Bsoj

Mare Nostrum Pam 716

Bsoj

Hi!

New to this forum. I have a quite big collection mostly containing Luminors, but also have Radiomir and Submersible. And I also have a genuine Ennebi. So you you can say that I am really hooked by Panerai

Now I am searching for a Mare Nostrum. I can find Pam 300, but I think 52mm is a little to big, even with my 18 inch wrists. It would be great if anyone knew if there is a model but a couple of mm smaller. Or if anyone know if anyone does Pam 716? I have not seen that anywhere

The closest I have seen is maybe Steinhart officer or Maranez Talay. Really like the Talay but it would be even better if it was an Chronograph....

So I really like the "two" versions of Mare nostrum. The old one 52mm with smooth bezel, but max 47mm. Or the newer pam 716 version

Anyone that has came across any of these and know how to buy?

Br

Bosse

GenTLe

Nope, never seen a rep of this around.

The problem is in the movement here. This one uses an ETA 2894, which is a modular chrono based on 2892A2 with a Dubois Depraz module on top (you can notice it by the running second at 3 and the different height of crown and chrono pushers which are sit higher). There is no clone movement for this and the ones that use modified 7750 (that originally comes with running second at 9) either are not that reliable or are way thicker than this one.

HjScun.jpeg

A bit of a sin actually, because in 42mm this is a very nice piece:

https://watchesbysjx.com/2017/06/hands-on-with-the-panerai-mare-nostrum-pam-716-the-reasonably-priced-remake-of-a-remake.html

HjStRP.jpeg

Bsoj

Thanks for great info

Then it is no wonder it is hard to find

Maybe I just settle for Maranez Talay for now, even though it is not a replica, more a homage of a Pam 300

But I think it looks good, and hold my thumbs that a good version of pam 716 will some day be a reality

//Bosse

BadApple
6 hours ago, Bsoj said:

Hi!

New to this forum. I have a quite big collection mostly containing Luminors, but also have Radiomir and Submersible. And I also have a genuine Ennebi. So you you can say that I am really hooked by Panerai

Now I am searching for a Mare Nostrum. I can find Pam 300, but I think 52mm is a little to big, even with my 18 inch wrists. It would be great if anyone knew if there is a model but a couple of mm smaller. Or if anyone know if anyone does Pam 716? I have not seen that anywhere

The closest I have seen is maybe Steinhart officer or Maranez Talay. Really like the Talay but it would be even better if it was an Chronograph....

So I really like the "two" versions of Mare nostrum. The old one 52mm with smooth bezel, but max 47mm. Or the newer pam 716 version

Anyone that has came across any of these and know how to buy?

Br

Bosse

There is a Guy who is a member on here and also on other forums that makes them - I have one of his 6152's  - his name is @Kp0y

These are his Mare nostrums he has done recently - the bezelled one is small the the others are 50mm + 

Hj0oaK.md.jpeg
Hj0iJ8.md.jpeg

He currently has one for sale but it's very high end with an antique movement....

Hj0qlv.md.jpeg

For contacting him visit  http://homage-forum.com/index.php

You will need to join to see all sales pages and links.

Cheers

BA 

PS - My 6152-1 he did...

Hj0kY3.md.jpeg

Hj0dzn.md.jpeg

• Like 1

fatarms

There's one for sale over at Homage-Forum right now with an Angelus movement.  Looks like it's going for $1500 for the head only.  Not sure what your price range is.

Bsoj

Thanks for all great answers! Really appreciated

Looks like he does really nice work! Really good looking Panerai you have bought Bad Apple!

I have tried to set up an account for the homageforum now, but there is something wrong. So I habe e-mailed a question regarding this 

1,5k is maybe a little much, but I am still intriged. Thank you for all help!

//Bosse

FudgyDocker
7 hours ago, Bsoj said:

even with my 18 inch wrists.

An 18" wrist size is impressive. Are you a gorilla, or similar?

Best of luck with your search!

Bsoj

Haha, typo

I meant 8 inch wrists

18 would be really funny looking

BadApple
1 hour ago, Bsoj said:

Looks like he does really nice work! Really good looking Panerai you have bought Bad Apple!

I have tried to set up an account for the homageforum now, but there is something wrong. So I habe e-mailed a question regarding this 

//Bosse

Drop @Kp0y a PM on here - you can ask him for a link to his photo's 

• Like 1

Philiusmaximus
1 hour ago, Bsoj said:

//Bosse

Yeah I'm unable to join as well. Despite putting in correct log in it just keeps saying it's wrong. And yes I've activated the account via email link.

Bsoj

I received answer on my e-mail now and one of the admin was kind to set up the account for me

So if you send an e-mail to them so will they most likely solve this for you aswell

Kp0y

My wrist is 7.5 inches and all under 55mm is fine smile.png1321c132c8f33db9f27119d431b37aac.jpg

b1fe7e205d687017657f0396ba6738bb.jpg

• Like 4

Bsoj
15 minutes ago, BadApple said:

Drop @Kp0y a PM on here - you can ask him for a link to his photo's 

Thank you!

• Like 1