of the world! I might tackle that at a later date if I ever buy the right tool