OlympusDaytona

Speedmaster Pocket Watch Conversion

OlympusDaytona

I was impatient and decided to replace the heart of my Daytona Pocket Watch build with a Speedy!

I may one day go back and cut up another donor case but when I popped the back off of this ST1902-based rep and realized that they used a metal movement spacer, I decided not to cut anything and just drop it into my already modified case:

H23BML.jpeg
H236NW.jpeg
H23rHS.jpeg
H23t1Q.jpeg
H23QgR.jpeg
H23po8.jpeg
H23CTK.jpeg
H23P0v.jpegH2H8W5.jpeg
H2Hnxp.jpeg
H2Htft.jpeg

I'm waiting on replacement pushers because I accidentally cut these too short! They are purely decorative until I can correctly fit a new pair... I also want to freeze the duplicate hour wheel at 6:00 to 00:00 but that's a project for another day.

• Like 1

GingerApple

Works way better than the Daytona imo (and I quite liked the Daytona).

The thread obviously needs a 'wristie' though. Seriously, what were you thinking?

Michel78

impressive work

OlympusDaytona
8 hours ago, GingerHuw said:

The thread obviously needs a 'wristie' though. Seriously, what were you thinking?

Just had to wait for *drumroll* Speedy Tuesday first haha

H2q2oF.jpeg

• Like 3

GingerApple
7 minutes ago, OlympusDaytona said:

Just had to wait for *drumroll* Speedy Tuesday first haha

Oh stop it!!!! Show off.

I bet it takes you agrees to get ready for a wristie lol. Got to do your hair, do your make up, pop on a bit of lip gloss, throw on a nice outfit, apply twenty chains and finally, a magnificent pout.

All I have to do is shave a bit of arm hair. #TheFairerSex

OlympusDaytona

I wasn't satisfied with how the bezel sat half way beyond the crystal so I did more digging and found that a Speedmaster Automatic 3510.50.00 has bezel dimensions that work perfectly for my application!

HematE.jpeg
HemW52.jpeg
Hem50t.jpeg

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a genuine bezel because the font is really bad... Unless you're rude and stare, it's still an overall improvement!

Hem4RI.jpeg

• Like 3

OlympusDaytona

Picked up a genuine Omega 3510.50.00 Bezel for my Frankenstein Speedmaster Pocketwatch Project!

After doing a fit check with a cheap aftermarket bezel off Amazon, I couldn't live with how bad the font was so I hopped on ebay to look for a service bezel:

HUGOYD.jpeg
HUGYkk.jpeg
HUGIzY.jpeg

I played around with the idea of buying a Tissot T22, a beat up Speedmaster Mark II Dial, and new service hands... but considering how many accidentally sacrificed movements have gone into making these pocket watch conversions... I'm not mentally ready to forfeit such an expensive project if worst comes to worse... so an ST1902 will remain:

HUGyVo.jpeg

I decided to sand down and polish the original fake bezel to mount backwards on the display back to hide how uneven the edges are on my hand-cut movement spacer... it works! Just cutting these spacers with a lathe would have been better but meh 

HUG9aJ.jpeg

• Like 4

GingerApple

Anyone else think it's time for another G2G?

• Like 1

Devil

That's pretty neat!

I'm yet to take even the back off a watch, never mind build anything...

Nice work.

fatarms
5 minutes ago, GingerHuw said:

Please be Stormy.  Please be Stormy.  Please be Stormy.

yt-noord

Amazing work!