Leet1983

What movement is this please

Leet1983

As per title it's in my noob sd43 it's loosing time so rather than mess about I'll just buy a new movement  and have it replaced

Any help will be appreciated

HEyR7S.jpeg

Edited by Leet1983
Spelling

Redfire1066

Looks like a 2836 clone  ... 

FudgyDocker

Hmmm, it's either a 2824 or 2836 clone. Usually impossible to differentiate by sight, but the giveaway is the date change. Important as I think they have different stem heights etc,

2836 - go round with the timeset extremely slowly to midnight. It will flick over instantly to the next date without any creep
2824 - go round with the timeset extremely slowly to midnight. It will start to creep to about quarter to halfway to the next date then flick over.

Ant0702

It has an adjuster - just tweak it to run faster.

• Like 1

FudgyDocker
3 minutes ago, Ant0702 said:

It has an adjuster - just tweak it to run faster.

That screw inside the V fork by the balance wheel is the adjuster. Just turn it clockwise ever so slightly towards + and test it on the free "Watch Accuracy App" downloaded to your phone from the Play Store. It'll tell you how it's running.
What's the worst that can happen, if you're thinking of buying a new movement, anyway?

• Like 1

Leet1983

With what @FudgyDocker as seems it's a 2836 thankyou for this info for the next question,obviously I need to same movement to replace it with but is there a specific reliable one I need to order (any descent branded one which will give the watch longevity and be a general work horse again any help will be appreciated 

Leet1983
4 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

That screw inside the V fork by the balance wheel is the adjuster. Just turn it clockwise ever so slightly towards + and test it on the free "Watch Accuracy App" downloaded to your phone from the Play Store. It'll tell you how it's running.
What's the worst that can happen, if you're thinking of buying a new movement, anyway?

I think to be honest I've knackered the keyless movement the stem is seized after I removed it I was tinkering to see if there was a issue pull the stem out for a look and it won't move anything  now(yes I'm a twat I know I should have just left it and got watch Smith to sort it ) 

FudgyDocker

OK, if you want a guaranteed good quality one, go to Cousins UK, and get one of theirs. You pay a little more, but it won't be an Ali Express gamble and you'll have some comeback.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/3-hands-seagull

You want TY2100 Steel Plate

• Like 1

splke
8 minutes ago, Leet1983 said:

I think to be honest I've knackered the keyless movement the stem is seized after I removed it I was tinkering to see if there was a issue pull the stem out for a look and it won't move anything  now(yes I'm a twat I know I should have just left it and got watch Smith to sort it ) 

just give Neil a shout pal

• Like 3

TudorWearingWanker
11 minutes ago, Leet1983 said:

That requires a strip down and rebuilding of the keyless works. Don't be embarrassed, for I have made the same mistake in the past. If the movement is total garbage with other issues, you can find clone 2836s (and 2824s) on eBay all day long. If it is a good rep that you care about, you can also source new 2836s (and 2824s) of all grades on eBay direct from Switzerland. You could call up your local watchamker and ask for a quote on the movement. Service may be cheaper than replacing. Don't toss the movement. You may need the datewheel from the movement, because the stock datewheel on a new movement may not fit the date cutout on the dial.

Edited by TudorWearingWanker
  • Like 2

Rokerite
5 minutes ago, splke said:

just give Neil a shout pal

^^^This @ROLIE will sort it no probs.

• Like 1

Leet1983

@ROLIE please help , pretty please with cherry on top it's one of my favourite peices I'm gutted :sad:

• Like 1

Dr Fun Socks

Be a man about it. If you think the movement is screwed, follow this for the rebuilding and removal of the keyless. Its not rocket science. Just very small parts that like to fly into unobtainable places!

• Like 1

Dr Fun Socks

I didnt post the bloody link my bad!

• Like 1

FudgyDocker
1 hour ago, Dr Fun Socks said:

I didnt post the bloody link my bad!

And, realistically, how many people on this forum do you think will even consider having a go at that, even with a video tutorial? 

• Like 2

Dr Fun Socks
12 hours ago, FudgyDocker said:

And, realistically, how many people on this forum do you think will even consider having a go at that, even with a video tutorial? 

What have you got to lose? If you reckon the movement is screwed anyway. No one comes out the womb knowing how to fix a keyless issue!