andy66

HELLO AGAIN

andy66

I thought it would be polite to introduce myself again,I'm Andy from the North of th UK.I found this place years ago and one of my first purchases was off Greg r.

I'm no watch guru,I know what I like and I've come back to refresh my collection,the only way I can do that is with swaps and some sales .I won't lie and pretend to be someone I'm not,for me this forum was always a safe place with good people with alot of knowledge that helped me build a nice collection without getting ripped off.So here I am again,just about to dive in and explore....sorry if I've gone on a bit.

HhEBwX.jpeg
HhEQci.jpeg

Just a few of my watches

• Like 3

BadApple

Your Pink swatch worries me a bit. Do you go by the name Andrea at weekends?? 

Otherwise an ace looking collection.....  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Devil
23 minutes ago, BadApple said:

Nevermind the Swatch.. What about the DKNY watch?! Guessing there's for his S/O :D 

Nice collection though mate.

BM284

Welcome back :) apart from what’s been already said about the pink moonswatch, you have a lovely collection there! You'll quickly notice that rep prices have increased by comparison to a few years ago… nevertheless, you stand on the edge of the rabbit hole… enjoy your return to wonderland! 

edwinowl
6 hours ago, andy66 said:

I thought it would be polite to introduce myself again,I'm Andy from the North of th UK.I found this place years ago and one of my first purchases was off Greg r.

I'm no watch guru,I know what I like and I've come back to refresh my collection,the only way I can do that is with swaps and some sales .I won't lie and pretend to be someone I'm not,for me this forum was always a safe place with good people with alot of knowledge that helped me build a nice collection without getting ripped off.So here I am again,just about to dive in and explore....sorry if I've gone on a bit.

HhEBwX.jpeg
HhEQci.jpeg

Just a few of my watches

Welcome back mate. I went awol for a while but always come back to this place safe haven. 
Unfortunately several old timers no longer with us including Greg r. 

Kungen99

Damn that brietling on blue and the panerai underneath it are both killers! 
Is that blue an aftermarket blue ? Where did you get it?

andy66

My watchbox's get hijacked.....

Thanks for the replies and it is good to be back but I've already got my eye on a few that I wasn't expecting to like.

Kungen99,the blue Brietling is from a friend,I had the yellow one and he showed me a pic of it so I bought it.when it turned up it was 48mm,the yellow is 44.

I've only got £80 in it and it's quite a nice looking watch so I thought I'd just keep it.never wear it though.make me an offer if you like it,.

To be honest,out of about 20 reps there are only 5 that get the wrist time,the rest are just now and then watches.The only thing I really want is a nice Pam.submersible with blue dial or 1950 GMT.

either way,most of my watches are going to have to go to new homes to fund any new ones.

• Like 1

andy66
19 hours ago, BadApple said:

You've caught me already.....lol.my collecting doesn't stop at watches,I've a problem I think.Adidas trainers are my true obsession ///.

It does seem alot of lads have passed on,there are still a few names I remember.

Sparks010

Hi Andy welcome back to this forum, I've only just arrived so not been here long and still learning the ropes, although been in to watches since I was a kid, reignited my passion 3 years ago when some one bought me a gen Tag Aquaracer.

BTW nice collection, I hope to have a few more in my box by the end of the year, just waiting to pull the trigger on a SMP 300.

It's nice to have a fellow brit back on board.:beerjump:

Maybe you could share your experience in shipping to the UK, best TD to use ect also safest payment methods, I have read all the newbie info but obviously it's not always specific for our location, also  it's nice to get as much wisdom knowledge as possible? :bounce:

andy66

Hi Sparks mate,not looked at all the TDs left and the new ones but they are all safe,just make sure when you order you mention your a member on here.Some like Mary have been about forever,I also used to look for dealers with UK stock like Reg(Narika),not looked if he's still about but you are going to have to wait and get used to biting your nails and checking tracking..Fingers crossed,in 15 odd years and 70+ purchases,I've never had one go wrong.I once had to wait about 10 weeks for one from Robert(rip),but that was customs sitting on it for some reason.Ive paid PP back in the day,Western Union,Bank transfer.All dead easy.For your first one,Mary knows her shit and can get you what you want.Ask questions.

Now you've said that about the Omega,I've got a beauty that is sat in my box that doesn't get any wrist time,just put it on .I've got my 4 or 5 favourites and all the others are filling my boxes.....I need to rotate more,give them some love.Ive an SMP chrono quartz that I got from watchesuk,on here I think and my son has it now,it's bulletproof and never missed a beat,

You won't go wrong on here,some lads know the watches inside out,some like me just know what they like and know that as long as you stay within the forum  your safe.You can get some decent deals off members aswell,I'm finding my way again but if I can help you in any way give me a shout.

Have you got the Panerai bug yet??????you will.lol.

H2PY5Q.jpeg

Saying that,if I find the 2 Pam's I'm looking for,my boxes will empty pretty fast to fund them.....

Edited by andy66
Spelling
  • Like 1

OverAfton

Orange Omega and the Pam above — very nice! (This is my first post on this forum btw! Spend too much time on RWI as a low-level watch education seeker)

I have a Pam 1090 that I bought M2M over a year ago. Love it!

The leather strap I bought in lieu of the rubber one is tired, and I have been scratching my head as to a replacement strap (for my replacement strap….)

You nailed it for me with the one you have on the Pam Flyback. Buying one TODAY!

OverAfton

So thank you Andy66 for returning to your old haunt: you’ve ALREADY contributed to someone’s horological betterment!

Cheers!

andy66
6 hours ago, OverAfton said:

So thank you Andy66 for returning to your old haunt: you’ve ALREADY contributed to someone’s horological betterment!

Cheers!

HAMs9n.jpeg

Kungen99
On 07/08/2023 at 23:51, andy66 said:

My watchbox's get hijacked.....

Thanks for the replies and it is good to be back but I've already got my eye on a few that I wasn't expecting to like.

Kungen99,the blue Brietling is from a friend,I had the yellow one and he showed me a pic of it so I bought it.when it turned up it was 48mm,the yellow is 44.

I've only got £80 in it and it's quite a nice looking watch so I thought I'd just keep it.never wear it though.make me an offer if you like it,.

To be honest,out of about 20 reps there are only 5 that get the wrist time,the rest are just now and then watches.The only thing I really want is a nice Pam.submersible with blue dial or 1950 GMT.

either way,most of my watches are going to have to go to new homes to fund any new ones.

I’m glad to hear you don’t have to spend to much to get your hands on nice reps.

so far I’ve only gotten mid range quality and they’ve been superb and I could easily go for some cheapies as they are commonly referred to just to try that quality as well :) 

andy66

Nothing wrong with the cheaper watches.....usually....the yacht master on black rubber is the cheaper version,under £200.I asked about upgrading it and was told to save my money.The Panerai daylight is a quartz,bought off Robert(pwc) about 11 years ago for £100.still one of my favourites...

• Like 1

Kungen99

That’s what makes me excited that you can get solid watches repped for not a lot of money 

that way instead it’s possible to buy several ones of the original designs :) 

andy66

H5gVD3.jpeg

£100 delivered from Robert 10 or 11 years ago.quartz and still looks shithot IMO.