Philiusmaximus

Royal Mail in turmoil

Philiusmaximus

I was a bit of a royal mail fanboy having had minimal issues. And when I have had issues the customer service has been decent.

However, recently I've had a staib bracelet go missing and special delivery parcels not being redirected when requested. Coupled with the fact staff shortages are keeping my delivery office closed leaves me thinking I'm looking for an alternative courier within UK.

Their telephone based customer service is now atrocious. Rude obnoxious staff cutting you off after 40 minute wait times 

Anyone else having any bother?

Rokerite

They now automatically try to deliver your parcel again the next day even if you tell them you won't be in and they are wasting their time doing so. I live a couple of hundred yards away from a delivery office and used to pick my parcel up next day after they have tried to deliver whilst I am at work with the "We have something for you" card. Now my parcel goes back out on the van again for a ride out. If it ain't broke don't fix it 

Philiusmaximus
37 minutes ago, Rokerite said:

They now automatically try to deliver your parcel again the next day even if you tell them you won't be in and they are wasting their time doing so. I live a couple of hundred yards away from a delivery office and used to pick my parcel up next day after they have tried to deliver whilst I am at work with the "We have something for you" card. Now my parcel goes back out on the van again for a ride out. If it ain't broke don't fix it 

Aye that's what I've had but they've ignored my redirection request and computer won't let me arrange another one because of the first one I put in.

Make Hermes look good 

deju

Still the best of a bad bunch tbh. 

I know it's not a glowing monicur but it is true 

Rokerite
1 hour ago, Philiusmaximus said:

Aye that's what I've had but they've ignored my redirection request and computer won't let me arrange another one because of the first one I put in.

Make Hermes look good 

Worse than Herpes ?  Now you are just being silly. Royal Mail are  miles better than Herpes. Herpes have cornered the market in shitness.  :D

Edited by Rokerite

Devil

My favourite is DPD, literally tells you how many delivery's until it's at your door and shows you their van in real time on a map.

• Like 1

Philiusmaximus

I must admit I have followed the DPD van before our of utter terror a gen watch was going to get delivered incorrectly. 

And I can confirm the there is a four minute delay in their map location to where they really are......

:Hmmmph:

• Like 1

Duzza

Royal Mail were great pre covid and strikes. You could set your (new) watch by my postie. We now seem to get 2 or 3 deliveries a day and it’s a shambles. DPD definitely the pick here.