Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine

IWC Portuguese

Sunshine

Hi All,

I'm Julián Pérez, from Argentina.

I saw the IWC Portuguese and I fell in loved with it!

I want to know where I could buy the best replica, I am far from having the money to buy the original!

So... Who is the best seller?

I would appreciate any help that you guys give me!

Regards,

robznet

Hi Julian - welcome to RWG. Try our trusted dealers for anything you may be interested in. Great forum here - enjoy! :blind:

myaz

First, welcome aboard.

More knowledgeable members will give you better answers as to the quality of the IWC. I don't know much about them. However, I'll say this.

All the sellers (Trusted dealers) are great. Dealers like WatchInternational, Timesshop and Replicamake can all get you the same watches. So you first need to pick the watch. Then read the stickies from the various dealers on how they like to conduct business and get paid. Pick the dealer you like and go from there.

Que le vaya bien.

Member X

Hello!

Which portuguese do you like? There are lots of options! :help3:

Silverspeed
I like the Portuguese Chronograph, in gold and white.

Yes very beautiful indeed....however the rep is a ticking timebomb

The replica uses a modified A7750 movement. The normal A7750 has the seconds at the 9 o'clock position. On the Portuguese the seconds is at the 6 o'clock position. So the rep factory modified the standard A7750 with 12 extra gears to get the seconds from the 9 to the 6 o'clock position. Unfortunately they did a crappy job at doing so, the seconds gear runs on a plate without a jewel and thus causes lots of friction.

jameo210369

Hi Julian, welcome to the forum.

PGL

I have two of those watches (I am greedy I know). I bought them a few months ago but they don't have automatic movement, they are quartz watches so... but they look the part.

IWC.jpg

IWC2.jpg

houndoggie

Julian,

another option is a homage watch. I have this Parnis Power reserve watch that is very well built with a nice movement. The watch has a functional power reserve dial at the 12 position and the running seconds at 6 position. This watch cost about $80 shipped and is a great bargain. It is slightly larger than the porto 3714, but captures the essence of the styling:

IMG_1275.jpg

PGL

Houndoggie, I have that watch with black dial... and two other PARNIS watches that "resemble" other IWC and they all work very well.

The one you posted I bought and give to a friend for his birthday (in a blue leather strap) and he loved it, in fact, all the guests loved it and asked me where I bought it.

I specially like the sound of the movement on those PARNIS, don't you?

houndoggie
Houndoggie, I have that watch with black dial... and two other PARNIS watches that "resemble" other IWC and they all work very well.

The one you posted I bought and give to a friend for his birthday (in a blue leather strap) and he loved it, in fact, all the guests loved it and asked me where I bought it.

I specially like the sound of the movement on those PARNIS, don't you?

the rotor is a bit loud, but the movement is very well made.

PGL
I was thinking on buy this one:

http://www.marvellousreplica.com/Product_D...ID=200911120318

Or this one:

http://www.silix-prime.com/iwcs034-p-1504.html

Both are from the trusted dealers list.

@Silverspeed, what do you mean with "the rep is a ticking timebomb". They don't last much?

Greetings to all,

Nope, having the seconds at six, apparently make the watches malfunction very soon.

That is why (being obsessed as I was with them) decided to change to quartz movements.

Buena suerte, Julián!

Sunshine

Oh, wow. I'm disappointed.. I will have to start a new search I guess.

Thank you guys!

P.D.: buenas las respuestas en español :jingoism:

PGL
Oh, wow. I'm disappointed.. I will have to start a new search I guess.

Thank you guys!

P.D.: buenas las respuestas en español :)

Good luck with your search then.

Cómpratelo con movimiento de cuarzo... los míos van muy bien. Además, te saldrían por poco más de cincuetna dólares, así que encima te ahorras un buen pico. Y lo inviertes en una correa mejor, porque las correas de las réplicas son una mierda la mayoría. :jingoism:

Member X

One option to get one is a 'franken' from a member called Concepta. He builds copies from genuine and rep parts, so you can get a genuine movement that will last properly :)

They are not cheap though - budget $1000+!

Sunshine
I like the Portuguese Chronograph, in gold and white.

Yes very beautiful indeed....however the rep is a ticking timebomb

The replica uses a modified A7750 movement. The normal A7750 has the seconds at the 9 o'clock position. On the Portuguese the seconds is at the 6 o'clock position. So the rep factory modified the standard A7750 with 12 extra gears to get the seconds from the 9 to the 6 o'clock position. Unfortunately they did a crappy job at doing so, the seconds gear runs on a plate without a jewel and thus causes lots of friction.

Hi Silverspeed,

I've found another one with this movement:

New Asian 7750 Valjoux Working Chronograph movement, 28800bhp, New Improved 29J Version

Do you know if this version has the same issue?

Thanks!

Because I don't know if the chronographs works in Quartz version.

Regards,

Sunshine
I have two of those watches (I am greedy I know). I bought them a few months ago but they don't have automatic movement, they are quartz watches so... but they look the part.

IWC.jpg

IWC2.jpg

PGL, you have two beautiful watches! Can you tell me where do you bought them? I will go with thw Quartz!

Those straps fits great.. Look so classic and cool.

Gracias !!

PGL

I bought them from watch321.com Ask for Lucy, she is was a GREAT help when I was deciding on mine. They have the gold one you like (at least they did when I was looking for an IWC).

El cronógrafo funciona perfectamente por si te sirve de ayuda. Y todo cada uno por unos cincuenta dólares, lo cual es bastante barato. Tiene muy buenos acabados así que merece la pena.

Good luck compañero! :rulez:

Luthier

Aha, PGL, watch 321 is great company, I visited their office and bought 4-5 watches there years ago. Very nice and honest people. Great range of good quality cheapies. They also have another website: www.goec5.com

Silverspeed
Hi Silverspeed,

I've found another one with this movement:

New Asian 7750 Valjoux Working Chronograph movement, 28800bhp, New Improved 29J Version

Do you know if this version has the same issue?

Thanks!

Because I don't know if the chronographs works in Quartz version.

Regards,

Yes....unfortunately that's the version with the very unreliable A7750 sec@6 movement.

Read this review made by Francisco: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=3156

PGL
Aha, PGL, watch 321 is great company, I visited their office and bought 4-5 watches there years ago. Very nice and honest people. Great range of good quality cheapies. They also have another website: www.goec5.com

I was really surprised, I didn't expect such good communications and willingness to help... I guess I was very used to "buy from me or shut up" and that showed me that you can still buy reps and get a good customer service.

Luthier

There was a guy, Weyman, he brought me to the office in GZ, as I said - very nice people, great prices, and perfect service. I bought Concord C-1, TAG Calibre 36, and 3-4 more watches right there. All still works perfectly. I've talked to Lucy just recently, she's really nice and helpful girl.

Good choice, PGL!

PGL
There was a guy, Weyman, he brought me to the office in GZ, as I said - very nice people, great prices, and perfect service. I bought Concord C-1, TAG Calibre 36, and 3-4 more watches right there. All still works perfectly. I've talked to Lucy just recently, she's really nice and helpful girl.

Good choice, PGL!

I always wondered why they are not trusted dealers. To be honest I received much better treatment from them and they serviced me with two beautiful and good working watches.

I should take a look at what they have in store right now... since I am really salivating after an IWC Big Pilot...

Luthier

I introduced Weyman's company to Forum at the same I introduced Mary. A few our guys bought from them and were very pleased with service, quality, and especially with prices. They're in Watch Eden price range, but 100 times better in quality and service. So, if you'll buy more watches from them - post a thread about them, pictures, and. maybe, one day they'll earn our attention.