GingerApple

Titanium Yachtmaster is coming...

Horace Derwent

I think that for the price this  TW+ factory Yacht-MAster is really tempting, from the photos it seems pretty decent.

Wondering if the titaniun 'grade' is the same of at least similar to the Gen...

If you go to the Rolex website it says that the watch is realized from 'RLX Titanium' :D...usual Rolex branding 

deju
35 minutes ago, Horace Derwent said:

I think that for the price this  TW+ factory Yacht-MAster is really tempting, from the photos it seems pretty decent.

If you go to the Rolex website it says that the watch is realized from 'RLX Titanium' :D...usual Rolex branding 

They buy raw materials and manufacture and process in house to their own specifications though in fairness 

• Like 1

Fray Jason
55 minutes ago, Horace Derwent said:

Was thinking the same thing. Rep factories do a wonderful work with the finishing of the 904l... wondering what they can do with titanium, which is notoriously harder to finish 

Pesman

@Simonix has wanted this for a while!!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Pesman

Is anyone tracking these new factories? And who is the goto for quality?

Clean seems best for Rolex?
GF is gone but OXF seems to have replaced them for Breitling?
V6F has gone but OMF seem to have replaced them for Omega?
IWC now has VZF not ZF?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Horace Derwent
On 31/10/2023 at 09:59, deju said:

They buy raw materials and manufacture and process in house to their own specifications though in fairness 

I know, like Rolesor , Everose , Oystersteel ( 904L ) , Cerachrom , etc...

Nearly every brand has °branded° materials, but sometimes they make me laugh....

Worst offender is Panerai : Goldtech, Fibratech, Carbotech (the only decrnt name ) , xxxxtech :D:blockatiel:

fatarms

Titanium definitely is comfortable in terms of being lighter and not as top heavy, but damn does that stuff get easily marked up by desk dives.

Abe Fromen
On 31/10/2023 at 05:19, Fray Jason said:

Was thinking the same thing. Rep factories do a wonderful work with the finishing of the 904l... wondering what they can do with titanium, which is notoriously harder to finish 

The rep factories did a decent job with Ti on the Pelegos so I would expect they can do well with this bit of Ti as well. 

deju
1 minute ago, Abe Fromen said:

The rep factories did a decent job with Ti on the Pelegos so I would expect they can do well with this bit of Ti as well. 

The 177 panerai is basically 1:1 in case finish too 

• Like 1

Abe Fromen
1 hour ago, deju said:

The 177 panerai is basically 1:1 in case finish too 

Very true and the 346 case was equally as good. I'm sure the factories will knock this out of the park. For me, I just wish they'd remove the black finish off the bezel markers. Like Rolex... and then reps to follow suit. LOL

Fray Jason
2 hours ago, Abe Fromen said:

Let's hope so. Really hope the way this one looks.