smf88011

Looking to get back into the watch hobby field

smf88011

I used to collect watches.  I had everything from Gen Breitling for Bentley to Chinese Alphas.  At the height of my collection, I had a total of 128 watches.  The most valuable to me were a Tudor and Rolex that I gave my father for his 65th birthday and as a retirement gift that I inherited after he passed away in August 2017. 

I say "were" because I moved to Mexico and took my watches with me.  I had them in a safe that was behind a hidden door in a piece of furniture I had.  On Thanksgiving 2018, we had our home burglarized.  We had a total of 22 computers, 5 safes, 11 lock boxes and a ton of other things taken; everything of financial value was taken.  They got ALL of the watches.  I was able to get 2 computers and 5 watches back by finding them on Facebook Marketplace/Craigslist and getting the police to work with me on a sting.  Still, it hurt so badly that I stopped being interested in collecting watches and even wearing one for over 5 years.

I recently bought a Citizen Blue Angels watch.  It surprised the hell out of me (and more so my wife) that I actually looked at a watch and then pulled out the credit card to buy one.  I didn't think I would ever do it again. 

Anyhow, I am starting to look at watches and hope to find something very close to the Tudor and Rolex that I gave my Dad previously.  I don't have the financial resources I had from back when I bought those watches so I cannot afford to buy the Gen anymore.  That is why I am here - to start to look for watches that will be a close enough help me remember just how special my Dad was to me.

Anyhow, now you know my ordeal and what I am doing here.  I hope that the Tudor Submariner 7016/0 and the Rolex GMT 16750 Pepsi watches I get on here will help me have something to hold onto the treasure my father was to me.