Sign in to follow this  
Theonewatches

Daytona 126518 Gen & Clean Comprehensive Comparison

Theonewatches
Posted (edited)

Hello everyone, this is Steve. The short vacation passed so fast. I'm back again.

In the new year, let's start with the new model, the long-awaited new Daytona from Clean Factory has been released finally, so today I will bring you a comprehensive comparison of Daytona 126518 between GEN and Clean.

Clean’s top details are well known, and the old Daytona has always been dominated by them, so let’s see if Clean’s new Daytona still exudes the aura of king.

Year after year, I still can't get rid of the nagging prologue, stop the nonsense, let's get started.

Front Dial View

abdfd4b8.jpg

a5a6e899.jpg

470aedd1.jpg

Light View and natural light view

34bdef02.jpg

f2bd2d37.jpg

99c7eb73.jpg

For models with gold case, there will be color difference between electroplated gold and real gold, so it is difficult to achieve perfect restoration, but Clean has already controlled it very well, the color is a little ligher than GEN.

It is hard to avoid the color difference on the dial. Clean will be darker, but it is within the acceptable range. This does not affect anything. If you remove the GEN and look at it alone,

you won't feel the color strange, this is enough.

Bezel View

fcc92e3c.jpg

2363c172.jpg

The new Daytona adds a metal frame to the edge of the ceramic bezel, the height and thickness of the Clean's frame is consistent with GEN.

Bezel Digital Fill View

9f4c9d48.jpg

5b6ed21a.jpg

d5342495.jpg

b54e1d2d.jpg

1d5c5063.jpg

350bd30b.jpg

29a3a668.jpg

0640e7de.jpg

21431f6d.jpg

There are no problems with the size and spacing of the numbers, the fill color is pretty good.

Crystal Side View

8e0bc73c.jpg

4810f107.jpg

Through comparison in reality, the edge of Clean's crystal seems to be more rounded, because Clean's edge chamfering is very sufficient, when scratched with fingers, GEN will appear sharper and Clean is smoother.

Crown and Stick View

e99b4234.jpg

2ed8beaa.jpg

6d8b37c5.jpg

The markers of the new model have become more slender, I personally think that the shape is pretty good, and they are still maintaining excellent details, the sharp corners are all chamfered.

Sub-dials View

b0ccef4a.jpg

2bf5b9e5.jpg

9348fe21.jpg

18c2fb31.jpg

b96e0333.jpg

e94e8a78.jpg

c5ad90b6.jpg

31d0108e.jpg

dfb36b10.jpg

The three sub-dials of the new Daytona are a little smaller than the old model, Clean dial is restored very well. The subdial's size, scale printing and the raised texture on the surface of the scale ring are all good, I can’t find any problems even by magnifying it.

It is a little regrettable that the hand of chronograph hour sub-dial seems to be slightly shorter,

but when we compare them side by side, it is not obvious to the naked eye. So it has no impact.

For the central axles, I have to praise Clean, the solid central axles are all consistent with GEN, the most important thing is that the shape is exactly the same as GEN, the processing is very clean and no welding marks or flaws.

Central Axle View

b1b36fa8.jpg

54a1d0fe.jpg

f6bc8f94.jpg

This middle central axle of time hands is slightly different, the small raised dot is not obvious, it's actually hard to notice with the naked eye, so it doesn't matter, as long as the shape of the outer sleeve is consistent with GEN.

Mimeograph Front View and Luminous Fill View

ed4b25a8.jpg

db0d3758.jpg

e63e6fb2.jpg

4a97ac64.jpg

4433732a.jpg

21f832ea.jpg

The mimeograph fonts are perfectly controlled, the brightness is completely consistent with GEN, regular and three-dimensional, the color of the red Daytona font is also very similar, 

all in all, no need to worry about Clean’s dial details control and process of markers, hands and printing, etc.

Luminous Fill View

1b02d80f.jpg

1ff4d0bf.jpg

This part is still an old rule, as long as the graininess is strong, the visual sense under high-definition view presented by Clean is still very good.

Rehaut View

d4682133.jpg

191e78bf.jpg

Clean’s rehaut is very clear, not inferior to GEN in comparison, but the engraving process is different, so when you zoom in, you can see the shading is slightly different, but this does not matter.

Chronograph Crown View

9b5ac7b7.jpg

251c9e99.jpg

In the tightened state, the leakage length of the button remains the same, and it is also same in the unscrewed state. Here we mainly talk about the feel.

GEN’s chronograph crown has a certain sense of damping when pressed and the rebound strength is obvious. Clean is also okay, but GEN feels a little tighter when pressed and the sound sounds more delicate.

Case Side View

44241596.jpg

2ab650be.jpg

There is not much to say about the case as there is no change of case for the new Daytona model, the side shape and thickness of middle case are exactly the same.

Endlink View

247de307.jpg

Caseback View

3595cf85.jpg

beeb9533.jpg

The height of the caseback edge is consistent with GEN and the teeth are rounded and won’t scratch your hands. In addition, the precious metal marks on the lugs are also consistent with GEN, the depth and three-dimensionality are very good.

Bracelet and Buckle Details View

883d0f81.jpg

308d7d7e.jpg

ebd5f381.jpg

6090b358.jpg

cdc9493d.jpg

7b56b250.jpg

The buckle lettering of Clean has always been very clear, although the logos of precious metal dog head and the Libra are not as three-dimensional as GEN, we can't ask for too much, after all, it is indeed difficult for the current imprint engraving to be as refined as GEN.

Laser Marker and Luminous View

5d1e03c5.jpg

97862014.jpg

Movement View

b6a11198.jpg

659b63b8.jpg

Clean equipped with the super clone Shanghai 4131 movement which is a real mold-making movement and not modified with 4130. It is also the only super clone 4131 in the replica market at present, the actual power reserve time is around 66 to 68 hours. It is exclusively used by Clean.

Data comparison chart

f2c0e24d.jpg

715560d0.jpg

022054b1.jpg

e8f93255.jpg

e9a3b4b6.jpg

Note: All watches are measured in a clamped state, and there may be errors due to the slight deviation of the position of the caliper.

Well, today's post is here, thank you guys for watching. If there are any mistakes, please correct me. If there is anything else I overlooked, you can put it up, and I will try my best to complete it. Welcome to comment and exchange!

I will continue to bring you more detailed comparisons between replica watches and GEN’s. And it is also for you to choose the favorite models conveniently.

Illustration: Some photos deviate from the real object due to the light source. For details, please refer to the content. The size of the comparison picture is relatively large, you can download it and enlarge it for comparison.

There is no perfect replica, only the one you prefer.

Thanks.

Steve

Telegram: Theonewatches_steve

WhatsApp: + 86-17081934955

Email: [email protected]

Edited by Theonewatches
  • Like 6