Sign in to follow this  
AGL

Hublot Oceanographic 4000

AGL

Had this emailed to me today from a PR contact.

I love it.

mg3685f.jpg

mg3631.jpg

One of Hublot’s most talked about novelties this year, the Oceanographic 4000 is definitely worth the fuss. As Hublot’s first dedicated dive-watch, the Oceanographic 4000 has already set a new standard in the world of submersible watches.

Now, why did Hublot embark on such a challenge? what exactly does a 4000m dive watch represent?

As a brand born around the world of water sports (hence the invention of the rubber watch strap), it should come as no surprise that Hublot would eventually create a dive watch.

Hublot is a manufacture that has built itself by continuously challenging itself to surpass all limitations. When it was decided to create a dive watch, Hublot pushed itself to go beyond the mainstream by creating a piece that could surpass other dive watches in terms of depth rating. This was by no means an easy task, as Hublot had to research extensively for a realizable design and invest in rare, highly-specialized equipment just to test the watches’ water-resistance.

Also, as partner of the Oceanographic Institute of Monaco, The watch symbolizes Hublot’s active participation in the cause for marine preservation and exploration.

Aside from withstanding crushing pressures at great depths, the Oceanographic 4000 brings several new features to the table.

For different uses in and out of the water, the Oceanographic 4000 comes equipped with a a unique, swift strap-changing mechanism (notice the two triangles on the case?), where the wearer can swiftly replace, say, the rubber strap for the nylon strap. An “ardillon†or tang buckle (also crafted in titanium) makes switching straps even easier.

The watch also features an inner rotating bezel, controlled by a second crown at the 2 o’clock position which, in turn is protected by a titanium crown-guard to keep the bezel locked in the desired position.

Visibility is also an important consideration in dive watches. For the Oceanographic 4000, Hublot decided to use a copious amount of Super-Luminova to ensure continuous luminosity and readability in the darkest waters. Even the underside of the hands have been treated with Super-Luminova for maximum legibility.

Available also in Hublot’s signature “All Black†colorway and housed in carbon fiber, the Oceanographic 4000 line is Hublot’s latest venture into its aquatic roots, and a testament to its manufacturing and research prowess.

Edited by AGL

sm1rf

Wow!!!

What a time piece!

AGL

I like it and if its ever rep'd I am sure to buy it. :Yawn:

Member X

I'm not usually a fan of hublows :P but that is nice, if a bit of a beast! :blind:

robznet

Agree with member x - not a fan but looks pretty good! :blind:

myaz

With hublot, being french for porthole, as in the little round window on a ship, It's timely to have them make a this "ultimate" diver's watch.

The brand has never been my taste but this one changed my mind. It's a looker.

AGL

Hublot are refining their watches from being garish wrist bricks to things of functional beauty!

nunu78

Man,I want this badlyyyyy

ThinkBachs

004071-003.772.jpg

Hublot-Oceanographic-4000-Watch-4.jpg

731_NX_1190_RX-hublot-oceanographic-4000-3.jpg

DSC_2168.jpg

731.NX.1190.RX_04.jpg

ThinkBachs
Hublot are refining their watches from being garish wrist bricks to things of functional beauty!

And then I show this....

Hublot-Oceanographic-4000-thumb-550x708.jpg

AGL

And then I show this....

Hublot-Oceanographic-4000-thumb-550x708.jpg

Ok, Dont like that so much! :thumbsup2:

SeanusMaximus

I am sure any actual diver like my brother will tell you... no decent diver wears a "dive watch"...they wear a dive computer that monitors depth, pressure, temperature, remaining oxygen etc.... however - realistic applications aside its nay bad mate :thumbsup2:

Is it what qualifies as your BEASTLY wrist-wear?

AGL

The first one does indeed. yes! The second, not so much! Theres WAY too much going on. Could be the photo could be the watch... Either way, I'm not a fan of the red carbon effect one.

SeanusMaximus
The first one does indeed. yes! The second, not so much! Theres WAY too much going on. Could be the photo could be the watch... Either way, I'm not a fan of the red carbon effect one.

Well...after seeing Hublot's in Wempe jewellers.... and now your post...you MAY be swinging me around to the H-way :thumbsup2:

MAYBE.....

AGL

There's something about them! I like (some) of them. :thumbsup2:

Baldrick

S'funny how fickle members are on this forum, when this was first posted way back in the year, all it got was comments like 'green dreck on a strap'....'looks like someone vomited on it'..etc etc...now it seems you can't wait for it to be repped...!

As TTK said...'forums, ..fly-paper for idiots' :thumbsup:

greg_r

If it helps any, Balders, I still think it's green dreck on a strap... :lmao:

PatronSaintofChainsaws

Looks a lot like the AP divers to me...wow, Hublot drawing inspiration from AP? There's a first :lmao:

Mystery Shopper

This was in a magazine I read recently- I prefer the AP though.

Image68.jpg

gran

Its kind of cute and I am glad to see TTK quoted in this thread :coffee2:

So did any members actually get the 1:1 replica of this yet?

f1fa7810db0f2296dee948ef3ef984df.image.800x531.jpg

KeNnY

I am waiting to see the final pics from Customer, and I will found money for it ASAP :D

opus9

Any feedback on this rep yet? it's down to two AP Diver or Hublot Diver...I know majority say AP..but 42mm bit small and this is a tad large at 48mm..

someone must have bought one from a TD?

HB-2011-08-18-01-01.jpg

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/king-power-48mm-oceanographic-4000/

KeNnY

No pics yet... I was wondering to Troll on Repgeek, to make fake review topic with "missing" pictures :D but I bet I would get ban for that :D