dfq23

Calling a spade a spade - obvious banned member is obvious

BadApple
1 minute ago, dfq23 said:

KijINJ.png

Said over on RWI when he bought the IWC he was scammed and the strap wasn't genuine.

Then claims on here it's a genuine strap.

Also seems to forget that it was  under his other alias that he bought it next door!!

And the account he followed Phoenixboy on here got banned when he tried to scam someone with a Moonswatch. This has been demonstrated above. I thought it would be an instant ban for starting a sock account. 

• Like 1

Philiusmaximus

Behind all the drama, name calling and handbags it's just members looking out for members.

• Like 2

dfq23
3 minutes ago, Philiusmaximus said:

Behind all the drama, name calling and handbags it's just members looking out for members.

The drama name calling and handbags is what used to make this place special back in the day and why I for one gravitated here rather than next door or the knitting circle 

• Like 3

BadApple

No problem sir 

dfq23

KizijI.jpeg

• Like 1

SadProfessor

The reason I’m here not next door is exactly the small community helping keep It safe. I know fuck all about reps and folks here have helped numerous times. Mods and old timers. 

• Like 3

Devil
4 minutes ago, SadProfessor said:

The reason I’m here not next door is exactly the small community helping keep It safe. I know fuck all about reps and folks here have helped numerous times. Mods and old timers. 

Same here mate, it's all the same names you see on here day after day makes it feel like a nice tight-knit community. I think BA was just too invested in this and taking it a bit too far, he should have PM'd the mods and left it to them... I hope he's allowed back in the future as he means well...

• Like 4

FudgyDocker
4 minutes ago, Devil said:

I hope he's allowed back in the future as he means well...

He needs time to chill out and calm down. Once this situation is resolved I suspect that he may be allowed back, once a profuse apology has been proffered.

• Like 3

GingerApple
4 hours ago, dfq23 said:

No one is allowed back once banned.

dfq23
1 minute ago, GingerJesus said:

If you do the crime and all that.

I think he baited the blues to do it and they called his bluff.

Hopefully we'll have another one go red sooner rather than later

• Like 1

GingerApple
10 minutes ago, dfq23 said:

Hopefully we'll have another one go red sooner rather than later

I'm going to reread all my posts to see why I was getting so much hate over this. All (I think) I ever said was that people should leave it to the Mods and stop threadcrapping a sale when ordered to stand down by the boys in blue.

I don't get how that gets interpreted as me supporting a scammer. In fact, I've had a fairly decent track record of sniffing or scammers and getting them banned. There's little I hate more than a scammer.

But anyway, I'm going to reread my posts to see if I've given the wrong impression.

• Like 1

brang1

Ok, we can all get back to enjoying a forum about replica watches now

• Like 4

dfq23
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, GingerJesus said:

I'm going to reread all my posts to see why I was getting so much hate over this. All (I think) I ever said was that people should leave it to the Mods and stop threadcrapping a sale when ordered to stand down by the boys in blue.

I don't get how that gets interpreted as me supporting a scammer. In fact, I've had a fairly decent track record of sniffing or scammers and getting them banned. There's little I hate more than a scammer.

But anyway, I'm going to reread my posts to see if I've given the wrong impression.

You were more concerned about what people were posting on his threads than what he was.

It was obvious something stunk and people posted genuine comments about things and he had an antagonistic manner that got their backs up (something that got him banned next door) which they then responded to in the manner which was always accustomed to on here, yet the obvious scammer was never called out by you for breaking rules like coming back after being banned (you admitted in this thread tonight you knew it was him all along), false claims, no evidence of genuine parts and profiteering but you were only concerned with people thread crapping. That made you seem like you'd picked your side which was that of the scammer.

I don't come here much anymore so I don't know if you had prior beef with Badapple which contributed to all that but I do know it upset a good bloke in @Pesman for correctly saying the IWC was his one and everyone piling on him so much that he has walked away.

That thread crapping has hopefully saved people being conned on watches that are no more franken than me wearing a rep while walking past an AD!

Of the feedback he received from buyers, one was from a cheapy gen Victorinox (old trick, sell a few cheapies to get some feedback before going for the big fish) and another was from a buyer of one of his "genuine Swiss ETA" Breitlings who I'd hazard a guess likely got bent over for it but just took it at face value at the time as no one caught it and doesn't know any better.

Edited by dfq23
  • Like 1

GingerApple
3 minutes ago, dfq23 said:

You were more concerned about what people were posting on his threads than what he was.

It was obvious something stunk and people posted genuine comments about things and he had an antagonistic manner that got their backs up (something that got him banned next door) which they then responded to in the manner which was always accustomed to on here, yet the obvious scammer was never called out by you for breaking rules like coming back after being banned, false claims, no evidence of genuine parts and profiteering but you were only concerned with people thread crapping. That made you seem like you'd picked your side which was that of the scammer.

I agree with everything you say until your last word; the side I picked was the Mods who told us repeatedly to stfu in the sales thread. Anyway, I'll take on board what your say and try and do better next time.

dfq23

The watch he sold.

Lots of use of the words genuine and franken to dazzle and amaze those who know no better

Seems it,  at best, may have had a genuine second hand. Not sure how that constitutes a franken really and no proof of it either or the movement as no pics of that either.

My understanding was always for sales of a Swiss ETA you had to give proof.

He went in dry on poor replover2

dfq23
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, GingerJesus said:

I agree with everything you say until your last word; the side I picked was the Mods who told us repeatedly to stfu in the sales thread. Anyway, I'll take on board what your say and try and do better next time.

If, as you said, you knew all along that he was the same person as had been banned, did you raise this "possible" issue with the mods?

And it's all about perception.  The perception to someone who popped back here after previously being a regular visitor for years, had no horse in the race and saw what was going on was that you were  at worst team madaboutwatches1 or at the very least team anti Badapple and Pesman. 

You didn't jump in to say that you knew he was already banned when it was raised on the threads so I wouldn't say you were team mods either really as that's the kind of info they need as they can't catch everything.

Edited by dfq23

Mystery Shopper
32 minutes ago, dfq23 said:

I don't come here much anymore so I don't know if you had prior beef with Badapple which contributed to all that but I do know it upset a good bloke in @Pesman for correctly saying the IWC was his one and everyone piling on him so much that he has walked away.

No - it wasn't one issue that had him walk away. He was trying to go for a while due the temptation of buying and his changed circumstances. Those that are friends with him outside here need to keep looking in on him.

• Like 1

trailboss99

I don't understand TF this shitfight was even about. There is ZERO evidence that MAW1 is the sock of a banned member, the accounts have nothing in common, I've checked it all myself. There have been ZERO complaints from buyers of anything he has ever sold here made to the staff (apart from one unofficial complaint I received about a cheapie). No one "exposed" anyone. Apart from the fact he may have an account under a different name at another forum, there is zero "evidence" and since when is that a sin? Lots of members have different usernames elsewhere. He may not be the most likeable of people but there is nothing to say he's some kind of scammer.

Going forward there will be NO derailing of sales posts, if you have an issue or see a problem, contact a moderator about it but it is NOT to blow up in the thread and begin a playground fight like we have just seen, it is not acceptable and offending posts will be removed. The disrespect for moderators will also cease, AS OF NOW!  Anything further along those lines will be dealt with strongly.  Neither nor the mods want to see a repeat of this mess, ever. If you have an issue, address it via PM with one of the mods. 

• Like 3

BadPickle

Damn!!! 
That’ll teach me to go boozing in the spoons on a school night missing all the excitement :lol: 

did I get banned ?????? :lmao:

• Like 2

deju
1 hour ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Damn!!! 
That’ll teach me to go boozing in the spoons on a school night missing all the excitement :lol: 

did I get banned ?????? :lmao:

It's like on Call of duty servers when you’re caught cheating, you’re put  in a server with other bots 

Philiusmaximus

There's no evidence Putin ordered the  assassination of his enemies but we all know that he did.

In fact has anyone ever seen MAW1 and Putin at the same time? :D

And before the soft shites moan, that was a joke.

• Like 2

trailboss99
2 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

did I get banned ??????

Not as yet . . . :p

brang1
1 hour ago, Philiusmaximus said:

There's no evidence Putin ordered the  assassination of his enemies but we all know that he did.

In fact has anyone ever seen MAW1 and Putin at the same time? :D

And before the soft shites moan, that was a joke.

yep, you may be onto something - damn, how did we miss it? now we just wait and see who turns up poisoned 

onzenuub
13 minutes ago, trailboss99 said:

Not as yet . . . :p

Why not? Are you getting soft?

splke
6 minutes ago, onzenuub said:

Why not? Are you getting soft?

why, are you getting hard? :giggle: