GingerApple

Best Alternative Bracelets and Straps for Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch

GingerApple

I love my Speedy, but passionately facking hate the original Omega bracelet it came on. It's quite frankly the shittest Gen bracelet (on a nice watch) that I can think of.

Consequently, I never wear my Speedy on bracelet and have had it on a variety of canvas/leather etc straps since I bought it from Del. However, I do miss having it on bracelet so I've been on the search for the perfect alternative. I'm not sure I've found it quite yet, but I've picked up a bracelet from Uncle Seiko that I do quite like and that will do for now - visually I like it, but it just feels a bit cheap, like the old 5 digit sub bracelets feel in comparison to the latest versions.

Anyway, I'd be very grateful if anyone could share pics of cool bracelet options for their Speedy (in fact, any cool straps, not just bracelets) so that I can buy it and be as cool as you. Thanks fuckers. My Uncle Seiko below fyi.

H9mydp.jpeg
H9mOji.jpeg
H9mYIb.jpeg

splke

sell it ffs its a pig dog of a watch anyroad 

• Like 1

deju

@Nikosaldente .... Whats your current omega Speedy strapfest. Don't think he can get the OG GasGasBones and the vintage bracelets will feel shitter than the current one

Leet1983

When i was looking for another bracelet for a rep omf speedmaster i came across two companies but never bit the bullet, looks good though 

Uncle Seiko 

https://unclestraps.com/en-gb/collections/speedmaster

H9o5Ys.png

Or 

Forstner 

https://forstnerbands.com/collections/bracelets-for-omega-speedmaster-and-seamaster?utm_campaign=gs-2019-12-01&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=CjwKCAjwyNSoBhA9EiwA5aYlb8Fka4AqMwS5Is3ghK_6lG85bYZGtasYApEMqpFR74BSsGF3P_j7ExoCCosQAvD_BwE

H9oUwY.png

Edited by Leet1983
  • Like 1

GingerApple

Yeah, the Uncle Seiko it's what's on it in the picture above. I have come across that flat link Forstner too - has anyone got that and if so, how is it in person?

• Like 1

APjumbo

My favorite of them all is this forstner. Mine has seamaster endlinks at the moment, I’ve been meaning to buy some speedy endlinks for it that are not polished. The endlinks detach and are interchangeable.

42-D6074-B-D497-4-D4-A-B88-C-7-B505-D1-D

It has more heft to it than the flat link and balances the watch better.

feels more like a oyster bracelet 

Forstner bracelets have a springy elastic link which adds a ton of comfort. Worth the high price. I love mine.

IMG-0913.jpg
IMG-0914.jpg

• Like 1

APjumbo

Second favorite is the look of this uncle seiko but with milled clasp upgrade (striped clasp) to look like the newer omega bracelet. No easy extension at all though.

IMG-0915.jpg

APjumbo

The uncle seiko flat link is ok

I like the brushing

I don’t like the cheap clasp

It has a disco ball like reflection in the light similar to a royal oak bracelet but not as refined.

Feels way more vintage and jangly than my first two, so wears better on a lighter watch (Railmaster) or (FOIS)

IMG-0912.jpg

APjumbo

Least favorite, although it has the elastic link for comfort which I really love (like a pelagos bracelet but works better, is more simple)

I don’t like the polished sides on mine, they look less refined than a Rolex PCL, more like “plating” 

It’s super thin and jangly, but would work well on a vintage omega if I had one. So am keeping it around.

IMG-0916.jpg

GingerApple
21 minutes ago, APjumbo said:

My favorite of them all is this forstner. Mine has seamaster endlinks at the moment, I’ve been meaning to buy some speedy endlinks for it that are not polished. The endlinks detach and are interchangeable.

Forstner bracelets have a springy elastic link which adds a ton of comfort. Worth the high price. I love mine.

Oooh, that could be what I'm after. Cheers dude. That looks very like an Oyster bracelet - which is basically what I'm after. 

• Like 1

Pistebasher

HkohAt.jpeg

I have this one and love it. 

• Like 1

GingerApple
51 minutes ago, Pistebasher said:

HkohAt.jpeg

I have this one and love it. 

Is that an Artem?

Pistebasher

Me too, I didn't really wear my speedy until I got this strap

Grandy
On 28/09/2023 at 13:15, APjumbo said:

IMG-0913.jpg
IMG-0914.jpg

Where was this Seamster bought, if you don't mind me asking?

APjumbo

@Grandy

EBay, from japan

The duty and customs paperwork want too stressful. I would probably do it again.