Tammin

Rolex Explorer II 16570

Tammin

Hi guys. I always wanted a Explorer II 16570 the older 39mm model. Is there any good rep of these ?

Been lurking around at RWI and seen some super franken going for 5 - 10 grand but i´m not quite there yet. I read that BP made some reps of these but has anyone had any personal dealing in buying a rep of this watch and could share some insight ?

Devil

I think GMF makes them, not sure about 39mm though- I would just email a TD and find out.

• Like 1

Tammin
10 minutes ago, Devil said:

I think GMF makes them, not sure about 39mm though- I would just email a TD and find out.

Thanks, I´ve seen a lot with the bigger and more modern Explorer II from I think GMF factory but never seen 16570 model. But I will email and see if they know anything.

• Like 1

Devil
3 minutes ago, Tammin said:

Thanks, I´ve seen a lot with the bigger and more modern Explorer II from I think GMF factory but never seen 16570 model. But I will email and see if they know anything.

Best just to ask them mate, I would recommend Mary - she can get things others can't half the time :lol: but yeah they all get the same watches, she must just have a good relationship with some factories.

Tammin

Thought all my prayers had been answered right there but not quite the right explorer :'D

H0l13Q.jpeg

Donkey69

Here are both of my explorer 2 16750's

The black dial is an old school noob and probably the best rep that was produced of these 16570's. They have been out of production for about 10 years and can only be found m2m.

The polar white dial is a BP factory 16750, again I think even these are discontinued now, you may find one at a TD but I wouldn't hold your breath. These are not such good quality like the noob version (mine is actually on route to my watchsmith now to have the crown guard modded and a decent crystal installed)

H0Xu7j.jpeg

• Like 1

Tammin
14 minutes ago, Donkey69 said:

Here are both of my explorer 2 16750's

The black dial is an old school noob and probably the best rep that was produced of these 16570's. They have been out of production for about 10 years and can only be found m2m.

The polar white dial is a BP factory 16750, again I think even these are discontinued now, you may find one at a TD but I wouldn't hold your breath. These are not such good quality like the noob version (mine is actually on route to my watchsmith now to have the crown guard modded and a decent crystal installed)

H0Xu7j.jpeg

Those are amazing - if ever you want to sell one of those please reach out I would love one of those !!

Donkey69

Here are a few pics of my bp alongside my dad's gen.

The bp has several floors. Incorrect hand stack, The bezel font on numbers is wrong and the small arrows aren't close enough to the inside edge of the bezel, the rhault height is wrong and the mag on the xtail Cyclops is terrible, the crown guard is completely the wrong shape and the minute indices on the dial should be closer to the rhault

The noob is much better as it has a non engraved rhault, correct crown guard a well rep'd bezel

These 2 took me a while to find so won't be going anywhere soon. Keep a look out, they come up m2m occasionally.

H0XgYE.jpeg
H0dDwn.jpeg
H0XJ7t.jpeg
H0Xc32.jpeg
H0dZc3.jpeg
H0dzis.jpeg
H0d3CY.jpeg
H0dHSD.jpeg

• Like 3

Daytonadude

BP is a great option or you can buy an eBay case and build your own, which is what I’m doing 

DailyWristCheck

I really wish there were decent 5 digit factory options without having to do a bunch of modifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tammin
4 minutes ago, DailyWristCheck said:

I really wish there were decent 5 digit factory options without having to do a bunch of modifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree !

Tharbooked

geometry dash world 

On 05/01/2024 at 20:50, Tammin said:

Hi guys. I always wanted a Explorer II 16570 the older 39mm model. Is there any good rep of these ?

Been lurking around at RWI and seen some super franken going for 5 - 10 grand but i´m not quite there yet. I read that BP made some reps of these but has anyone had any personal dealing in buying a rep of this watch and could share some insight ?

As for BP factory reps, the general consensus is that they're a decent budget option. They capture the overall look and feel of the 16570, but there are definitely flaws, like the incorrect hand stack, bezel insert lume inconsistencies, and bracelet finishing. For the price, they're not bad, but if you're looking for top-tier accuracy, you might want to consider other options.

Edited by Tharbooked