SliceMaster

Rolex service for you maybe????

RolexAddict

Sure,

but the Zenith "El primero" was inroduced later, on the 116520 mark 1, the new fat cases with new oyster bracelet with polished middle links.

American market was different, dull case and dull oyster bracelet links. Different clasp also. I have both of them, let me time to organise pics and review;

A precision: always second at 9.00 sub-dial for these "after 6263".

Demsey

Sounds good, looking forward.

The El Primero though, the pushers are symmetrical? Yes or no?

RolexAddict

I am not enough expert, crazy, because nobody notice this curiosity, I think assymetrical its the same for the zenith and even for the actual 4130

imho

Look,

Left and right, 2 recent Daytonas, If I look well, effectively the reset pusher looks like assymetrical

comparison.jpg

Demsey

Yes I agree, but the eye sees what the mind wants?

When I owned my 16520 and 116520 replica, I remember noting the point, but shrugged it off thinking the crown guards were 'worked' unevenly at the factory. I have never come across any discussion whether Zenith El Primero, Valjoux 77**, ETA 77**, or any Asian copy 77** series movement pushers are asymmetrical. Perhaps the next time you uncase a 7750 take your calipers from the stem to pusher?

No discussion on the 6263 however. Pusher symmetry is seldom discussed if at all 'known', Such a beautiful watch. To me it is just 'it'. The one watch to have. My Father owns a 6263 white face model as yours. Has long since stopped wearing it as the routine maintenance got away from his motivation to keep the watch serviced. Someday I will own it. That will be a sad day. It will be hard to own much less wear. That watch and his hand on the flight yoke and his FG-58 glasses is how I think of him since we were all little dreamers too small to see above the instrument panel.

There was a short run of a replica dealer; David Wong, who offered 6263 replicas known as "DW" with 'worked' tri-compax movements of unknown origin, some said they were Russian, and included 'asymmetrical' pusher cases and fully working chronograph. Those watches would accept genuine dials and accouterment. Done properly only a case back opener would betray it as 'replica'. If people are getting ripped off on eBay for 6263's these would be them. The movements were of such poor modification that they would make our 7750 seconds @ 6 Daytonas seemingly run as reliably as quartz 'Timex'.

A short time ago member 'Spinmaster', for whom I will vouch, offered one up for sale on RWG. I was tempted but demured. He stated at that time (perhaps six months ago) he had several for sale, if interested perhaps try to catch him on rwg jr. RG, or similar.

OK RA, great posting! Good work on 'Slicemaster' 's pieces.

I said this before RWG went off-line and would like to say it here, you are a very valuable member to the community that are still very keen and enthusiastic to 'replica', especially 'Rolex'. Now, more than ever as the WIS try to build a database here your contribution is invaluable. And much appreciated. Having long since satisfied my intrigue with regard, your posts still pique my interest.

Edited by Demsey

AllergyDoc

I was thinking Greg could give RA a subforum of his own, one he could control to some degree. Not sure if the forum is going in that direction or not.

And, come to think of it, not sure if RA can stay sober enough to manage a subforum! :lol:

The Daytona does have an understated elegance. It shouldn't, being a sport watch, a "purpose" watch. Guys still come on the fora and ask for links to the "best Daytona. Money's not an issue."

I lifted this off RWGjr:

A person called David Wong (hence "DW") was selling Daytona models a few years ago. The cases were perfect with assymetrical pushers etc...

They contained what I called the "Mystery Movement".

Mystery because it looks like a Venus 23, but is something else, I have yet to figure out the exact caliber of movement.

RG

RWGjr member "Freddy" started a thread asking "Would you pay $800 for a new, fully-assembled, Asian 7760-powered vintage Daytona with asymmetrical pushers?"

$800? I'm not that picky about the asymmetrical pushers.

Demsey
I was thinking Greg could give RA a subforum of his own, one he could control to some degree. Not sure if the forum is going in that direction or not.

And, come to think of it, not sure if RA can stay sober enough to manage a subforum! :lol:

The Daytona does have an understated elegance. It shouldn't, being a sport watch, a "purpose" watch. Guys still come on the fora and ask for links to the "best Daytona. Money's not an issue."

I lifted this off RWGjr:

A person called David Wong (hence "DW") was selling Daytona models a few years ago. The cases were perfect with assymetrical pushers etc...

They contained what I called the "Mystery Movement".

Mystery because it looks like a Venus 23, but is something else, I have yet to figure out the exact caliber of movement.

RG

RWGjr member "Freddy" started a thread asking "Would you pay $800 for a new, fully-assembled, Asian 7760-powered vintage Daytona with asymmetrical pushers?"

$800? I'm not that picky about the asymmetrical pushers.

Thanks Doc, that may have been'Fast Freddy' of RWG's legacy. He was THE Franken Daytona king. He would post pics casually, mentioning he had 'made' them and just sign off. It gave people fits. People would stake their reputations they were genuine. One day he posted a 116520 with seconds running @ 6. Being a still picture, no one believed him. Ziggy stated uncatagorically it were an impossibility with a 7750b1 movement. Freddy stood his ground not caring one way or another. It were he who sold one to a member for upwards of two grand. The owner affirmed, it did indeed have a running seconds @ 6 configuration. More drama and accusations. Finally another watch was purchased and sent to Ziggy for a teardown. The 'running seconds @ 6 bridge module' was discovered. The rest, as they say, is history.

Guest dave123

I'm late for the party on this one...

No picking on RA,John....he is the only guy on these forums that has always been able to make me actually read threads about rollies.Always posts when he has something of value to add,and its always great for the forum.

And he is a true frenchman,not one of them reps we have here,i can appreciate that.... :troll:

greg_r

And, come to think of it, not sure if RA can stay sober enough to manage a subforum! :troll:

LOL - if RA would like his own subforum, it can be arranged. It's up to the man himself (RA, if you'd like to do it, just PM me and I'll get it set up).

Thrillseeker
That was a joke by the way - so just RELAX.

No, it wasn't.

Yes it was. I remember Thrillseeker from the old RWG. Unless you are calling me a liar.

Ummm.....what exactly is that supposed to mean? Did I call someone a liar? Or do you think I am a liar? Please clarify.

Demsey

Not sure either TS, the comment confused me too, unless John thinks you are 'Slicemaster' ? I would just let that one go...............

JohnG

No, it wasn't.

Yes it was. I remember Thrillseeker from the old RWG. Unless you are calling me a liar.

Ummm.....what exactly is that supposed to mean? Did I call someone a liar? Or do you think I am a liar? Please clarify.

Don't you understand nested quotes?

I said that to Luthier. I said "that was a joke", he said, "no it wasn't", I said "you callin me a liar?"

That's the way I remember it anyway.

Oh, and, hey, hi there anonymous user.

:thumbsup:

greg_r
Oh, and, hey, hi there anonymous user.

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup::lolcina:

JohnG

Greg's almost at 1000 posts!

onzenuub

Countwhore :thumbsup:

greg_r

Onze is even closer!

JohnG

Countwhore :thumbsup:

Better make 1000 a good one Onze.

Somebody bake a cake!!!

Pretty soon Onze will have twice the post count of the entire RWS forum!

RolexAddict

Thanks Demsey, Dave, AD and all others. I am not the best, nor a guru,

just happy to have found this place one year ago, found nice and funny members and learn a lot about dealers and technical.

Also lot of laughing :thumbsup: and appreciated humor, drinking songs...

I pm'ed last week to Greg and told him my interest and short date projects for this board. Not a big deal, just a help to re-build the tech. data base of this place with reviews. And he will attest I did not formulate any critic or complain about any member here.

But I am not alone, lot of you guys knows a lot, we all together have to work : a good link, a good idea, etc.

O.k, I leave, basically, this is Slicemaster's topic

bme

just happy to have found this place one year ago, found nice and funny members and learn a lot about dealers and technical.

Also lot of laughing :thumbsup: and appreciated humor, drinking songs...

I pm'ed last week to Greg and told him my interest and short date projects for this board. Not a big deal, just a help to re-build the tech. data base of this place with reviews. And he will attest I did not formulate any critic or complain about any member here.

But I am not alone, lot of you guys knows a lot, we all together have to work : a good link, a good idea, etc.

Over to you Slicey.........RA you are a top man....loking forward to your contributions.

Thrillseeker

No, it wasn't.

Don't you understand nested quotes?

I said that to Luthier. I said "that was a joke", he said, "no it wasn't", I said "you callin me a liar?"

That's the way I remember it anyway.

Clear as mud.

No, I dont understand nested quotes....and neither does anyone else for that matter. No harm done or intended though....so just forget about it. :thumbsup:

SliceMaster

Also lot of laughing :nana: and appreciated humor, drinking songs...

No worries Rolexaddict you´re always welcome in "my" thread and I do hope you could have your own subforum that would be very good IMO

greg_r

RA, you're a real asset to this board and I'm glad you like it here :nana:

If you ever decide you want your own subforum, just say the word and it's yours.

bme

RA, you're a real asset to this board and I'm glad you like it here :nana:

If you ever decide you want your own subforum, just say the word and it's yours.

Could we arrange for Onze to have a sub forum? Come to that could we arrange for him to do a Fakey and have his own forum?

:)