OlympusDaytona

Aesop Tourbillon Pocket Watch

OlympusDaytona

I found it amusing that unless it is dual axis, a tourby in a wrist watch is purely decorative.... so it would actually become functional in pocket watch conversion! I slept on the idea for a few weeks but decided to give it a go after playing around with the iPhone select tool and a case photo:

HLNQYP.jpeg
HLNBzJ.jpeg

Other than being basically impossible to get serviced, I've read good things about these! Was originally going to get a rep with a tourby in it, but I couldn't pass up an AliExpress listing at a mere $257.72!

Will report back once the watch shows up...

OlympusDaytona

I snapped three stem extensions, two stems, rendered two crowns useless due to the stem snapping flush to the crown tube, shattered one center wheel jewel, and swapped to a higher dome crystal after realizing the hands were rubbing.... but it is finally complete:

HWTui8.jpeg
HWTMVR.jpeg
HWT7Gv.png
HWTvCK.jpeg
HWTNL1.jpeg
HWTRrj.jpeg
HWTf74.jpeg
HWTG3I.jpeg
HWTSYc.jpeg
HWT0wX.jpeg
HWTbci.jpeg

• Like 1

GingerApple
25 minutes ago, OlympusDaytona said:

I snapped three stem extensions, two stems, rendered two crowns useless due to the stem snapping flush to the crown tube, shattered one center wheel jewel, and swapped to a higher dome crystal after realizing the hands were rubbing....

If you want to save all that typing, in future, just say something like, 'I totally Popperini'd it' or 'The build process was a massive Popperini'. That will let us know what a massive fuck up it was.

Hashtag @Popperini

• Like 2

Popperini

@GingerHuw  I've always dreamed of becoming synonymous with something.

@OlympusDaytona Really impressive work, bravo! Now you've finished that, you can get on with painting the bumper of that car.

• Like 1

OlympusDaytona
20 minutes ago, Popperini said:

@OlympusDaytona Really impressive work, bravo! Now you've finished that, you can get on with painting the bumper of that car.

Thanks! However there's no Popperini business going on with the paint choice ;)

HWdzUK.jpeg

• Like 1

Popperini

Ah my mistake - it's the bonnet that's not been painted yet!  :lol:

Very nice Skyline!

OlympusDaytona

Slapped on a new crystal (allowing the correct bezel to be used) and a better sized crown to match the style of the original one at 12:00:

HiBf33.jpeg
HiBN7n.jpeg
HiBFYs.jpeg

• Like 1

GenTLe

Nice!!!!

Unfortunately, in the last picture, I can't see any watch, regardless how much I try :D:Love: