AMG89

Response Rate question?

AMG89

Had a few reps from RWG TDs over the last few years, I don’t post much but follow the threads. Never had an issue and hopefully not going to :D. Placed an order on 1st Jan but not heard back since. Money has not been collected from WU so certainly don’t think this is a scam but just wondering how long some TDs take to get back to you after ordering (know they need factories to release watches etc.). Anyone else had delays?

FudgyDocker

My TD came back to me in 6 hours on a Saturday a couple of days ago, so I can only reply with my own experience. Money paid and order placed within 24 hours, and that included sourcing a complete movement from one of the factories.

Redfire1066

Contacted a TD to make an enquiry for a watch, the TD confirmed they could get the watch for me.  I placed an order  with a TD on 9th December; Money sent via WU was not picked up by TD until 16th December when the TD had the watch in hand for posting.

AMG89

Appreciate the follow up, I’m generally inpatient haha but 2 weeks and no update seems a while. Let’s see… :bugeyes:

AMG89

Update: TD has been in touch and is having problems with the factory releasing the watch. Are GMF known for this?

FudgyDocker
10 minutes ago, AMG89 said:

Are GMF known for this?

Not particularly. It all depends. Some watches are more popular than others. They may not have all the parts they need to supply what you've requested. Factories source parts from many different suppliers all over China to make different models, so there may be a delay or shortage of certain parts etc. It's a sensible way to do things, as if one supplier gets raided they haven't lost their whole supply chain. It's all an underground business, so things like this can happen. Infinite patience is sometimes a big part of this game. It is rarely the TDs fault when things like this happen.