andy66

UN MAXI MARINE.(damaged)

FudgyDocker

I can see this migrating from a Ulysse Nardin to a Useless Nardin in no time at all if you follow the @Popperini path :lol:

• Like 2

NCRich

Put the back on it and sell it.  Literally a 5 minute fix.

• Like 1

andy66
3 hours ago, GenTLe said:

I told you "push", which doesn't mean pull or move to right or left :) 

No glue, there's never the use of glue in a watch unless very rare situations (i.e. an hour marker detached from the dial, or you have to glue a date wheel overlay on top of the datewheel)... The hand is just "press on" (and not "press with a hammer": you shouldn't push for more than like 50 grams force).

PS: those aren't expensive tools, those are a cheap ultrabasic tool set...

THESE are expensive tools:

HOmUqJ.jpeg
HOmAnD.jpeg
HOmLsk.jpeg
HOm5Zo.jpeg
HOmWXP.jpeg

When did I say I fucking pulled it or moved it left or right,

I appreciate you helping mate but the glue comment was me fucking about.The UN was off Robert years ago,never even wore it.When I was told to push the lever,I looked and it is on a pivot/screw so I pushed it in towards the centre.

As for the fucking tools,I got the price wrong,they were 8 quid.I know they are a bag of shite,but back in 2009 they were the dogs bollox,the best you could buy.

The pics of the tools,top one?????why do you need a playstation steering wheel to fix a watch?

• Like 1

andy66
1 hour ago, NCRich said:

Put the back on it and sell it.  Literally a 5 minute fix.

Sell it????who to??

Maybe if I can get the superglue cleaned up I could sell it to genital.:pointlaugh:

FudgyDocker
7 minutes ago, andy66 said:

Sell it????who to??

Andy,

Do as Rich says. Put the back on. Stick it on M2M for whatever you think you can get for it, allowing for the repair cost.

Or send a PM to Rolie, see if he can do it for you, and suck up the cost.

Only 2 options really. It's all very kind of people to say "This is an easy repair" or "Do this, do that, to sort it". If you aren't confident to do what needs doing, nothing is easy.

• Like 1

andy66
2 hours ago, FudgyDocker said:

I can see this migrating from a Ulysse Nardin to a Useless Nardin in no time at all if you follow the @Popperini path :lol:

I think this thread will turn out to be more fun than fixing the watch.

I'm gutted that my tools have been shot down, especially when I've just upgraded my screwdrivers.....

FudgyDocker
40 minutes ago, andy66 said:

I'm gutted that my tools have been shot down

I bought a similar, if not slightly more expensive set, although I have considerably upgraded the screwdrivers. There's no substitute for a decent set of screwies.

It is what it is, mate. I'd probably shit myself doing that task as well, only because my success rate of reinserting stems into movements is about 50%.

• Like 1

andy66
52 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

Andy,

Do as Rich says. Put the back on. Stick it on M2M for whatever you think you can get for it, allowing for the repair cost.

Or send a PM to Rolie, see if he can do it for you, and suck up the cost.

Only 2 options really. It's all very kind of people to say "This is an easy repair" or "Do this, do that, to sort it". If you aren't confident to do what needs doing, nothing is easy.

FD,I couldn't fix a watch if I tried.That UN has just sat in my box since Robert sent it.Its not worth fixing cos I'd never wear it.Maybe I should of said it was just something to mess with,pass time.

andy66

I've just thought,I know it's not the done thing to ask for prices etc but my grandson is slowly getting stronger.The staff at the high dependency have been amazing.Do you reckon the UN is worth the price of some flowers or chocolates? I was going to get some when I was back at work but sooner would be better.

FudgyDocker
5 minutes ago, andy66 said:

Maybe I should of said it was just something to mess with,pass time.

I reckon that someone would give you a bullseye for it.

• Like 1

andy66
1 minute ago, FudgyDocker said:

I reckon that someone would give you a bullseye for it.

50 bar,seriously.shit the bed,

Shame you can't do make me an offer posts,I'm not home till tonight.Thats flowers AND A BIG box of choccies

NCRich

How did you get superglue on it?

GenTLe
5 hours ago, andy66 said:

The pics of the tools,top one?????why do you need a playstation steering wheel to fix a watch?

LOL, that's a caseback opener.

Can't see glue on your pics, by the way. At most in the 1st pic, it seems the lens of the crystal isn't centered on the date, but maybe it's just parallax photo effect.

BadPickle

Bin the fucker 

andy66
6 hours ago, NCRich said:

How did you get superglue on it?

I didn't,I was taking the piss about glueing the hand back on and someone took me serious.

andy66
5 hours ago, GenTLe said:

LOL, that's a caseback opener.

Can't see glue on your pics, by the way. At most in the 1st pic, it seems the lens of the crystal isn't centered on the date, but maybe it's just parallax photo effect.

I think my sense of humour didn't translate well,I can't fix watches and my comments were very tongue in cheek.

You've obviously got alot of knowledge and know your watches.

I didn't use any glue anywhere.The watch is going to someone who will sort it out along with another one that needs a bit of TLC.

• Like 1

andy66

9 hours ago, FudgyDocker said:

I bought a similar, if not slightly more expensive set, although I have considerably upgraded the screwdrivers. There's no substitute for a decent set of screwies.

It is what it is, mate. I'd probably shit myself doing that task as well, only because my success rate of reinserting stems into movements is about 50%.

I only got the cheap tools to remove links,the screwdrivers have driven me crazy,ends spinning all the time,lol

andy66
5 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Bin the fucker 

Thank Fuck for that, ive been waiting for that one,it was all getting a bit too serious.

• Like 1

BadPickle
12 hours ago, andy66 said:

Thank Fuck for that, ive been waiting for that one,it was all getting a bit too serious.

My work is done here :salute: 

• Like 1