rossco1965

Selling a replica??

rossco1965

Hi,  I am new and didn't see a forum for selling?  Is there a way to sell on this site?

Edited by rossco1965
misspelling

FudgyDocker
2 minutes ago, rossco1965 said:

Hi,  I am new and didn't see a forum for selling?  Is there a way to sell on this site?

Yes, but you won't see it until you have made 10 quality posts. Sadly, that doesn't mean putting "Nice Watch" etc on random posts, or necroposting (commenting on very old posts to get the count up), Stuff like that, just to see the section, could end up in your post count being reset to zero. Just join in a bit, post pics of watches you have (no matter what) and don't be so desperate to see sales posts until you've got a reasonable idea of what you're looking at! 

Especially read the new members section, as it contains invaluable information and can prevent you from looking like a complete plonker asking stupid questions later :lol: .

Oh, and welcome!

• Like 2

Devil

So you joined 10minutes ago and first thing you want to do is sell a watch? :facepalm:

BadApple
27 minutes ago, rossco1965 said:

New people should read the New Members section first and then could avoid asking questions such as this. 

• Like 4

FudgyDocker
44 minutes ago, rossco1965 said:

Is there a way to sell on this site?

It'll be a very long time before you can sell anything. You need at least 50 posts, 60 days membership and even then you may struggle to sell unless you get really involved in the forum and get yourself a good reputation. We are very, very cautious these days, due to a recent influx of scammers!

• Like 4

Devil
5 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

It'll be a very long time before you can sell anything. You need at least 50 posts, 60 days membership and even then you may struggle to sell unless you get really involved in the forum and get yourself a good reputation. We are very, very cautious these days, due to a recent influx of scammers!

Exactly that, I would never buy from someone brand new that's only intention of being on the forum is to offload watches...

I even think the 60 days membership to sell is a tad lenient.

• Like 3

s10ww

Perhaps if people are desperate to sell something, they could provide a video of them saying a specific phrase along with a copy of government issued ID showing address, etc. That level of info was enough for me to open a full bank account.

BadApple
10 minutes ago, s10ww said:

Perhaps if people are desperate to sell something, they could provide a video of them saying a specific phrase along with a copy of government issued ID showing address, etc. That level of info was enough for me to open a full bank account.

Perhaps we could just stick to our tried and trusted rules? 

• Like 1