Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

The reason for the big clear out!

dfq23

Trigger pulled on the reason for all the recent sales...

01-748-7756-4064-07-8-22-08-Oris-main-1.
oris-big-crown-propilot-timer-gmt-01-748

Oris big crown pilot GMT

RRP on these here in the UK is £2300, cheapest I've seen  for sale is £1900 but managed to get one from Watchmaxx in the States via eBay for £1005 delivered with customs already paid. Plus the 3 year warranty apparently works when you enter it on the Oris website even though they are a grey seller.

Could have saved £40 doing it on my Revolut to get a better exchange rate but stuck it on the Barclaycard for the protection (I don't fancy trying to deal with Revolut if it all goes tits up!)

And best of all on a grand purchase I got £1.75 of Nectar points!!!!

Edited by dfq23
  • Like 10

n18lld

That’s a deal

dfq23
24 minutes ago, Pesman said:

Yep that's the one mate. I added it to my watchlist and a day after they offered a 3% discount 

OLDBLOKE74

I am always reluctant to press the button on US or Japan watches because I am scared of the customs lottery - has to be a real bargain or “customs paid” like this one. 

dfq23
14 minutes ago, OLDBLOKE74 said:

I am always reluctant to press the button on US or Japan watches because I am scared of the customs lottery - has to be a real bargain or “customs paid” like this one. 

I bought a new Jean Richard Aquascape back in the day from a dealer on Watchuseek and fell lucky and didn't get charged, plus he declared full value as he said he couldn't mark it down as wasn't a good look for his full time job as a DA in Georgia!

He used normal US Post but then again I got a Seiko tuna off Massdrop who also used US Post and got caught on that. 

Ashford use UPS so you'll get an email telling you what to pay, then you have to print that off when you've done it ready to show the driver just in case his system hasn't been updated!

Jomashop offer an all in price and a take your chances price, but again as they will use UPS you'll always get caught.

Watchgooroo, Jomashop, Watchmaxx, Dexclusive and Purchase Direct (sure I've missed a couple!) on eBay all do the fully paid up price which is the one that is shown when you click on the actual item. Only thing to remember is, unless you're using a fee free card the final checkout price will be more than the headline price once the system works out what exchange rate and fees your bank or PayPal are going to give you.

The Japanese ones like Closer don't do all in prices, but again most use UPS. You may fall lucky and find one willing to use EMS which increases the chances of it getting through unchecked but it's not guaranteed.

Edited by dfq23
  • Like 2